ADVERTISEMENT

Torian Gray back as DB Coach?

Well I will reserve any judgements till I see them play this coming year. The proof is in the pudding and if we prevent Froom from passing on us and beating us in 2019 like he did last year, then I will be won over. A resume never won anyone a football game before. Considering Froom lost his top 3 targets from 2018, this shouldn't be that big of a task for our secondary. They can have talented replacements all they want but they can't replace the game time experience they just lost.

Show me on the field he's an upgrade is all I'm saying. Still concerned more at DL than anything.

You need to see future results to judge 2 resumes of past achievements? That's a bit weird.

LMAO. Not that I did before, but I just can’t take you seriously.

I can’t see smart leaving to go back to be an asst at bama. If he were to get fired? Well, yeah... the only way I could maaayyybbbeee see this even being possible is a “head coach in waiting” situation, but when saban retires you have to think they’ll take a run at swinney first. So no, smart leaving to be DC at Alabama again isn’t likely

Too many people are worried that Gray isn't here for the "long term". Almost any good coach worth his salt is on the way out - if we get 2 years out of him we're playing with house money. The guy is a legit teacher and recruiter - hell - I'd take him knowing he's only here for a year. Especially if he can keep Elam on board, who will be here for 3 years.

gbo, use that link and read the story. Family moved to Gainesville in 2016. They stayed here when he took the Redskins job. I'm thinking that he's home now, and won't be leaving again anytime soon.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I can’t see smart leaving to go back to be an asst at bama. If he were to get fired? Well, yeah... the only way I could maaayyybbbeee see this even being possible is a “head coach in waiting” situation, but when saban retires you have to think they’ll take a run at swinney first. So no, smart leaving to be DC at Alabama again isn’t likely

I think Jimbo is a possibility as well. Remember, BEAR went to Bama from TAMU. Texas A&M is legit in Bammer fans eyes.

I think Jimbo is a possibility as well. Remember, BEAR went to Bama from TAMU. Texas A&M is legit in Bammer fans eyes.
That is true. Dabo has the better resume though, and I think he’s the better coach. He’s consistently improved that program and kept them at an elite level for awhile, and unlike jimbo their titles aren’t tainted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT