ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this Florida team moving onto 2024......

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Urban says he has "no desire." No desire my ass! I have a feeling Urban wants to take over this program Napier is sinking right now.
If there's one coach I want to see replace Napier, it's Meyer.

Florida lost another commitment from its once No. 3 ranked 2024 recruiting class on Wednesday as Dublin, Ga., DL Nasir Johnson flipped his pledge to the Georgia Bulldogs.

As a result, the Gators are left without a defined interior defensive line pledge following Michai Boireau's decommitment in September, although UF continues to pursue the Hampton (Ga.) Creekside nose tackle heavily down the stretch. Spencer is competing with Auburn, Georgia and Michigan for his services.

Five-star Mainland (Daytona Beach, Fla.) High product LJ McCray possesses the frame and ability to move inside if needed, but currently projects to operate at the F-end role in Austin Armstrong's defense. He, Clinton, N.C., defensive end Amaris Williams and Buchholz High School (Gainesville, Fla.) defensive end Kendall Jackson are the lone players standing along the defensive front.

It is currently unclear who the Gators will target to replace the attrition amid an underachieving 5-5 (3-4 SEC) year on the field.

Last edited:
Florida lost another commitment from its once No. 3 ranked 2024 recruiting class on Wednesday as Dublin, Ga., DL Nasir Johnson flipped his pledge to the Georgia Bulldogs.

As a result, the Gators are left without a defined interior defensive line pledge following Michai Boireau's decommitment in September, although UF continues to pursue the Hampton (Ga.) Creekside nose tackle heavily down the stretch. Spencer is competing with Auburn, Georgia and Michigan for his services.

Five-star Mainland (Daytona Beach, Fla.) High product LJ McCray possesses the frame and ability to move inside if needed, but currently projects to operate at the F-end role in Austin Armstrong's defense. He, Clinton, N.C., defensive end Amaris Williams and Buchholz High School (Gainesville, Fla.) defensive end Kendall Jackson are the lone players standing along the defensive front.

It is currently unclear who the Gators will target to replace the attrition amid an underachieving 5-5 (3-4 SEC) year on the field.

Not good. Napier's "process talk", army of recruiting staff and getting young men excited about coming to Florida are all great; but the on-the-field results show a coaching staff not getting the job done and a team falling apart. I absolutely hate it. This is not acceptable for THE University of Florida!!

Not good. Napier's "process talk", army of recruiting staff and getting young men excited about coming to Florida are all great; but the on-the-field results show a coaching staff not getting the job done and a team falling apart. I absolutely hate it. This is not acceptable for THE University of Florida!!

We need a Missouri or FSU win for sure.

I have always hated the argument that game results don’t impact recruiting, because as we are seeing they most certainly do.

I have always hated the argument that game results don’t impact recruiting, because as we are seeing they most certainly do.
If neither happens, this is where Ben Sasse needs to step in to get rid of both Napier and Stricklin, whether or not BN is owed $36 million. Oh and don't forget to kick Foley's ass out of campus as well. Foley is nothing but a jinx around UF.

Reactions: Gator Fever
If neither happens, this is where Ben Sasse needs to step in to get rid of both Napier and Stricklin, whether or not BN is owed $36 million. Oh and don't forget to kick Foley's ass out of campus as well. Foley is nothing but a jinx around UF.

Agree, agree and agree

Would be nice to see some fight from this coach and his team on Saturday. I wonder if we’ll see any. Why do I get the feeling he’s going to do something dumb early on and the team will pack it in and then he’ll talk in the press conference about how the deck was stacked against us.

He will still call those plays even with an OC. That’s like his philosophy or something.
In hoping the OC will be The Decider on game day, or there's really no point to having one.

My word, that Josh Pate quote makes me quite nervous, he doesn't go on record saying things like that unless he's heard the rumblings from the correct people.

In hoping the OC will be The Decider on game day, or there's really no point to having one.

My word, that Josh Pate quote makes me quite nervous, he doesn't go on record saying things like that unless he's heard the rumblings from the correct people.
How about 1 OL coach and add a special teams coach..that would at least be a start.

How about 1 OL coach and add a special teams coach..that would at least be a start.
I really don't think that CBN has an SEC caliber offensive mind.

I think if he follows the corporate model, acts as the CEO and head recruiter, gives his staff a clear idea of what he expects and then delegates the authority and assets to get it done, and stops giving his post game pressers with "Coachspeak for Dummies" open on the table he could be successful here.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
I really don't think that CBN has an SEC caliber offensive mind.

I think if he follows the corporate model, acts as the CEO and head recruiter, gives his staff a clear idea of what he expects and then delegates the authority and assets to get it done, and stops giving his post game pressers with "Coachspeak for Dummies" open on the table he could be successful here.
Offense has certainly improved, but I agree he should hand over play calling.

I know ppl are clamoring about getting an OC but offense isn't the major issue right now. He better fix the D.

Our offense hasn't been that good when needed mostly this season for the most part. LSU has had a terrible defense many games this season and Arkansas apparently decided to not play defense against us or Auburn the week after.. The first half of TN was them falling for shifts. We need Napier out of play calling to have a chance there or it will be more of the same in 2024 most likely. If the offense scores 30 + against Mizzu and FSU I might buy into Napier has finally figured something out there.

Reactions: emekz1
Urban says he has "no desire." No desire my ass! I have a feeling Urban wants to take over this program Napier is sinking right now.
If there's one coach I want to see replace Napier, it's Meyer.

Very interesting comments by Urban about his first year at Florida and the momentum of the program this year…

That dude clearly knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: gatordad3
Flash-Back time....

Now settle down guys, it's all just a 'slow process' right now.
Just give them another 2-3 years and they will have it all figured out and everything will be corrected.....

Besides, it's ALL entirely the fault of Dan aka 'Cousin Eddy' and the incompetent 3rd & Grantham.
Dan doesn't know offense, Grantham doesn't know defense, while none of the 10 on staff could recruit any quality players and get them signed on NSD....
Maybe it's time for another round of: What's-a-matter-you-boy gotta-no-respect.................... 😁

Flash-Back time....

Now settle down guys, it's all just a 'slow process' right now.
Just give them another 2-3 years and they will have it all figured out and everything will be corrected.....

Besides, it's ALL entirely the fault of Dan aka 'Cousin Eddy' and the incompetent 3rd & Grantham.
Dan doesn't know offense, Grantham doesn't know defense, while none of the 10 on staff could recruit any quality players and get them signed on NSD....
Maybe it's time for another round of: What's-a-matter-you-boy gotta-no-respect.................... 😁

4rjY8oB.jpg

Finebaum is on the SEC channel trying to destroy our recruiting class. Basically telling recruits they should jump ship if we lose to Mizzu and FSU.

Last edited:
Finebaum is on the SEC channel trying to destroy our recruiting class. Basically telling recruits they should jump ship if we lose to Mizzu and FSU.
Just imagine how Finebaum will feel if Urban Meyer returned to Gainesville to replace Napier. He's been a Gator hater long before Spurrier returned to coach at UF.

Well I think the people saying we have truly turned it around on offense look like they are correct. This is 31+ points in 5 of our last 6 games with the low scoring game only coming against one of the best defenses in the country. Curious what happens now with that because Napier is still terrible with game management but no in demand OC is coming here with Napier's hot seat. We might have to just hope Napier improves with that. Through the TN game you would have thought the defense was improved but starting with the KY game it has been terrible. Our DB bouncing off that simple tackle attempt on that Mizzu WR is the story of this defense now. I have never seen so many plays where defenders just seem content to jog beside a player running down the sideline without making a diving attempt to knock them out of bounds.

Moving forward we need more players like Graham Metz.
Brown credited Mertz with helping him not wilt in the moment.

"He's done a great job and been a great leader throughout the whole season,'' Brown said. "He's really helped me prepare for this moment

Last edited:
I know Brown has the internet love so I'm excited to see how he does with a full week of reps. You can see that he does some nice things - he's got good wheels and is pretty decisive in the run game. See how the arm goes this week.

Nothing would make me happier than for Insta to be right like he was with Trask - haha - or if he's wrong that'll be fun too :)

I know Brown has the internet love so I'm excited to see how he does with a full week of reps. You can see that he does some nice things - he's got good wheels and is pretty decisive in the run game. See how the arm goes this week.

Nothing would make me happier than for Insta to be right like he was with Trask - haha - or if he's wrong that'll be fun too :)
True, but before the season most people wanted to see Brown playing...I don't think anyone on here thought Mertz or Miller were the answer. I certainly didn't and was in the play Brown camp. But Instability was over the top insane with it and he will get amnesia and claim to be the only one who saw it....

From what I saw in the spring game, Max Brown actually has cannon for an arm. Just hope he doesn't go Terry Dean or Doug Johnson on us this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT