ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Says 'Nobody's Gotten to the Bottom of 9/11' at Saudi-Backed LIV Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
trump is just a POS...plain & simple

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-no-ones-gotten-bottom-9-11-saudi-backed-liv-golf-1728880
BY JON JACKSON ON 7/28/22 AT 12:41 PM EDT

6o8hch.jpg

donald trump on Thursday praised Saudi Arabia's backing of the LIV Golf tournament at his Bedminster, New Jersey, club. Asked about the families of 9/11 victims who plan to protest the event because of Saudi Arabia's involvement, the former president told an ESPN reporter, "Nobody's gotten to the bottom of 9/11, unfortunately."

Intelligence reports from the CIA and FBI have suggested possible Saudi links to the 2001 attacks on the United States. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, as was Osama bin Laden. Saudi Arabia has long denied any link to the attacks.

Some families of 9/11 victims have criticized Trump for hosting the event only a couple of dozen miles away from the former Twin Towers site in Manhattan. Protests are planned for outside of the club during the tournament.

Speaking to ESPN, Trump called those responsible for 9/11 "maniacs" and referred to the attacks as a "horrible thing to our city, to our country, to the world."

"But I can tell you that there are a lot of really great people that are out here today, and we're gonna have a lot of fun, and we're going to celebrate. Money's going to charity—a lot of money's going to charity," he said.

The former president teed off Thursday during a pro-amateur event at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster ahead of the 2022 LIV Golf Invitational Series, which begins Friday. Well-known names expected to participate in the event include Caitlyn Jenner, Charles Barkley and football Hall of Famers Lawrence Taylor and Brian Urlacher

Last month, the PGA Tour suspended 17 players because of their participation in the LIV Golf tour, and the tournament has been criticized by such top golf stars as Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. Other top golfers, including Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia, are scheduled to participate in the tour.

Trump criticized the PGA as well as the players who stayed out of the LIV tour.

"The PGA was not loved by a lot of the players, as you know, for a long time. Now they have an alternative, and nobody would have ever known there was going to be a gold rush like this," Trump told ESPN.

He added, "Remember this, if there's a merger, the people that didn't come will never get anything except a thank-you from the people who took advantage of them."

LIV Golf is backed by the Public Investment Fund, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. Along with families of 9/11 victims protesting LIV, activists have condemned the tournament because of accusations of human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia, including allegations that the royal family and the Saudi government were involved in the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Trump, however, defended LIV Golf's financial supporters on Thursday.

"I've known these people for a long time in Saudi Arabia. They've been friends of mine for a long time," Trump told ESPN. "They've invested in many American companies, they own big percentages of many, many American companies, and frankly what they're doing for golf is so great.

Newsweek reached out to a Trump spokesperson for comment.

But, but, but were we in a recession then? No. Were we better off then? Yes. Did he point out people like you who hate America? Yes. So, since you hate Trump so much, who apparently has proven he loves America, you must be a Commie. I've said it all along.

You are so obsessed with Trump, I bet twenty or so years from now when Trump has died of old age you'll still be in the basement with your pal @BSC911 hating on Trump. Your obsession is laughable to no end, and yet you can't see it. You are a hopeless Commie.

But, but, but were we in a recession then? No. Were we better off then? Yes. Did he point out people like you who hate America? Yes. So, since you hate Trump so much, who apparently has proven he loves America, you must be a Commie. I've said it all along.

You are so obsessed with Trump, I bet twenty or so years from now when Trump has died of old age you'll still be in the basement with your pal @BSC911 hating on Trump. Your obsession is laughable to no end, and yet you can't see it. You are a hopeless Commie.
Keep in mind, this is all coming from a poster who condones old men showering with their teen daughter. Context is everything.

But, but, but were we in a recession then? No. Were we better off then? Yes.

We were in a recession already when 9/11 occurred you idiot

Were you born when 9/11 occurred or is it something you learned about in school?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/911-anniversary-economy-bigger/
U.S. economy has grown bigger — and weaker — since 9/11
moneywatch
BY ALAIN SHERTER

SEPTEMBER 9, 2021 / 6:00 AM / MONEYWATCH

Although the U.S. economy was officially in recession when the planes struck on 9/11, it bounced back quickly after the attacks. Growth slumped over the final months of 2001, but by January 2002 consumers and businesses had regained their nerve. Politicians and the press pointed to the rebound as evidence of America's resilience — a testament to the country's vaunted power of capitalist self-renewal.

https://irp.fas.org/crs/RL31617.pdf

The Economic Effects of 9/11: A Retrospective Assessment​

https://irp.fas.org › crs

PDF

Sep 27, 2002 — Thus, when the terrorist attacks took place, the U.S. economy was in the third quarter of contraction and in a recession.

Reactions: gatorspeed
Why are we arguing about the recession? 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi nationals and the Kingdom of Saud is well known for massive human rights violations and state sponsored terrorism.

Reactions: kjfreeze

Were you born when 9/11 occurred or is it something you learned about in school?

moneywatch
BY ALAIN SHERTER

Although the U.S. economy was officially in recession when the planes struck on 9/11, it bounced back quickly after the attacks. Growth slumped over the final months of 2001, but by January 2002 consumers and businesses had regained their nerve. Politicians and the press pointed to the rebound as evidence of America's resilience — a testament to the country's vaunted power of capitalist self-renewal.

The Economic Effects of 9/11: A Retrospective Assessment

PDF

Sep 27, 2002 — Thus, when the terrorist attacks took place, the U.S. economy was in the third quarter of contraction and in a recession.
We were NOT in a recession ya dork........we were at the end of a Wall Street phenomenon.. :rolleyes:
The tech stock, dot com bubble burst. Market caps busted overnight, causing margin calls and panic. From 2002 to 2005, the economy literally exploded, everybody had money.

We were NOT in a recession ya dork........we were at the end of a Wall Street phenomenon.. :rolleyes:
The tech stock, dot com bubble burst. Market caps busted overnight, causing margin calls and panic. From 2002 to 2005, the economy literally exploded, everybody had money.

3 quarters of contracting under Bush isn't a recession...but 2 quarters under Biden is

trumpanzee logic right there...

3 quarters of contracting under Bush isn't a recession...but 2 quarters under Biden is

trumpanzee logic right there...

What part of a Wall Street melt down did you miss? Wall Street, not main street. I lived through it bucko. And it bounced right back up, under Bush's watch, and soared. That ain't happening with the Pant's Shitter in Chief at the helm. Biden's gas crisis, Biden's inflation. Biden's recession. Own it bitches! 😂

What part of a Wall Street melt down did you miss? Wall Street, not main street. I lived through it bucko. And it bounced right back up, under Bush's watch, and soared. That ain't happening with the Pant's Shitter in Chief at the helm. Biden's gas crisis, Biden's inflation. Biden's recession. Own it bitches! 😂

I was working on Wall St from before the 1st attack...the bombing attempt

I was supposed to attend a conference @ windows on the world that morning
Glad I decided not to attend

The US was in recession at the time....thanks for playing!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/video/25-ways-9-11-affected-190100524.html

Effect on the Recession​

The recession began in March 2001, and the Sept. 11 attacks extended the recession by causing the economy to retract 1.7%, according to GenFKD. The recession officially ended in November 2001, but the Dow Jones continued to drop for the next year.

Last edited:

moneywatch
BY ALAIN SHERTER

The Economic Effects of 9/11: A Retrospective Assessment

PDF

My point, you idiot, was not 9/11 but your obsession with Trump. The post was directed at Trump's term, you idiot, not 9/11. But again, I will suggest you are an American hater. You need to stop pooping in your pants like your hero Joe does, and then walk to Canada and tell them you'd like to become Canadian and renounce your American citizenship.

trump is just a POS...plain & simple

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-no-ones-gotten-bottom-9-11-saudi-backed-liv-golf-1728880
BY JON JACKSON ON 7/28/22 AT 12:41 PM EDT

6o8hch.jpg

donald trump on Thursday praised Saudi Arabia's backing of the LIV Golf tournament at his Bedminster, New Jersey, club. Asked about the families of 9/11 victims who plan to protest the event because of Saudi Arabia's involvement, the former president told an ESPN reporter, "Nobody's gotten to the bottom of 9/11, unfortunately."

Intelligence reports from the CIA and FBI have suggested possible Saudi links to the 2001 attacks on the United States. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, as was Osama bin Laden. Saudi Arabia has long denied any link to the attacks.

Some families of 9/11 victims have criticized Trump for hosting the event only a couple of dozen miles away from the former Twin Towers site in Manhattan. Protests are planned for outside of the club during the tournament.

Speaking to ESPN, Trump called those responsible for 9/11 "maniacs" and referred to the attacks as a "horrible thing to our city, to our country, to the world."

"But I can tell you that there are a lot of really great people that are out here today, and we're gonna have a lot of fun, and we're going to celebrate. Money's going to charity—a lot of money's going to charity," he said.

The former president teed off Thursday during a pro-amateur event at Trump National Golf Club Bedminster ahead of the 2022 LIV Golf Invitational Series, which begins Friday. Well-known names expected to participate in the event include Caitlyn Jenner, Charles Barkley and football Hall of Famers Lawrence Taylor and Brian Urlacher

Last month, the PGA Tour suspended 17 players because of their participation in the LIV Golf tour, and the tournament has been criticized by such top golf stars as Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. Other top golfers, including Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson and Sergio Garcia, are scheduled to participate in the tour.

Trump criticized the PGA as well as the players who stayed out of the LIV tour.

"The PGA was not loved by a lot of the players, as you know, for a long time. Now they have an alternative, and nobody would have ever known there was going to be a gold rush like this," Trump told ESPN.

He added, "Remember this, if there's a merger, the people that didn't come will never get anything except a thank-you from the people who took advantage of them."

LIV Golf is backed by the Public Investment Fund, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia. Along with families of 9/11 victims protesting LIV, activists have condemned the tournament because of accusations of human rights abuses in Saudi Arabia, including allegations that the royal family and the Saudi government were involved in the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Trump, however, defended LIV Golf's financial supporters on Thursday.

"I've known these people for a long time in Saudi Arabia. They've been friends of mine for a long time," Trump told ESPN. "They've invested in many American companies, they own big percentages of many, many American companies, and frankly what they're doing for golf is so great.

Newsweek reached out to a Trump spokesperson for comment.

Keep in mind, this is all coming from a poster who condones old men showering with their teen daughter. Context is everything.
This^^His own daughter admitted this but it was immediately swept under the rug. Had this been Trump and his daughter then MSM would be demanding charges and removal from office a disgraced pedophile that molested his own child, etc.

We currently have a pathological liar in the WH, it is most relevant.
we had one for sure, i have paid much attention to Joe, i am sure he lies, thats not really debatable, he is a politician, but he isnt the yuuuuuuuge con man that trump is. who is? maybe, and i ean maybe Bernie is in his league, but thats it.

we had one for sure, i have paid much attention to Joe, i am sure he lies, thats not really debatable, he is a politician, but he isnt the yuuuuuuuge con man that trump is. who is? maybe, and i ean maybe Bernie is in his league, but thats it.
Have you ever told a lie? Point a finger and you've three point right back at you. This Trump hate is so laughable, and if it were Trump vs Biden in 2024, I bet you'd vote for your poopy pants pal, right Commie?

Have you ever told a lie? Point a finger and you've three point right back at you. This Trump hate is so laughable, and if it were Trump vs Biden in 2024, I bet you'd vote for your poopy pants pal, right Commie?
Hate? i dont hate him never met him, think he is a disgraceful human being, thats kind of hard to refute if you stop cheerleading and simply look at things as they are.

Hate? i dont hate him never met him, think he is a disgraceful human being, thats kind of hard to refute if you stop cheerleading and simply look at things as they are.
Hate = intense or passionate dislike. Can you hate someone you've never met? Yep. I assume you don't like the way he talks, his tone when he talks, his body language, what you perceive are lies or deceit... Yet, he was/is the best President we've ever had.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Hate = intense or passionate dislike. Can you hate someone you've never met? Yep. I assume you don't like the way he talks, his tone when he talks, his body language, what you perceive are lies or deceit... Yet, he was/is the best President we've ever had.
he was simply an awful president buddy, sorry if that triggers you. i dont hate him, i could care less, he shouldnt have beaten hillary, by far the least likable person in history, and he got curb stomped by a man that cant put his shoes on by himself. What planet do you people live on!!!!

he was simply an awful president buddy, sorry if that triggers you. i dont hate him, i could care less, he shouldnt have beaten hillary, by far the least likable person in history, and he got curb stomped by a man that cant put his shoes on by himself. What planet do you people live on!!!!
Okay, explain how he was an awful President! What planet do YOU come from? You simply hate Trump because he was good for America and you hate America, plain and simple. Your written words speak volumes here "buddy."

Nice deflection.

There is literally nothing Trump could do that would cause you to criticize him. That’s the definition of a cult.

Okay, explain how he was an awful President! What planet do YOU come from? You simply hate Trump because he was good for America and you hate America, plain and simple. Your written words speak volumes here "buddy."
If you don’t see it by now, you never will.

Cultist.

Translation...WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA Trump has orange hair and grabs pu*****. Whaaa Whaaaaa Whaaaaa
Better translation. You cultists eat up whatever Trump dishes out.

The 9/11 families said Trump lied to their faces. Not that you care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT