ADVERTISEMENT

Updates on Corral and Wilson

Mark Wheeler

Inside the Gators Publisher
May 2, 2004
Andrew Bone of the Alabama site here on the network has the latest on Florida commits Divaad Wilson and Matt Corral after the duo visited the Tide over the weekend.

* Divaad Wilson, four-star cornerback from Northwestern High School in Miami, Florida, took an official visit to Alabama. The Florida commitment tweeted he received an offer from Alabama during the visit. Alabama has some interest in Wilson, but as a back-up plan right now. I believe the offer was a response to Nadab Joseph taking an official visit to UGA. Wilson does not have the ability to commit to Alabama until after the Tide officially misses on some other key DB targets- Tyson Campbell, Josh Jobe, Patrick Surtain Jr., Kelvin Joseph.

* Matt Corral, Rivals100 quarterback from Poly High School in Long Beach, California, and Daniel Faalale, four-star offensive tackle from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, were also in Tuscaloosa for official visits this past weekend. Corral, a Florida commitment, is a back-up plan if Alabama misses on Emory Jones, five-star quarterback from Heard County High School in Franklin, Georgia. There are a few quarterbacks Alabama is considering as back-up options right now. Corral is not the only one. Faalele is a massive lineman. He doesn't do many interviews, and even turns down requests when reporters travel to his games. I would not expect an interview about his official visit. I don't expect him to join Alabama's class. Alabama does not plan on making a push for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News