ADVERTISEMENT

Three Cheers for the ACC

I note you waited until now to protest. Punk.

Just a point. Not a protest. Just got back from working a week in NYC. Week before in PR with kids for spring break. I log on when convenient. My goal is not number of posts like some who come here.

MJ- "The roaches continue to show up." that was a classic Mary Jane, an absolute classic.

All time basketball Nationla Championships

UNC (7), Duke (5), NC State (2), Maryland (1). 15 total

Good for the ACC.

Yeah Man, that ACC is soooooo over rated...

National champs in Football and Basketball.

Now scurry along back to your little chant.

But the rest of the teams bombed?

This is interesting because fans from other conferences used to make the argument all the time that "It's just Bama winning all the titles how does that make the rest of you good?" Now despite the ACC getting handled in the tournament because UNC won it's all "ACC ACC ACC!" Y'all can never be consistent. Just goes to show the people who always yelled about conference pride being overrated only made that argument because their conferences sucked in any given year. Y'all were dying to bust out with some conference pride.

But the rest of the teams bombed?

This is interesting because fans from other conferences used to make the argument all the time that "It's just Bama winning all the titles how does that make the rest of you good?" Now despite the ACC getting handled in the tournament because UNC won it's all "ACC ACC ACC!" Y'all can never be consistent. Just goes to show the people who always yelled about conference pride being overrated only made that argument because their conferences sucked in any given year. Y'all were dying to bust out with some conference pride.
Oddly, enough, I was thinking of that exact example, ooze...Bama was the SEC last year.

Weird how the two conferences flip-flopped, dontcha think, though? The SEC, known for football, was really just Bama last year. The ACC, known for basketball, was really just UNC.

Oddly, enough, I was thinking of that exact example, ooze...Bama was the SEC last year.

Weird how the two conferences flip-flopped, dontcha think, though? The SEC, known for football, was really just Bama last year. The ACC, known for basketball, was really just UNC.

Yep. That's the nature of things...back and forth. I've always said though the ACC has the best chance to be the premier all sports conference if the teams in the league got their shit together. I just want consistency. If you care, care all the time. If you don't care, then don't care at any point.

I personally feel the conference pride is bullshit. Bama winning titles doesn't help UF in any way. They steal top recruits we're after, they get to hire better coaches, build better facilities, and increase their prestige. All that makes it harder for UF to win ultimately. Same with any other conference team...f*ck em all. That stance ain't ever changing. Ideally, those other teams would be just good enough to be relevant while UF won all the championships.

Yep. That's the nature of things...back and forth. I've always said though the ACC has the best chance to be the premier all sports conference if the teams in the league got their shit together. I just want consistency. If you care, care all the time. If you don't care, then don't care at any point.

I personally feel the conference pride is bullshit. Bama winning titles doesn't help UF in any way. They steal top recruits we're after, they get to hire better coaches, build better facilities, and increase their prestige. All that makes it harder for UF to win ultimately. Same with any other conference team...f*ck em all. That stance ain't ever changing. Ideally, those other teams would be just good enough to be relevant while UF won all the championships.

Except Georgia. They have to lose as many as possible.

Stats are for losers,,, so the two of you are certainly qualified to post them.... :rolleyes:

And right on time, a loser shows up...

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

You replied to someone replying to me.

So...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT