ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2023-2024

We've dropped to #10 in the Sports247 composite recruiting rankings, with 2-3 more guys expected to flip between now and Wednesday.

These are the signing times for our commits who, apparently, are still considering other schools, per Gator Country.com
10:00 A.M.- Defensive line commit LJ McCray- McCray will announce a final decision between UF, Florida State, and Auburn at this time.
1:15 P.M.- Linebacker commit Adarius Hayes- Hayes plans to announce a final decision between Florida and Miami at this time.
1:40 P.M.- Defensive line commit Amaris Williams- Williams plans to announce a final decision between Auburn and Florida at this time.

And here are the signing times of 3 guys they hope to flip:
Florida targets:

1:15 P.M.- Defensive back Gregory Smith-
Smith will choose between Florida, USF, Ole Miss, and Virginia.

6:30 P.M.- Running back Jadan Baugh- Baugh will announce between Alabama and Florida.

Offensive lineman Favor Edwin- Edwin will announce between Alabama, Auburn, and Florida.

These are the signing times for our commits who, apparently, are still considering other schools, per Gator Country.com
10:00 A.M.- Defensive line commit LJ McCray- McCray will announce a final decision between UF, Florida State, and Auburn at this time.
1:15 P.M.- Linebacker commit Adarius Hayes- Hayes plans to announce a final decision between Florida and Miami at this time.
1:40 P.M.- Defensive line commit Amaris Williams- Williams plans to announce a final decision between Auburn and Florida at this time.

And here are the signing times of 3 guys they hope to flip:
Florida targets:

1:15 P.M.- Defensive back Gregory Smith-
Smith will choose between Florida, USF, Ole Miss, and Virginia.

6:30 P.M.- Running back Jadan Baugh- Baugh will announce between Alabama and Florida.

Offensive lineman Favor Edwin- Edwin will announce between Alabama, Auburn, and Florida.

How do you feel on those? Feel like McCray sticks, fsu not co fident they can flip him, heard its Auburn and uf but uf has the easy lead

Adarius Hayes did sign with Miami and Amaris Williams signed with Auburn. McCray told a reporter earlier today that he probably wont' sign right now because he wants to think about it a little while longer. Apparently, some other schools have come at him hard.

Also, 3-4 star WR Izaiah Williams is being reported as a flip from UF to Texas A&M.

And D J Lagway's Dad told an ESPN2 guy that Southern Cal was making a big last minute push to flip him from UF. USC's starting QB is going to the NFL, 5-star back-up Malachi Nelson, who was the #1 QB in last year's class, is in the portal and they don;t have another QB in this year's signing class. We'll know in an hour or so, supposedly, what he decides.

Fsu lost KJ Bolden, Norvell continues his trend of getting stuffed in a locker for his top recruit every yr....

Fsu about to enter the transfer portal. As I've said many times, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if we are in the ACC in 2026. I think this coming yr will be our last but could be 2 more. Expect fsu to move to the big 10

Here are some recruiting rankings that reflect the decline in Gator football:

Year / Composite Ranking / Transfer Ranking
2009 7 N/A
2010 1 N/A
2011 11 N/A
2012 3 N/A
2013 3 N/A
2014 9 N/A
2015 21 N/A
2016 12 N/A
2017 11 N/A
2018 14 1
2019 9 17
2020 9 3
2021 12 9
2022 18 20
2023 13 16
2024 16 38 (as of now)

The rankings may not seem too bad compared to P5 mid-level teams, but when you take into account how many SEC teams are ahead of us in these rankings, especially from 2015 forward, it's easy to see why we're not competing much for championships.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Here are some recruiting rankings that reflect the decline in Gator football:

Year / Composite Ranking / Transfer Ranking
2009 7 N/A
2010 1 N/A
2011 11 N/A
2012 3 N/A
2013 3 N/A
2014 9 N/A
2015 21 N/A
2016 12 N/A
2017 11 N/A
2018 14 1
2019 9 17
2020 9 3
2021 12 9
2022 18 20
2023 13 16
2024 16 38 (as of now)

The rankings may not seem too bad compared to P5 mid-level teams, but when you take into account how many SEC teams are ahead of us in these rankings, especially from 2015 forward, it's easy to see why we're not competing much for championships.
From an outsider, one of the main reasons for this is because you guys prop up the sec and are way too nice to rivals who have been dominating your conference. Bama seems to get preferential treatment from the sec (through refs, rankings, etc) and everyone in the sec is just OK with it. That's the most shocking thing to me as an outsider is how much UF fans, Auburn fans, tenn fans, etc are EXCITED when someone in their conf wins a title. Sure you get more money but is that helping? Doesn't seem that way. If I was a fan of an sec school, I'd want uga and bama to fall immediately and I would never chant sec at games, looks like a pathetic attempt to say you won something because your conf did and you didn't. I get sec fans want the perception to be that they are the best but it hasn't really worked out for anyone except bama and recently uga. A few blips of LSU in there.

From an outsider, one of the main reasons for this is because you guys prop up the sec and are way too nice to rivals who have been dominating your conference. Bama seems to get preferential treatment from the sec (through refs, rankings, etc) and everyone in the sec is just OK with it. That's the most shocking thing to me as an outsider is how much UF fans, Auburn fans, tenn fans, etc are EXCITED when someone in their conf wins a title. Sure you get more money but is that helping? Doesn't seem that way. If I was a fan of an sec school, I'd want uga and bama to fall immediately and I would never chant sec at games, looks like a pathetic attempt to say you won something because your conf did and you didn't. I get sec fans want the perception to be that they are the best but it hasn't really worked out for anyone except bama and recently uga. A few blips of LSU in there.
Yeah I would say this accounts for about .00000001 percent of our problems.

So, let me clear this up for you. The SEC has won 9 of the last 13 titles (I believe). So, you think cheering for the SEC is dumb. Well, lets say, hypothetically, a year comes where all 5 conferences have a qualified team and there are only 4 spots, guess who is not getting left out? You cheer for conference dominance in hopes being the SEC champ or being in the SEC gets you a high mark on your resume when you need it. Odd how that works out isn’t it.

I know a lot of Gator fans are like that, but I rarely pull for SEC teams when they play - never for Georgia or Tennessee, rarely for Alabama and seldom for the rest. I'm a Gator fan, not an SEC fan, but I'm in the minority. With that said, the things you brought up have nothing to do with the problems in Gainesville.

Last edited:
So, let me clear this up for you. The SEC has won 9 of the last 13 titles (I believe). So, you think cheering for the SEC is dumb. Well, lets say, hypothetically, a year comes where all 5 conferences have a qualified team and there are only 4 spots, guess who is not getting left out? You cheer for conference dominance in hopes being the SEC champ or being in the SEC gets you a high mark on your resume when you need it. Odd how that works out isn’t it.

How has that worked out for anyone other than Alabama, seems like you were sold a dream that only applies for some and you still fall for it. Even here you seem happy that Alabama is having success

Yeah I would say this accounts for about .00000001 percent of our problems.

Hard to rise when the giant is holding you down. Imagine if bama and uga weren't taking all the recruits from florida....hmmm. what happened in the 90s again? Who were the dominant teams? I forget.

I know a lot of Gator fans are like that, but I rarely pull for SEC teams when they play - never for Georgia or Tennessee, rarely for Alabama and seldom for the rest. I'm a Gator fan, not an SEC fan, but I'm in the minority. With that said, the things you brought up having nothing to do with the problems in Gainesville.

I disagree, you are having recruiting g issues, bama and uga are not. Them winning keeps kids going to their program and not yours. Flip rosters with you and uga, you think you would still be at 5 wins? I don't. Issue for UF is all the good players are leaving Florida for bama and uga and oh st etc.

You're going to get smacked for this comment, but there is actually an element of truth to it. Saban has been so dominating on the recruiting trail that he relegated most of the sec to also rans. Now we can certainly debate if the bama boys in the sec offices turned a blind eye and ran interference but can't argue with the results. Kirby got over to uga and implemented the same process. Pruitt tried to copy Saban at UT, but I guess chick fil A bags of cash are illegal on rocky top. Minus Saban's first season at bama, the dude in the past 16 years has only lost 14 conference games, has 13 sec west titles and 9 SEC titles. Take away scam newton at Auburn, and LSU 2019 season, it's not the sec that has been dominant, it's Alabama that has been dominant. Riding their tit has mostly hurt the rest of the conference's chances at titles. Ole kirby is the first legitimate sustained threat to saban...he basically has out sabaned saban. But now that everyone can legally pass out the cash we will see where this is headed. Florida's main issues have been crappy coaching hires, a booster group that is still stinging from the 80s and operates very cautiously and an AD that put all sports on equal footing (most SEC schools minus KY focus majority of effort on football)

You're going to get smacked for this comment, but there is actually an element of truth to it. Saban has been so dominating on the recruiting trail that he relegated most of the sec to also rans. Now we can certainly debate if the bama boys in the sec offices turned a blind eye and ran interference but can't argue with the results. Kirby got over to uga and implemented the same process. Pruitt tried to copy Saban at UT, but I guess chick fil A bags of cash are illegal on rocky top. Minus Saban's first season at bama, the dude in the past 16 years has only lost 14 conference games, has 13 sec west titles and 9 SEC titles. Take away scam newton at Auburn, and LSU 2019 season, it's not the sec that has been dominant, it's Alabama that has been dominant. Riding their tit has mostly hurt the rest of the conference's chances at titles. Ole kirby is the first legitimate sustained threat to saban...he basically has out sabaned saban. But now that everyone can legally pass out the cash we will see where this is headed. Florida's main issues have been crappy coaching hires, a booster group that is still stinging from the 80s and operates very cautiously and an AD that put all sports on equal footing (most SEC schools minus KY focus majority of effort on football)
FSU numbers just posts stuff to get reactions. I just point out how dumb his points are and keep it moving. This particular point is dumb even for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1

I think that's a fair and rationale resposne

FSU numbers just posts stuff to get reactions. I just point out how dumb his points are and keep it moving. This particular point is dumb even for him.

Yea and you glute spread for bama because you think it somehow is a small victory for you if they win lol its sad to see this level of delusion from you guys. If bama went away tomorrow, your chance at winning the sec goes up exponentially over the next 10 yrs.

About the only thing that benefits UF, along with the rest of the SEC teams is the amount of money we receive just having an SEC team make a CFP appearance. Otherwise, FSU wouldn't be begging JP Morgan Chase for a $150 million loan to bail out of a conference Bowden chose to join.

Football World -- former NFL head coach Bum Phillips surmised the very trait that elevated Don Shula to the pinnacle of coaching in the NFL...

"He can take his'n and beat your'n,
then he can take your'n and beat his'n."

The trouble with the Gators is, that we haven't had a coach like that in a decade+.

Yea and you glute spread for bama because you think it somehow is a small victory for you if they win lol its sad to see this level of delusion from you guys. If bama went away tomorrow, your chance at winning the sec goes up exponentially over the next 10 yrs.
Know this. The Alabama dynasty is not lasting forever. And it will end sooner rather than later thanks in part to NIL, the transfer portal and Saban’s age. Cracks have formed in the past two years. Look at their struggles against vastly inferior competition.

Reactions: fsu939913
About the only thing that benefits UF, along with the rest of the SEC teams is the amount of money we receive just having an SEC team make a CFP appearance. Otherwise, FSU wouldn't be begging JP Morgan Chase for a $150 million loan to bail out of a conference Bowden chose to join.

But does it really benefit you if you win 5 games a yr and bama wins 12? Seems it's benefitting others more

SEC Conference strength doesn't mean a thing anymore....

And that's why the FSUcks Criminoles are trying to leave the Almost Competitive Conf, to join the slightly better Big-10-12-14, whatever,,,, right?

Because going 12-0 vs that All Cupcake's Conf. schedule won't necessarily get you into the CFP against teams that play real competition across a season....

It looks to me like the 5-7 Gator's didn't have to actually win to knock the crims outta the CFP, just getting that 12-0 lead on them in the final season game was enough to get the job done.
😛

SEC Conference strength doesn't mean a thing anymore....

And that's why the FSUcks Criminoles are trying to leave the Almost Competitive Conf, to join the slightly better Big-10-12-14, whatever,,,, right?

Because going 12-0 vs that All Cupcake's Conf. schedule won't necessarily get you into the CFP against teams that play real competition across a season....

It looks to me like the 5-7 Gator's didn't have to actually win to knock the crims outta the CFP, just getting that 12-0 lead on them in the final season game was enough to get the job done.
😛
The committee did us all a favor by leaving the Holes out of the CFP, thus avoiding another embarrassment, like the very embarrassment FSU received in 2014, and that’s with their actual starting QB along with a far better team they had compared to this seasons Holes team.

I seem to remember the phootball genius types here telling me that Dan couldn't recruit and had to be replaced by a great recruiter like Billy.
Class / Portal
Dan
2018 14 / 1
2019 9 / 17
2020 9 / 3
2021 12 / 9
Ave 11 / 7.5
=====
Now, add in th,e 142,000-square foot, $85 million James W. “Bill” Heavener Football Training Center, a 50+ staff, and the NIL money and what did you get?
Billy
2022 18 / 20
2023 13 / 16
2024 16 / 38 (as of now)
Ave 15.7 / 24.7
======
But wait, Dan's guys didn't stick or do well at UF...
While Billy's have,,, right???
😏

Once owning the No. 3 recruiting class in the country by the 247Sports' composite team rankings, the Gators were riding a high in the talent acquisition department with a firm foundation for the future of the roster.

But, the team's regression from year one to year two under head coach Billy Napier, dropping five straight games to conclude the 2023 season at 5-7, played a significant role in the departure of 8 recruits in the final 6 weeks of the period from the formerly elite-caliber class.

The promising compilation of a #3 talent class quickly dispersed, resulting in a considerable drop in the rankings to #16 by the time ENSD concluded on Wednesday evening. 🙄

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...ng-face-of-franchise-dj-lagway-monumental-win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT