ADVERTISEMENT

UF selected best 4-year school in state

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
Surprised this has not been posted. (countdown for the FSU apologists and excuse making)

Website grades UF as best 4-year school in state

If University of Florida alumni seem a little puffed up today, blame it on Schools.com.

The online educational resource released its rankings of the best four-year colleges and universities in the state Tuesday, and the Gators came out on top. In addition, the university earned the No. 5 spot on the nationwide list, beating out 1,649 colleges and universities across the country.

Graduates of the University of West Florida have a lot to be proud of, too. According to the Schools.com ranking, UWF came in fourth, beating out such powerhouses as the University of Central Florida, Florida Atlantic University, and — say it isn't so, Seminoles — Florida State University, which came in near the bottom of the list in ninth place.

According to a Schools.com press release, each school was scored on a 100-point scale using the most recent data available from government sources and based on metrics such as tuition and fees, number of degrees and certificates offered, flexibility, student services, student-loan rates and rates of student graduation, retention and transfer.

The rankings didn't surprise Niceville resident Tim Parsons, an alumnus of both the University of Florida and the University of West Florida.

“I'm not shocked at all by either finding,” Parsons said. “I'm certainly biased, but Florida has always been a highly ranked university. And a lot of our local leaders and business owners are products of UWF. They have a lot of high-caliber people among their alumni.”

Steve Orlando, a spokesman for the University of Florida, called the rankings “great news.”

“I think it says a lot about the value of a University of Florida education,” he said. “UF alumni in the Panhandle should be proud.”

Calls to Florida State University were not immediately returned.

The top 10 schools on the Schools.com rankings are: 1. University of Florida; 2. University of South Florida-Main Campus; 3. Florida International University; 4. The University of West Florida; 5. University of Central Florida; 6. New College of Florida; 7. Florida Atlantic University; 8. University of North Florida; 9. Florida State University; 10. University of South Florida-St. Petersburg.

For more information on the rankings, visit www.schools.com/online-colleges/florida

Copyright © 2017, Orlando Sentinel

To get our list of the best colleges, we ranked 1,649 4-year colleges and universities in the U.S. Each school was scored on a 100-point scale, using the most recent data available from government sources. Our data points include:

The in-state tuition and fees for full-time undergraduates, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
The estimated cost of books and supplies, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
The average net price for students receiving Title IV grant and scholarship aid, National Center for Education Statistics, 2014-15
The average net price for low-income students receiving Title IV grant and scholarship aid, National Center for Education Statistics, 2014-15
The average amount of institutional grant aid awarded to full-time, first-time undergraduate students as a percentage of in-state tuition and fees, National Center for Education Statistics, 2014-15
Median debt of graduates, College Scorecard, 2014-15
3-year student loan repayment rate of graduates, College Scorecard, 2014-15
No. of degree and certificate programs offered, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
No. of degree and certificate programs offered via distance education, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
Percent of students enrolled in any distance education classes, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
Average retention rate for full-time and part-time students, National Center for Education Statistics, Fall 2015-16
Graduation rate within six years, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
Flexibility and student services, based on whether the school offers the following services, National Center for Education Statistics, 2015-16
Dual credit
Credit for life experience
Advanced Placement credit
Programs of study that can be completed entirely on weekends or in the evening
Remedial services
Academic and career counseling
Job placement services for graduates
Guaranteed tuition plan
Tuition payment plan
Any other alternative tuition plan

Nice of you to come over to Warchant to comment on this so I guess I will do the same here.
No way we are 9th. Check out all the major ranking including US News. USF is ranked 2 in this but ranked 83 in public schools nationwide. FSU is ranked 38th. This is a complete BS poll.

Also we rank higher than every SEC school overall except UF,UGA, Texas A&M and Vandy.

Fake news.

Last edited:
Make fun to the circus all you want by the way (how original)...but one of the members of FSU's circus that I know got into and went to UF's MBA program but didn't get into FSUs. Thought you would enjoy that. See you in Nov. for your yearly loss.

Nice of you to come over to Warchant to comment on this so I guess I will do the same here.

Given your concerns on this, I showed the methodology over there and here. It is a few posts above this. Your mods decided to delete it. I guess they, like you, can't handle the truth

No way we are 9th. Check out all the major ranking including US News. USF is ranked 2 in this but ranked 83 in public schools nationwide. FSU is ranked 38th. This is a complete BS poll.

Take it up with the authors of the poll.

Also we rank higher than every SEC school overall except UF,UGA, Texas A&M and Vandy.

Other than that Mrs. Kennedy, how was your trip to Dallas?

Make fun to the circus all you want by the way (how original)...but one of the members of FSU's circus that I know got into and went to UF's MBA program but didn't get into FSUs. Thought you would enjoy that. See you in Nov. for your yearly loss.

This post is fantasy and wishful thinking.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
If its on the internet it must be true ;) In all seriousness UF is a great school but plz refrain from posting things like this. It makes u look weak. Hey guys, such and such website said we r better(sticks tongue out). People know u have a great school because its a great school, u dont need some half wit website to tell u that.

UF is a great school. No doubt. Best in state and one of the better public schools in the country. Half the Gator fan base on this board, present and past, couldn't fill out an application to get in so the academic chest thumping falls on deaf, clown ears.

UF is a great school. No doubt. Best in state and one of the better public schools in the country. Half the Gator fan base on this board, present and past, couldn't fill out an application to get in so the academic chest thumping falls on deaf, clown ears.
Yet the dimmest of dimwit FSU fans all seem to be able to get in there.

ergo the difference in academic quality

MJ, the funny thing is I feel confident you are an actual grad. Using a word like "ergo" on a sports board confirms you're a douchebag though. Can't wait to see you waive goodbye after Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I know that the out of state for me to come to UF when the new staff invited me to come as a preferred walk on was outrageous.. so I went closer to home

I know that the out of state for me to come to UF when the new staff invited me to come as a preferred walk on was outrageous.. so I went closer to home

Yep, right back under your mommies bed, where you belong....

hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

nah, i was on two teams that beat UF in consecutive years and two different coaches... the first one got Zook fired for us...

you're welcome you ungrateful twit mummy

I was accepted to UF for undergrad and graduate but nvr felt it was the best school for me. I applied because i thought it was a great school. Georgia tech was better for engineering tho. So i went there instead

I was accepted to UF for undergrad and graduate but nvr felt it was the best school for me. I applied because i thought it was a great school. Georgia tech was better for engineering tho. So i went there instead
All Nole fans were accepted to UF but chose not to go.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
MJ, the funny thing is I feel confident you are an actual grad. Using a word like "ergo" on a sports board confirms you're a douchebag though.

Admit it. You had to look it up.

Can't wait to see you waive goodbye after Thanksgiving.

I did not see that you actually agreed to the bet. You were too much the coward to accept the original bet. In any case, somebody will pick one of us up off the "waver" wire.

Some memes write themselves

Last edited:
nah, i was on two teams that beat UF in consecutive years and two different coaches... the first one got Zook fired for us...

I was at that game with some Bull Gators. We all looked at each other and all had the same thought; "Zook was gone, gone, gone"

Speaking of the Nole board, one of the FSU regulars started the same thread over there. The dimwitted gman7575 called it fake news over there too. So, in order to try and help the young lad gain some knowledge, I posted the methodology over there, the same as here. What did the dimwitted mods do? Deleted the methodology post, rather than the whiny "fake news" posts.

It is almost as if they wish to be stupid and ignorant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT