ADVERTISEMENT

Time to step up in the Southeastern Conference!

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Gators. Night away game are always tough in the S E C!. Will be fine… Right?

Kentucky. It’s time to come back to reality Kitty’s, Right?

Ole Miss. Is it hype or are they for real. A close loss would kinda be like our game with Alabama. We would not want to play them right now with our pass coverage not the best

Bama Many are calling for them to beat Bama outright. How have Nick’s assistants done against him? Exactly!

Georgia. A step up in competition for the pups. A big win or a dominating defense and watch out.

Arkansas. Is this their time finally?
Playing GREAT so far.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Just adding to the drivel....

FSUcks suffered a 31-23 loss to Louisville Saturday, dropping to 0-4 in its 2nd year under coach Mike Norvell.

Before hanging Norvell upside down on a cross, Gator's might want to remember a pretty good Gator HC's 1st season after taking over a cluster in 1979, he went 0-10-1 before turning the program around. Also, Pell didn't have a Communist Red Chinese Kung Flu scamdemic to deal with during his rebuild.

Ole Miss and Arkansas games are interesting. I am interested to see if Georgia can pass on them.

Ole Miss will probably need to win the turnover battle to have a chance. I just have a feeling Georgia wins by double digits.

Ole Miss. Is it hype or are they for real. A close loss would kinda be like our game with Alabama. We would not want to play them right now with our pass coverage not the best

Bama Many are calling for them to beat Bama outright. How have Nick’s assistants done against him? Exactly!

Georgia. A step up in competition for the pups. A big win or a dominating defense and watch out.

Playing GREAT so far.
Georgia beat USC 40-13, UK beat them 16-10. If we are actually at the UGa level, like we think we are, UK should pose no real threat.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Georgia beat USC 40-13, UK beat them 16-10. If we are actually at the UGa level, like we think we are, UK should pose no real threat.
I agree we should win handily but the only thing I would say on that SC game is KY was killing drives with turnovers etc. The parts I watched KY was running the ball pretty good on SC.

I agree we should win handily but the only thing I would say on that SC game is KY was killing drives with turnovers etc. The parts I watched KY was running the ball pretty good on SC.
A good test to see if our defense can ball hawk. 109th in TO margin, only taken one away this year. This needs to improve if we are going to get to elite status.

A good test to see if our defense can ball hawk. 109th in TO margin, only taken one away this year. This needs to improve if we are going to get to elite status.
One of my biggest concerns with the defense is we don’t create TOs. We haven’t in years.

Reactions: gatordad3

Playing GREAT so far.

Not overly impressed with Ole Miss.....at least not yet. They've played 3 cupcakes and beat a sub-par UL.

Bama will beat 'em by 30
Arky will beat them by 13.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
We (UK) are excited to be 4-0, but this fan doesn’t feel like we have all the pieces to compete with Florida. Doesn’t help that we are missing 6 from a frat party gone wrong.

Only chance to keep it close, is if the weather in Lexington is cold, fans are wild, and Florida doesn’t show up ready to play

We (UK) are excited to be 4-0, but this fan doesn’t feel like we have all the pieces to compete with Florida. Doesn’t help that we are missing 6 from a frat party gone wrong.

Only chance to keep it close, is if the weather in Lexington is cold, fans are wild, and Florida doesn’t show up ready to play
Any of the 6 starters or just depth?

So far I haven’t been very impressed with UK but they do play us close at times. I think it depends how much success they have running the ball as they do have 2 good RBs. Obviously they will be up for the game as they are 4-0 and ranked in the top 25.

Frat parties never go wrong. There are just those who were never invited to one as students and are jealous as adults and want to find fault.

As far as UK goes, I do think they are playing well this year and it's going to be a very tough night for us, but I do take solace in the fact that they coughed up the ball 4 times to SCaroliney. They are as bad or worse than we are with turnovers right now and that could be a major difference.

Gators have won 33 of last 34 but it doesn't feel like that at all. Kentucky generally has played us close, especially in Lexington. I expect another close one Saturday night.

Florida won't show up to play. I guarantee that.

I can also guarantee that Florida will fix that one issue at halftime and play their butts off in the 2nd half.

As far as UK goes, I do think they are playing well this year and it's going to be a very tough night for us, but I do take solace in the fact that they coughed up the ball 4 times to SCaroliney. They are as bad or worse than we are with turnovers right now and that could be a major difference.
Yes, our fumble-Itis has been a thing of legend. We outplayed scar, but scar could have beaten us with better coaching

UK will play hard and give us a good game, as usual, and then lose by 10+....
🤓

And oh BTW, that's just an iG W-a-G, not a firm prediction....
😉

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
One of my biggest concerns with the defense is we don’t create TOs. We haven’t in years.
Which is actually kinda weird for a high pressure scheme, since part of the reason for the pressure is to get opponents to make mistakes and turn the ball over.

Of course, we have lost at least two players from our starting secondary it seems like every single year of the Grantham era, so that might be a factor.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The 4-star OL (Watkins) was hit with a four game suspension before the season and is presumably available to play Sat night. The reason for the suspension was never made public but I assume it’s unrelated to the frat party incident.

Seeing the list of players you listed by position I believe there was a 3rd string OL caught up in this situation, but I don’t remember his name.
RJ Adams

Reactions: Kingseve1
UK has proven very effective in turning the ball over this year…, -9 in TO margin through four games. If we play a clean game with no TOs we may have a chance to win Saturday but three TOs like we had against the Gamecocks would kill us playing you guys.
Also ranked highly in RUN DEF. What do we do well?

So far we have warmed up as the game goes along, but I think the only game you could really call a slow start was Bama.
Well I referred to the fact we outscored Bama 20-10 in the 2nd half and outscored UT 28-0 in the 2nd half. Not so good in the 1st halves.

The turnovers is what makes this team so hard to read. Everyone got excited at the UL Monroe (even though they suck) just because our offense finally looked efficient and balanced for the first time in years. We were pummeling Mizz the entire first half and right before half time, our running back coughed it up on the goal line. I know you're not supposed to do "if's" in football. But if he had not fumbled and gotten the touchdown, it would have been a blow out. Mizz body language showed they were about to quit before that anyways.

Chattanooga played tough but we also played bad. Stoops for all the good things he has done here, his one consistent bad thing is we always play bad against FCS teams. It's a yearly thing. As soon as I saw the team take the field, I knew it was going to be a long day. They weren't motivated in the slightest.

S.Car was much like Mizz. Take away the 4 fumbles and it would have been a blow out. The fact we won in spite of that (3 times on our side of the field I believe) was pretty amazing in itself.

So to sum up, our offense could be really good if we get the turnovers under control. Our defense should get better now that we have some depth coming back to secondary, although that may take a few weeks.

Having said all that, I don't see a way UK can feasibly win this game. I can see as close as a 2 point game to 3 score win by Florida. It really just comes down to the turnover bug.

The turnovers is what makes this team so hard to read. Everyone got excited at the UL Monroe (even though they suck) just because our offense finally looked efficient and balanced for the first time in years. We were pummeling Mizz the entire first half and right before half time, our running back coughed it up on the goal line. I know you're not supposed to do "if's" in football. But if he had not fumbled and gotten the touchdown, it would have been a blow out. Mizz body language showed they were about to quit before that anyways.

Chattanooga played tough but we also played bad. Stoops for all the good things he has done here, his one consistent bad thing is we always play bad against FCS teams. It's a yearly thing. As soon as I saw the team take the field, I knew it was going to be a long day. They weren't motivated in the slightest.

S.Car was much like Mizz. Take away the 4 fumbles and it would have been a blow out. The fact we won in spite of that (3 times on our side of the field I believe) was pretty amazing in itself.

So to sum up, our offense could be really good if we get the turnovers under control. Our defense should get better now that we have some depth coming back to secondary, although that may take a few weeks.

Having said all that, I don't see a way UK can feasibly win this game. I can see as close as a 2 point game to 3 score win by Florida. It really just comes down to the turnover bug.
I would say minus all the turnovers this KY team is decent and on the level of that one that went 9-4 or whatever it was. This team is probably capable of more in the passing game but doesn't have the DE that gets to the QB so easy. This Gator team is better on offense than our teams then however so not sure how this will play out on the road.

Reactions: Kingseve1
I would say minus all the turnovers this KY team is decent and on the level of that one that went 9-4 or whatever it was. This team is probably capable of more in the passing game but doesn't have the DE that gets to the QB so easy. This Gator team is better on offense than our teams then however so not sure how this will play out on the road.
I would think that is a fair assessment. Josh Allen was the best defensive player we've had in my lifetime and it's not really close. But we don't even really have any threat to get pressure on the QB period. But part of the reason has been schematic. Stoops has elected to play soft in the secondary and keep everything in front of us. Largely due to the fact that the entire 2nd string secondary has had to set over the court case. And since those guys aren't in shape to come back this week, I expect more of the same.

I watched parts of the South Florida game and you guys look great. Strong everywhere. The only thing I really saw that wasn't great (but still solid) was QB and receiver. But they definitely weren't bad. Just not as flashy as in the past.

I'm hoping Florida is looking past this game to just get to a breathing point with Vanderbilt next week. You played Bama tough and beat down rival Tennessee before us; and then you go on a tough stretch with LSU and Georgia after Vandy. With UK wedged in the middle. I could see a possibility where your team might just be like I just wanna get this game over with and take it easy against Vanderbilt next week and then focus on 2nd half of the season.

Our 2018 UK team (10-3) is very similar to this years. Except, we don’t have the senior laden secondary, josh Allen, Lynn Bowden, and a healthy Terry Wilson, Who was the fastest guy on the field everywhere he played in 2018.

So, unless, Levis gets a lot better, and our missing DBs don’t give us a big boost, we are headed for 8-4. We are a few pieces short of a full house

Our 2018 UK team (10-3) is very similar to this years. Except, we don’t have the senior laden secondary, josh Allen, Lynn Bowden, and a healthy Terry Wilson, Who was the fastest guy on the field everywhere he played in 2018.

So, unless, Levis gets a lot better, and our missing DBs don’t give us a big boost, we are headed for 8-4. We are a few pieces short of a full house
How many of those DBs were actual starters?

How many of those DBs were actual starters?

All 3 are sophomores Or second year guys. Just Vito Tisdale is a starter. He’s a big hitter. Andru Phillips is second string, but is talented and would help the starting Corners. Joel Williams is supposed to be a big time talent from Louisiana and is also second string.

I would think that is a fair assessment. Josh Allen was the best defensive player we've had in my lifetime and it's not really close. But we don't even really have any threat to get pressure on the QB period. But part of the reason has been schematic. Stoops has elected to play soft in the secondary and keep everything in front of us. Largely due to the fact that the entire 2nd string secondary has had to set over the court case. And since those guys aren't in shape to come back this week, I expect more of the same.

I watched parts of the South Florida game and you guys look great. Strong everywhere. The only thing I really saw that wasn't great (but still solid) was QB and receiver. But they definitely weren't bad. Just not as flashy as in the past.

I'm hoping Florida is looking past this game to just get to a breathing point with Vanderbilt next week. You played Bama tough and beat down rival Tennessee before us; and then you go on a tough stretch with LSU and Georgia after Vandy. With UK wedged in the middle. I could see a possibility where your team might just be like I just wanna get this game over with and take it easy against Vanderbilt next week and then focus on 2nd half of the season.
We have an off week between LSU and Georgia, and basically an off week between Kentucky and LSU. So it's not all that bad. We're pretty healthy.

Stoops said that your suspended guys returned to practice on Monday, so they should be rested and now ready to go. No per-game whining allowed...😉

IF you believe that Dan's team won't be fired up and ready for the game in Lex, then you are delusional and/or dreaming.... 🙄

For what it's worth, you have an awesome username.

Reactions: NamelessOne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT