ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2023-2024

it will be interesting if all the young guys, who CBN keeps saying are going to carry this program, stick around. You would figure Wilson and Etienne would be top targets for better programs.

We better not be slow on the trigger this time in the portal like last season. If we are again Napier is likely fired in 2024. I hope the office people realize that.

I want you guys to snag Tyler Van Dyke from the portal, just to see Insta's reaction. 😀
Well, that guy is a scUM thug, so maybe he's dumb enough to come here, but I doubt it....

CBN had better get 2-3 more xfer QB (if he can buy $$$$$$ them), or he might have to suit up and get his own butt kicked at QB in 2024.

And oh BTW, how has his genius rebuild of the OL gone in the last 2 classes, even with some xfers added?
While 3rd and Grantham is prolly LHFAO at CBN's vast improvements in the defense.....

GLOOM - DESPAIR - and AGONY ON ME.....

Van Dyke actually looked pretty good a few years back. Not sure what the issue has been the last couple of years.

Caleb Douglas is entering the portal supposedly. We need either Jean or Mizell to emerge and need to find a good WR in the portal.

Maximus Johnson going from aTm to the Tar Heels.

Hate the timing of the portal, with guys having to announce before the bowl games - and even worse for those whose teams make it, the playoffs. It will be even worse next year when the playoffs expand to 12 teams. Are there plans to move the date back any? Right now, I think it opens on 12/3 & closes 30 days later. It's tough when they have to do it in time to be enrolled for spring, assuming they want to get to their new team in time to be able to participate in spring workouts. Tough to pull the trigger & disrupt your current team's playoff preparation, but if you don't, you're stuck there until after spring semester.

Maximus Johnson going from aTm to the Tar Heels.

Hate the timing of the portal, with guys having to announce before the bowl games - and even worse for those whose teams make it, the playoffs. It will be even worse next year when the playoffs expand to 12 teams. Are there plans to move the date back any? Right now, I think it opens on 12/3 & closes 30 days later. It's tough when they have to do it in time to be enrolled for spring, assuming they want to get to their new team in time to be able to participate in spring workouts. Tough to pull the trigger & disrupt your current team's playoff preparation, but if you don't, you're stuck there until after spring semester.

I think they just give playoff team players like an extra week to go to another team.

Reactions: SeaPA
If rumors are true it sounds like ETN is saying he needs to be the featured back with 70% of the carries but we are telling him he will end up splitting carries at most top schools. If his brother talks him into leaving so be it (though of course I hope he stays) as he is a liability as a pass blocker which comes into the equation. I hope he is crazy enough to go to CO if he does leave.

If rumors are true it sounds like ETN is saying he needs to be the featured back with 70% of the carries but we are telling him he will end up splitting carries at most top schools. If his brother talks him into leaving so be it (though of course I hope he stays) as he is a liability as a pass blocker which comes into the equation. I hope he is crazy enough to go to CO if he does leave.
99% of rumors are just that, rumors.

He's an interesting case. I truly think he's one of the better pure runners in the country - runs tough, good moves, great speed when he hits the open field. But he seems to be a terrible pass blocker; if he could improve to the point of just being mediocre he's probably the best RB in the country.
I wouldn't put much into the brother thing; from what I remember, he made one joking tweet about him transferring to Colorado after week 1, when the Fighting Prime's got off to a great start & you guys struggled offensively against Utah. He clowns around a lot on twiXer & pretty quickly followed up with an indication that he was joking

Norman appears to be entering the portal also. I wonder if that is because Jackson is staying. He was ranked high but not sure how he has looked in practice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT