ADVERTISEMENT

This, That, & More on a Sunday: March 19th, 2023

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
UFC 286 Takeaways:
In one of the most boring title fights I can remember, Leon Edwards, defeated Kamaru Usman – Covington Next for Edwards?

Fight of the Night no doubt goes to Justin Gaethje vs. Rafael Fiziev, who I believe is a stone-cold natural killer!! Wow, that guy is so dangerous! Gaethje was masterful in the 3rd and final round, with it 1-1 heading into the third.

It sounds like Gaethje and Poirier is up next.

TREA DAY:
Trea Turner is the hero Saturday night in the top of the 8th as he smashed a Grand Slam putting the USA up 9-7 on Venezuela to advance the USA into the Semi-Finals vs. Cuba (Sunday Night).

Back up the Money Truck:
I know UF fans remember this name – Laremy Tunsil becomes the highest-paid lineman in the NFL. Three-year $75 Million extension, including a $30 million signing bonus, and 50 is fully guaranteed.

No 1 Flop:
What are the chances we see a Final Four without a No 1 seed? Purdue and Kansas bounced. Alabama and Houston remain. Heading into Sunday – Four No 3 seeds, Xavier, Kansas State, Baylor, and Gonzaga, remain – I believe your champion comes from a No 3 seed—tough round of games today with Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Creighton, and TCU on the schedule.
How does your bracket look now? My final four are still alive with Alabama/Baylor and Houston/Xavier.

Anyone but Speith:
Valspar Championship from Palm Harbor (FL) Par 71, 7,340 – yards. Heading into the Sunday final round: Adam Schenk -8, Tommy Fleetwood -7, Jordan Speith -7, Taylor Moore -6, Cody Gribble -6, Webb Simpson -6, and then a couple of guys at -5. Keep an eye on Wimpson/Fleetwood battle down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News