ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts on this Florida team......

Who? 😂
I wouldn't want him to leave without you at least knowing who he is....

TE/DE/LB Andrew Savaiinaea 6-3 270 rsFr

High School

Led high school to a perfect 15-0 record and 4A State Championship this year...

Tallied 18 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries and a pass breakup his senior year...

Caught 24 passes for 317 yards and 9 TD's in 2021...

Two-way player that saw action at DE/LB and TE this past season...

Ranked a top 10 player in the state of Washington according to 247Sports Composite...

Signed with Florida as a TE, over Oregon, Oregon St, Washington St, California, Virginia, Kentucky, UCLA and Nebraska, among others.

2022: Did not see game action in the 2022 6-7 loser season and redshirted.

2023: Made no appearance during the 2023 5-7 loser season.

With such a fantastic 2 years of cumulative coaching development, it looks like he finally woke up to the realities and opted outta here.... 😏

I wouldn't want him to leave without you at least knowing who he is....

TE/DE/LB Andrew Savaiinaea 6-3 270 rsFr

High School

Led high school to a perfect 15-0 record and 4A State Championship this year...

Tallied 18 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries and a pass breakup his senior year...

Caught 24 passes for 317 yards and 9 TD's in 2021...

Two-way player that saw action at DE/LB and TE this past season...

Ranked a top 10 player in the state of Washington according to 247Sports Composite...

Signed with Florida as a TE, over Oregon, Oregon St, Washington St, California, Virginia, Kentucky, UCLA and Nebraska, among others.

2022: Did not see game action in the 2022 6-7 loser season and redshirted.

2023: Made no appearance during the 2023 5-7 loser season.

With such a fantastic 2 years of cumulative coaching development, it looks like he finally woke up to the realities and opted outta here.... 😏
I hate to tell you but I'm not a Billy sunshine pumper. UF is stacked at tight end, and a 6 foot 3 tight end was a 3 star prospect out of H/S. Sometimes players just don't work out, and sometimes we never know why. I am upset about the rumors about ETN.

Max Brown can't be 100% written off on his only start where it seemed like after we went up 12-0 FSU literally had a defender running without being slowed down to the QB on most passing plays. I could be wrong but would be willing to review the plays if someone thinks another game was worse with that - a defender not hardly being slowed at all by our line and RBs. I still don't understand why Billy didn't roll him out on all those plays when it became clear that was the case. He should have had more run options also.

Having said that my gut feeling is Max Brown doesn't have any "it" factor and will not become a good quality SEC level QB. I know he might start 2024 as the backup but if he wants to play he might be better off going to a group of 5 school.
I wouldn't have hated a couple of screen passes either. But after the pass they would have had to block, so probably wouldn't have worked anyway. When did we hire Rick Trickett again?

DL Chris McClellan 6-3 320 So
Ranked the No. 2 recruit in the state of Oklahoma by 247Sports Composite Rankings... A four-star recruit by 247Sports Composite Rankings... Named the No. 17 defensive lineman and No. 100 prospect in the Class of 2022 by 247Sports Composite Rankings... Selected to the 2022 All-American Bowl Game... Listed in the ESPN 300 for the Class of 2022...
Signed with Florida over Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC, among others.

WR Caleb Douglas 6-3 200 So
Texas District 10-5A-1 Co-Offensive MVP
this past season... Caught 51 passes for 984 yards (19.3 Yds/Rec) and five touchdowns his senior season... Ranks fourth all-time in school history in receiving yards at 1,221 in just two seasons at WR... Named First-Team All-District his junior year...
(his HS Yds/Rec must have held him back, way too long for this system)
Signed with Florida over USC, LSU and Notre Dame, among others.
==========

But Billy's boyz have said, and they are 'In The Know,' so just take their (11-14) words for it. None of those guys that are going to leave, or have already left, were any good at playing football anyway... 😉

The recruiting class last year, just like the class this year, are touted as great recruits before they get HERE. Then when the system doesn't develop them into stars, it means that they were really crap recruits all along...

Now, tell me why a 50+ staff plus coaches can't do better evals so they/we don't end up with crap transferring out after an expensive 2 years on a ship???

But hey, Billy will have them at least playing for the SEC-C in season 3.
Just like Todd will at least be playing in the NCAA Elite-8 in season 2 with his guys..
Cause they ONLY hire Championship Quality Coaches here!

Now sing along wid-meeeee.... (to the row your boat round)
Roll, roll, roll a joint, and take a hit of wine,,,
tell the world to go to HE11, cause everything is fine.....

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if Wilson isn't a starter wherever he goes. Don't know what happened at UF, but he was a big time recruit who either didn't put in the work or wasn't as good as advertised. Time will tell.

He was too slow as a safety so the staff supposedly suggested he move to LB. That may have not sat well for him.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The Transfer Portal opens Dec 04, i.e. today.
We may need that little Dutch Boy to put his finger in the hole in the Dam....

It';s normal for some to bail out with a coaching change, but not after the new coaches 2nd season...
To Gator fans dismay, this ain't good.

Stop the outs, get some really solid ins, and hold on to and improve the incoming recruit class.
Do those things or they are in real trouble imo....

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida rsFr OL Jalen Farmer intends to enter the NCAA transfer portal after spending two seasons with the Gators, he announced on Monday.

Farmer is the 13th member of Florida's 2023 roster with known plans to transfer this offseason.

He joins DB Jadarrius Perkins, OT Jordan Herman, TE Jonathan Odom, K Adam Mihalek, DB Kamari Wilson, DL Will Norman, QB-dt Max Brown, WR Caleb Douglas, WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman, DL Keenan Landry, TE Andrew Savaiinaea and DL Chris McClellan as players to announce their intentions to enter the transfer portal.

Reactions: emekz1
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida rsFr OL Jalen Farmer intends to enter the NCAA transfer portal after spending two seasons with the Gators, he announced on Monday.

Farmer is the 13th member of Florida's 2023 roster with known plans to transfer this offseason.

He joins DB Jadarrius Perkins, OT Jordan Herman, TE Jonathan Odom, K Adam Mihalek, DB Kamari Wilson, DL Will Norman, QB-dt Max Brown, WR Caleb Douglas, WR Thai Chiaokhiao-Bowman, DL Keenan Landry, TE Andrew Savaiinaea and DL Chris McClellan as players to announce their intentions to enter the transfer portal.

No one on that list contributed to the team this year so Billy Ball Sack probably gave them the walking papers

No one on that list contributed to the team this year so Billy Ball Sack probably gave them the walking papers
Due to the solid coaching they've received, and then their usage in the games I'm guessing?
Because it's certainly not due to that 11-14 Coaching talents problem, right??? 🙄
Billy-sack just needs to bring in some solid 4-5 star transfer talent that someone else has already coached up for them, then everything will be hunky-dorey.... 😏

Attempted distraction away from what's happening here?

BTW, being a Gator fan, I don't GAS what happens at tOSU anyway, good or bad...
What's happening here is the same thing that's happening everywhere. So far no real damage to the Gators. We shall see how the next few days play out. Since you don't GAS I will continue to post just in case there are others interested.

What's happening here is the same thing that's happening everywhere. So far no real damage to the Gators. We shall see how the next few days play out. Since you don't GAS I will continue to post just in case there are others interested.
I think the biggest loss so far is Chris McClellan. He plays a position of need and was in the D-Line rotation. Played in every game and was a contributor with a lot of potential. Just because the guys leaving didn't contribute this year doesn't mean they aren't good players. Maybe they weren't being coached-up or developed properly. The portal is reality now and this is happening at every school and I think it's important to keep up with who's leaving and who's coming in. Keep it up, my man.

I think the biggest loss so far is Chris McClellan. He plays a position of need and was in the D-Line rotation. Played in every game and was a contributor with a lot of potential. Just because the guys leaving didn't contribute this year doesn't mean they aren't good players. Maybe they weren't being coached-up or developed properly. The portal is reality now and this is happening at every school and I think it's important to keep up with who's leaving and who's coming in. Keep it up, my man.
I would agree that he and Douglas are the two biggest hits. However, our Dline was soft and candidly almost as bad as the Oline. You are right, could be coaching or maybe they just weren't talented, who knows. Technically we could bring 21 starters back. Of those 21 there are probably only 12-15 that are critical, or in other words sec caliber. We kept Mertz which is important to have an experienced starter back who put up very solid numbers behind a patchwork line, I do hope we can keep ETN. He is a game changing type of running back

Probably just a reflection of today's college football landscape.
It’s a reflection of our society now. “Everything is easier/better somewhere else, somebody else has it better than me.” Nothing is ever good enough or worth fighting for. No commitment, no loyalty, no desire to fight through difficulty.

Rare exceptions, and those are normally the most successful ones.

Social media has created this.

It’s a reflection of our society now. “Everything is easier/better somewhere else, somebody else has it better than me.” Nothing is ever good enough or worth fighting for. No commitment, no loyalty, no desire to fight through difficulty.

Good point.

Don't know if true, but I read somewhere Ohio State has about 20 players hitting the portal. This is the new new. :oops:

Reactions: LordofallSocks
And it is also about teams having to “keep up with the Jones’.”

In today’s climate, if you are not updating your roster each year, you are falling behind.

Loyalty goes both ways, and teams are now also willing to sh!t can a hard working dedicated kid who might not be projected better than some perceived portal prize.

Ohio State likely feels forced to make aggressive moves because the fan base needs to see them upgrading.

sadgator is certain that there are a great many kids who have been told, “you need to hit the portal son, because we won’t have space for you next year.”

Reactions: LordofallSocks
And it is also about teams having to “keep up with the Jones’.”

In today’s climate, if you are not updating your roster each year, you are falling behind.

Loyalty goes both ways, and teams are now also willing to sh!t can a hard working dedicated kid who might not be projected better than some perceived portal prize.

Ohio State likely feels forced to make aggressive moves because the fan base needs to see them upgrading.

sadgator is certain that there are a great many kids who have been told, “you need to hit the portal son, because we won’t have space for you next year.”
The only problem I see with pOSU is their dumbass fans want to replace Ryan Day, who led them to three CFP appearances. If their wish is granted, Day would be welcome to Gainesville after they fire Napier. He also served as a grad assistant at UF in 2005.

The only problem I see with pOSU is their dumbass fans want to replace Ryan Day, who led them to three CFP appearances. If their wish is granted, Day would be welcome to Gainesville after they fire Napier. He also served as a grad assistant at UF in 2005.
I would probably take Day over CBN, but Day is living off the program Urb. built.

What's happening here is the same thing that's happening everywhere. So far no real damage to the Gators. We shall see how the next few days play out.
The AP 2nd Team All SEC EDGE Princely Umanmielen 6-5 255 Jr to transfer OUT....
He’ll strive to boost his stock in the eyes of professional scouts as he returns to the collegiate level for one more season in different threads, striving to slide into the first round with another year of experience under his belt.

The other Gator AP All SEC 2nd teamer, P Crawshaw will likely be staying, because if anything, his usage next season with the Napier/Mertz offense, will likely include a lot more chances to impress the NFL scouts.....

But like all of the others that have bailed out over the past 2 years, or are thinking about bailing out, he won't be missed...

And Oh BTW,,, The Gators Top Commit for 2024, 5-Star DB Xavier Filsaime, has now scheduled an official visit to Texas....

Florida Gators commit DB Xavier Filsaime will take an official visit to Texas Dec. 15-17, On3 Sports reported Tuesday. His stay in Austin, Texas, will end three days before Early National Signing Day on Wednesday, Dec. 20.

Last edited:
Unlike UF where the Gator fan's are all happy and the players are making great progress in their football careers..... 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT