ADVERTISEMENT

UF vs UGA -- B-Ball

instaGATOR

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
What about coach Mike White, reminds me most of coach BillyD?

1. The ability and the willingness to play 8-12 guys in any game.

2. A mostly calm demeanor, and constantly 'coaching-up' his guys.

3. Defense, where all 8-12 guys that can play, are all active defenders.
None of UF's opponents have reached their season scoring average vs the Gators.
Overall, they rank 19th in the nation in forcing 16.6 T-O's per game. In SEC play, that has risen up to 17.8 as they have maintained a +7.3 T-O.

PS
What I least like about SEC officials?
They are @#^&$*+# when it comes to correctly or properly calling the games. :mad:
But that's JMOHO's as usual. :cool:

Apologize for the kid all you want, but Hill just 10000000000% caused that run to happen with bricks and pick sixes to possibly blow the game this time for good.

"oh wow 3 balls from a team that isn't known for their shooting"

lol does this bitch have any idea who they are playing today

A technical that's overturned at home, noboody but Florida, that turns into a 6 point swing and then a fluke charge. The officials make us lose to anyone no matter who we play and at home

Im not listening to any Hill apologies for a second today, every human on earth knew he had no chance and he's a SENIOR.

Kasey Hill misses two FTs down the stretch. Either wins the game. Both after making the first. Not clutch.

KA was really off today. 2nd game in a row. Hill played great defense today. Stone was great again and Canyon is a scorer.

There's really nothing to whine about when you know what's gonna happen, him being out there at that point is the real issue. He does harm to the team when he's playing in a close tight game clutch situation. Then he almost threw the ball away and Barry saved his ass at the end up 1, then had to rely on Barry to hit both, because that's what good players and vets do to win ball games. Not psyche themselves out

Although Kasey Hill could have won it in regulation, Hill was the one who was able to force the overtime when Florida was down 4-5 points against Georgia. The offense was just stagnant at about that time when Hill began driving it inside. Our post game was almost nonexistent today. Florida's guards had to try to drive it inside for some points in the paint. Georgia is much better than Florida at the center position.

Give credit to the Florida bench again and its defense to somehow pull out that game. The Gator Bench outscored Georgia's bench 48-5. Keith Stone (17 pts) and Canyon Barry (29 pts, 5-8 from 3-pt, 8-8 from FT line) came up huge in the win over the Bulldogs.

Last edited:
This team would be very dangerous if we had a top notch PG. Hill just makes you shake your head sometimes.

Florida goes to 5-0 in the SEC (still in 1st place)and 14-3 overall.
How many times did Florida ever do that in basketball?

I can only think of two other times and both of those times Florida made it to the Final Four. I am not sure about this group but these Gators are having a great year so far.

With so much riding on the outcome, this Florida-Georgia game was probably the Game of the Day in the SEC. Had Georgia won, the bulldogs would have been tied with Florida at 4-1 in the standings. Instead, Florida SURVIVED Georgia and are still in 1st place!

This team would be very dangerous if we had a top notch PG. Hill just makes you shake your head sometimes.

Hill is the best that Florida has. If Florida had more production out of the center position than this team could go very far. Egbunu, Hayes, Leon and Robinson all had poor games today. Allen was not that much better either.

Florida's best three players against Georgia were Barry, Stone, and Hill - believe it or not!
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/boxscore?id=89375

Right, I'm clueless. How's your Chiozza for starter campaign working out? I guess you know more hoops than Mike White too.

It's just funny when Hill is the leading scorer among the starting five, and there's five total comments on the game and four of them are bitching and moaning about Hill. How about if our 7 foot center put the ball in from 2 feet away? How about if our starting forwards grabbed more than 4 boards between them?

While Egbunu had 11 reb, 5 pts, on both of those late offensive rebounds, he needed to just kick the ball out to a teammate for a better shot. Egbunu just could not score at point blank range near the basket. I don't know what's going on with Egbunu this year but he has really regressed from last year.

While Egbunu had 11 reb, 5 pts, on both of those late offensive rebounds, he needed to just kick the ball out to a teammate for a better shot. Egbunu just could not score at point blank range near the basket. I don't know what's going on with Egbunu this year but he has really regressed from last year.

I'm surprised Egbunu played so much more than Hayes. Hayes seems to be more composed with the ball in the post, and he was rebounding ok early. Egbunu was rebounding well in the second half, but it's a lost possession throwing him the ball in the post. I was surprised they ran a play to post him up late in the game.

I'm surprised Egbunu played so much more than Hayes. Hayes seems to be more composed with the ball in the post, and he was rebounding ok early. Egbunu was rebounding well in the second half, but it's a lost possession throwing him the ball in the post. I was surprised they ran a play to post him up late in the game.

Florida needed Egbunu's physicality inside to deal with Georgia's superior inside players. Egbunu could still rebound better than anyone else on Florida's squad. Florida was struggling defensively inside when Hayes was in the game. Georgia excels in rebounding margin and often gets 2nd/3rd chances to score a bucket. That was how Georgia was able to lead Florida most of the game.

Thank goodness for Hill getting to the basket late and drawing fouls. Yes, he was 2 for 4, but anybody with an ounce of hoops knowledge would recognize our offense had gone stagnant at that point. Hill played well today.

Hill is the best that Florida has. If Florida had more production out of the center position than this team could go very far. Egbunu, Hayes, Leon and Robinson all had poor games today. Allen was not that much better either.

Florida's best three players against Georgia were Barry, Stone, and Hill - believe it or not!

They should make it a rule Hill is not allowed to take the first shot in our possessions. That would pay off handsomely over the duration of the whole game.

Egbunu seems to be better on the boards and a better shot bloxket

Reactions: rdgtr
Right, I'm clueless. How's your Chiozza for starter campaign working out? I guess you know more hoops than Mike White too.

You are clueless. Hill is an overall liability at the end of close games.
It's just funny when Hill is the leading scorer among the starting five, and there's five total comments on the game and four of them are bitching and moaning about Hill. How about if our 7 foot center put the ball in from 2 feet away? How about if our starting forwards grabbed more than 4 boards between them?
not from me. When he has a good game I say so.

Allen couldn't do much from the f***ing bench after that laughably atrocious 2nd foul early in the first half like we were playing kentucky when he got shoved on the media table going for a ball. That was bullshit and mike white literally laughed at the officials for that and I could read his lips he was like wow that's unbelievable...

and many were saying the last few days on the SEC Network that UGA would beat us and were the better team and are the 2nd best team in the SEC and would finish above us by tournament time..

Egbunu is absolutely USELESS down there around the basket and has ZERO chance of scoring, he plays like a little girl guard with the ball in the low post and starts traveling trying to kick it out and getting the ball ripped from him by little guys and guards. Barry, Allen usually have to save the day Stone has done it too the last few games... Leon did nothing i don't remember him scoring like more than once in the first half. We have played average to bad the last 4 games and have still scored 80 plus in like 6 of the last 7 games or so...

You are clueless. Hill is an overall liability at the end of close games.
not from me. When he has a good game I say so.

An overall liability at the end of games? Then why is he out there? I can see taking him out to protect a lead if he's struggling at the line, but he was the only one trying to do anything our last two possessions. Rdgtr is correct. His drive was the best offense we were going to get and the free throws he did make put us into overtime. There's also the other 58 minutes of the game to consider. Overall he shot well from the line (for him) and was the only starter to score in double figures. Our struggles today were not Hill's fault.

Allen couldn't do much from the f***ing bench after that laughably atrocious 2nd foul early in the first half like we were playing kentucky when he got shoved on the media table going for a ball. That was bullshit and mike white literally laughed at the officials for that and I could read his lips he was like wow that's unbelievable...

and many were saying the last few days on the SEC Network that UGA would beat us and were the better team and are the 2nd best team in the SEC and would finish above us by tournament time..

Egbunu is absolutely USELESS down there around the basket and has ZERO chance of scoring, he plays like a little girl guard with the ball in the low post and starts traveling trying to kick it out and getting the ball ripped from him by little guys and guards. Barry, Allen usually have to save the day Stone has done it too the last few games... Leon did nothing i don't remember him scoring like more than once in the first half. We have played average to bad the last 4 games and have still scored 80 plus in like 6 of the last 7 games or so...

I wonder how that SEC Network prediction thing is turning out. :cool:

As for the refs, which team did they hurt the most with their ridiculous calls: Florida or Georgia? I think at least two of Georgia's best players fouled out. Florida's bench players were the difference.

In the return game in Athens, Florida may not get the same result as this afternoon. I am ecstatic that the Gators were able to pull out the win over the bulldogs today.

Reactions: bradleygator
We literally never won these games under billy, we have done it every night in SEC play, but this was the only one where it was the other way around trailing and coming back and winning, we are usally up the whole game before it gets close. We had like 50 bench points, that's how you win...

Reactions: rdgtr
Very pleased this team is 14-3, 5-0 in the SEC. But what is our best win? Seton Hall? They're 12-5, 2-3 in their conference. Miami? They're 12-4, 2-2 in the ACC. Good wins, no doubt, but we've lost to the 3 ranked teams we've played. The SEC is simply not very good in basketball. But give Mike White & these kids credit. They play great defense, play hard and have been finding ways to win games late. I like him and I like them. Wednesday's game at South Carolina will be a real test and the team is going have to play much better than they did today. When you're leading scorer among the starters has only 11 and is 2-8 from the field, something's wrong. Officiating in NCAA basketball is terrible and always has been. But we had 22 fouls today, Georgia had 27. Robinson is not playing up to his potential. He has a solid game every now and then, but is a non-factor in others. Leon has not shown up the last 2 games. Egbunu was better last year than this year. Maybe his hamstring is still bothering him. The bigs just miss too many chippies. Hill has been better this year than last and is the best PG on the team. But he missed 2 crucial free throws in the last minute, plus had a dumb turnover while driving out of control. Teams seem to be figuring out how to pressure Allen while making him play more on defense and at least the last 2 games he's been pretty much taken out as a key factor. Barry & Stone have been HUGE. If our bigs cpould play better on offense and Hill could consistently play like he did against Tennessee & Alabama, we can play with just about anybody. I'm sure pulling for them.

Apologize for the kid all you want, but Hill just 10000000000% caused that run to happen with bricks and pick sixes to possibly blow the game this time for good.

Blab and hate on Hill all you like, but me and the coach like him anyway. :p

PG Hill 11 pts, 2/8 FG, 0/2 3pt, 7/10 TF, 4 Ast, 2 TO, 1 Stl, 2 PF - 33 min

PG Chiozza 2 pts, 1/3 FG, 0/1 3pt, 2 Rb, 4 Ast, 1 TO, 3 Stl, 2 PF - 16 min

But both have have their role on the Gator 'team' and there's nothing that you or your constant whining can do about it.... :cool:

Last edited:
BTW, numbers, you're a worse Gator fan than Hill ever is as a PG. o_O
And you are certainly more harmful with you constant crap whining, than he is with his solid work as a student/athlete. You're nothing more than a contentious whiny loser. :p
JMOHO's of course... :cool:
=============

In almost every game it's a different guy (Barry) that steps up to make the difference.
"He was the difference in the game," Georgia coach Mark Fox said.

SF Barry 27 pts, 7/13 FG, 5/8 3pt, 8/8 FT, 7 Rbs, 0 Ast, 2 TO, 4 PF

PF Stone 17 pts 5/6 FG, 3/4 3pt, 4/5 FT, 2 Rbs, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Blk, 3 Stl, 2 PF
(he had the best over-all game imo)

C Egbunu 5 Pts, 1/4 FG, 3/7 FT, 11 Rbs 2 TO, 2 Blk, 1 Stl, 2 PF
(coach White, please hire a competent 'big-guy' coach to help John, BillyD had Phelphre)

SG Allen 9 pts, 3/8 FG, 0/3 3pt, 3/3 FT, 1 Rb, 2 Ast, 2 TO, 1 Stl, 3 PF
(early foul trouble again reduced his 'cold' playing time)

PG Hill 11 pts, 2/8 FG, 0/2 3pt, 7/10 TF, 4 Ast, 2 TO, 1 Stl, 2 PF

PG Chiozza 2 pts, 1/3 FG, 0/1 3pt, 2 Rb, 4 Ast, 1 TO, 3 Stl, 2 PF

SF Robinson, SF Leon, and PF Hayes combined for just 9 pts while going 3/12 FG.
(are the Hill haters just ignoring when other good players have an off night?) :rolleyes:

Team 27/35 FT, 77.1% -- Gator Bench 51 pts, :eek:

#23 UF 14-3 - 5-0 SEC, :) has played the #2 SoS, with the #3 RPI. <<<<

PS
And thanks Coach White, for getting the ball in to Barry (like I've begged for) in the final 2 minutes so he could shoot the FT's.

Last edited:
An overall liability at the end of games? Then why is he out there? I can see taking him out to protect a lead if he's struggling at the line, but he was the only one trying to do anything our last two possessions. Rdgtr is correct. His drive was the best offense we were going to get and the free throws he did make put us into overtime. There's also the other 58 minutes of the game to consider. Overall he shot well from the line (for him) and was the only starter to score in double figures. Our struggles today were not Hill's fault.
I do not know why White puts him out there at the end of close games. He is prone to turnovers and has trouble with FTs at the end of games.

Very pleased this team is 14-3, 5-0 in the SEC. But what is our best win? Seton Hall? They're 12-5, 2-3 in their conference. Miami? They're 12-4, 2-2 in the ACC. Good wins, no doubt, but we've lost to the 3 ranked teams we've played. The SEC is simply not very good in basketball. But give Mike White & these kids credit. They play great defense, play hard and have been finding ways to win games late. I like him and I like them. Wednesday's game at South Carolina will be a real test and the team is going have to play much better than they did today. When you're leading scorer among the starters has only 11 and is 2-8 from the field, something's wrong. Officiating in NCAA basketball is terrible and always has been. But we had 22 fouls today, Georgia had 27. Robinson is not playing up to his potential. He has a solid game every now and then, but is a non-factor in others. Leon has not shown up the last 2 games. Egbunu was better last year than this year. Maybe his hamstring is still bothering him. The bigs just miss too many chippies. Hill has been better this year than last and is the best PG on the team. But he missed 2 crucial free throws in the last minute, plus had a dumb turnover while driving out of control. Teams seem to be figuring out how to pressure Allen while making him play more on defense and at least the last 2 games he's been pretty much taken out as a key factor. Barry & Stone have been HUGE. If our bigs cpould play better on offense and Hill could consistently play like he did against Tennessee & Alabama, we can play with just about anybody. I'm sure pulling for them.

We are # 3 in RPI now despite no real big win because our SOS is # 2 overall but that will drop quite a bit as the season goes on probably due to the SEC only schedule being ranked way lower in SOS right now. We are the # 1 SOS right now in out of conference play.

Our RPI right now is currently better than every team we lost to and is one spot in front of Kentucky. Despite all that if we can finish with a good record and split with KY we should get a real nice seed. If we end up with a real good record but no big signature win I think they will punish us with a seed well lower than what our rankings in the polls would suggest. We just need to take care of business against KY at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT