ADVERTISEMENT

This seems pretty simple to me, it's time to hire Steve back...

steve in his own casket would be better than this embarrassment
I agree...this is bad path. If we beat SCe and Noles then REALLY this seaon will be as success IMO but I don't think that Coach Mac is going to take us where we want to me. Be looked like shit today. All of Muschamps defensive recruits saved it from being a LOT worse.

I agree...this is bad path. If we beat SCe and Noles then REALLY this seaon will be as success IMO but I don't think that Coach Mac is going to take us where we want to me. Be looked like shit today. All of Muschamps defensive recruits saved it from being a LOT worse.
Basically I mean the defense...I"m not typing very well right now.

Even at 71, he would be a badass offensive coordinator. I guarantee you there is enough QB talent on the bench for him to work some magic. He's already on the payroll.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
too bad Florida doesn't want to be good at football anymore, the world is a bad place and getting worse boys

Reactions: seffnergator
Even at his age...steve & IG would have known to pull Del Rio after the first pick.
Steve and iG wouldn't be afraid to play a freshman qb.

Fixed those posts for ya sad... :D

If we (they) beat SCe and Noles then REALLY this seaon will be as success IMO

And IF chit didn't stink, then it would smell good instead... o_O

PS

Bill is 79 and he's come back out of retirement twice to revive K-St's program.
Just like players can play, no matter their age-class, the same is true for HBC's.
They can either coach and make the right decisions, or they can't. o_O

But I'd say just let Steve be the OC/QB's. That way he doesn't have to put up with any of the HBC's required BS. Media-moron interviews, summer rubber hot-dog circuits, the now 24/7/365 recruiting trail, or all of the other BS that a HBC has to contend with now days. In that capacity, SOS could easily go another 5-10 years. It's just a matter IF he would want to or not, and that I'm clueless about. :cool:

Well if you want him back, I as a Carolina fan have no problem with it, just be prepared for him to not:recruit, call plays, give a darn about anything but golf, recruit, have good staff, or recruit. By all means though have at him.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
That's the only way this shit can stop
giphy.gif

Well if you want him back, I as a Carolina fan have no problem with it, just be prepared for him to not:recruit, call plays, give a darn about anything but golf, recruit, have good staff, or recruit. By all means though have at him.

Yeah, SOS was just terrible at SCa. That's why he's the only coach in lamecock history to win 11 games, much less 11 games in 3 consecutive seasons. And he's the only SCa coach since your lamecocks joined the SEC in 1992 to win the SECe-C for you. Good luck on your lamecocks ever getting any of those things done again,,,, EVER! o_O

So if you want to talk chit about our Heisman QB, our 7x SEC-C HBC, our mNC HBC, our HoF HBC, then go back to your own losers lamecock board to do so. o_O

Steve and Lou were like buying a boat. Best two days are the day you buy the and the day you sell them. That said, most of us "lamecocks" do appreciate what he did here. He just laid down the last two years , by his own admission. That is a fact. He would be a terrible coach for UF .

Reactions: GarnetHeart32
Yeah, SOS was just terrible at SCa. That's why he's the only coach in lamecock history to win 11 games, much less 11 games in 3 consecutive seasons. And he's the only SCa coach since your lamecocks joined the SEC in 1992 to win the SECe-C for you. Good luck on your lamecocks ever getting any of those things done again,,,, EVER! o_O

So if you want to talk chit about our Heisman QB, our 7x SEC-C HBC, our mNC HBC, our HoF HBC, then go back to your own losers lamecock board to do so. o_O

I completely agree with you that Spurrier was by FAR our most successful coach but I disagree that we will not have a coach that is more successful. He admits that he was "mailing it in" the last couple years but that doesn't change the fact of what he accomplished during his tenure.

I agree with another poster that he would be a hell of a OC/QB coach for you guys.

I just know the man would sit an underachiever QB on the bench. He doesn't care if you were previously putting up Heisman numbers. He doesn't care what you did last game less long last year. He cared about the last play.

Dude benched Terry Dean, Heisman National Champ NFLer winner Danny Wuerfferl, NFLers Doug Johnson/Jesse Palmer, Heisman Runner-up NFL Rex Grossman, and NFLer Brock Berlin. Some folded and left and others picked it up and performed better.

Our current coach is too sweet to our QB's.

I just know the man would sit an underachiever QB on the bench. He doesn't care if you were previously putting up Heisman numbers. He doesn't care what you did last game less long last year. He cared about the last play.

Dude benched Terry Dean, Heisman National Champ NFLer winner Danny Wuerfferl, NFLers Doug Johnson/Jesse Palmer, Heisman Runner-up NFL Rex Grossman, and NFLer Brock Berlin. Some folded and left and others picked it up and performed better.

Our current coach is too sweet to our QB's.
I don't know, Spurrier had a weird transition between Garcia and Shaw at QB. He did start Connor Shaw against ECU to start the season off but benched him a little too quick for things that wasn't his fault. Gamecock fans at the time quickly jumped on the bandwagon and were quick to say that Garcia was the quarterback we needed. (many will deny that statement now though).

There's too much of coaches having to massage players egos nowadays.

So SOS should have left the lamecocks 2 years sooner.
I'm fine with that statement, he was there longer than he should have been, and much longer than they ever deserved. And even when he finally did you twits a favor and bowed out, how was that received by those claiming that he'd mailed it in?

With some class, you should have just thanked him for everything that he did for your 'also-ran' program, both on and off the field and let it go at that... o_O

I agree with another poster that he would be a hell of a OC/QB coach for you guys.

Not another poster, that was me that suggested it, but I also said that I'm not sure that he'd even be interested in doing that much, (OC/QB's). But whatever, and even if he might consider it, I'm not sure that the present staff would want him to. That was nothing but random speculation on my part, not an advocacy.

That is a fact. He (SOS) would be a terrible coach for UF .

Thank you so much for all of your phootball nowledge.
What any lamecock knows about football is shown in your long history, and maybe in your current staff... :cool:

So SOS should have left the lamecocks 2 years sooner.
I'm fine with that statement, he was there longer than he should have been, and much longer than they ever deserved. And even when he finally did you twits a favor and bowed out, how was that received by those claiming that he'd mailed it in?

With some class, you should have just thanked him for everything that he did for your 'also-ran' program, both on and off the field and let it go at that... o_O

Not another poster, that was me that suggested it, but I also said that I'm not sure that he'd even be interested in doing that much, (OC/QB's). But whatever, and even if he might consider it, I'm not sure that the present staff would want him to. That was nothing but random speculation on my part, not an advocacy.
Now that's exactly what Florida has, AN ALSO RAN PROGRAM.

Now that's exactly what Florida has, AN ALSO RAN PROGRAM.

Hey Mama-folded, the lamecocks have a NEVER RAN PROGRAM, that was only able to trot for a short while, even with a Gator HoF HBC trying his best to lift them up out of total obscurity.

Steve and Lou were like buying a boat. Best two days are the day you buy the and the day you sell them. That said, most of us "lamecocks" do appreciate what he did here. He just laid down the last two years , by his own admission. That is a fact. He would be a terrible coach for UF .
Drinking early again are we. I hold no animosity towards Steve, however in his last year's he obviously didn't put the effort into winning that he did when building the program. My point is that he is done coaching he was done coaching after he led South Carolina to an independence bowl victory.

Drinking early again are we. I hold no animosity towards Steve, however in his last year's he obviously didn't put the effort into winning that he did when building the program. My point is that he is done coaching he was done coaching after he led South Carolina to an independence bowl victory.
Sorry I misquoted meant to reply to instagator

When? It's never happened before.
It starts happening right in front of you eyes this Saturday. You don't have a clue about what has been happening to Carolina Football since Ray Tanner hired WM. Some Gayturds seem to think the Florida football program are the anointed leaders of the East Division. You have had one really good season since Meyer bailed out on you. All you have this year are the left overs of the defense Mushchamp recruited.As it stands right now, even though 75% or our roster (not starters---total roster ) are frosh and sophs, with the youngest team in the SEC this season, we are as good as or probably better than Florida with Bentley starting and getting healthy a Samuel and Dowdle back from injury.
We lead the SEC in pass interceptions and are second only to LSU and Alabama in points allowed at 21 per game. With our guys being so young, it remains to be seen if they handle the pressure of the swamp. My guess is they will. If they do , Carolina will leave Gainesville with a big win making the East Champions anybody's guess.

Finebaum is already predicting picking us to win the East next year. When we read silly posts like the above we just chuckle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT