ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Deal: PLEASE READ

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
This is the Deal: PLEASE READ

I do not care what side of the fence you are on for ANY discussion. I do not care what your view is from either side, not at all. I could care less. What I do care about is the constant bickering and complaining. I do care about having to stop "working," so I can read a 9-page thread to see if someone called someone else a name or offended them.

This is a free board, so fans come here and join in the discussions. This is not the place if you are looking for civil discussions ABOUT THE GATORS! That would be on our premium message board, where you will NOT deal with this nonsense.

So, with that said, ANY name-calling and you are gone, plain and simple. You are adults. If you want to discuss the Pope, okay, God, even better, I don't care, but all this BS and the back-and-forth name-calling stuff is an automatic ban, not a timeout, so now we are all clear. If you get banned for crossing the line, do not email me. Just go about your day and take it somewhere else.

Again, IF you are looking for Civil Gator Talk, "The Swamp" is where you need to be. There are automatic bans all around, and I will get this free board cleaned up......if you have an issue with that, join each other on Facebook and have at it.

Why so much political discussion on a sports board. Does not make any sense to me?
This entire board (The Parking Lot) is 100% non sports....on my old site when covid hit it was next to impossible to keep the political talk off the board etc....so I created another board where all NON Sports topics could be discussed...when I came to Rivals they had sort of the same thing......and this is the free board so you get people from all over...as I said, IF you are looking for Sports Talk, UF sports talk "The Swamp" is where you need to be....

I like the idea of eliminating the personal insults. I'd suggest focusing on doing it but start out with short bans. Once people realize it will be enforced, they will adjust. I don't think we want to lose any posters long term.
This is a free board...and if they don't want to get banned then they will follow the rules...I have been nice for 18 months...that time is over...follow the rules or leave...I am not wasting time with non UF fans on a free board...no way.......No offense to any non UF fans by the way, the focus is the UF fans and premium members...

I am not wasting time with non UF fans on a free board...no way.......No offense to any non UF fans by the way, the focus is the UF fans and premium members...
Honest question cause I've never run a website like this so I don't know, but isn't one of your sources of income from this board ad revenue? I just checked and based on number of threads and comments, The Parking Lot is the 2nd most active board on the site. I'm sure ad revenue pales to subscription revenue, but it's still a sort of income, right?

As for banning insults, great move, anything that puts the focus back on the topic and off the poster will make everyone's life easier.

This is a free board...and if they don't want to get banned then they will follow the rules...I have been nice for 18 months...that time is over...follow the rules or leave...I am not wasting time with non UF fans on a free board...no way.......No offense to any non UF fans by the way, the focus is the UF fans and premium members...
Sounds like you're busy and don't really want to have to deal with the free boards. Why not get another mod or two and direct complainers to them?

Reactions: fsu939913
mad jeremy pruitt GIF

Honest question cause I've never run a website like this so I don't know, but isn't one of your sources of income from this board ad revenue? I just checked and based on number of threads and comments, The Parking Lot is the 2nd most active board on the site. I'm sure ad revenue pales to subscription revenue, but it's still a sort of income, right?

As for banning insults, great move, anything that puts the focus back on the topic and off the poster will make everyone's life easier.
sure it is, the overall site - small and I mean small % not enough for me to put up with any of the nonsense I have been putting up with I can promise you that but yes you are correct.

Is "Troll" a name or a description?
Folks do need to have thicker skin for sure, but when you post do not be a jerk and things will be fine....if you post to be a jerk you will not be around long. It is very simple stuff I am talking about....

@JasonHigdon - thanks for this pinned thread. A good reminder to everyone.

I wanted to take this opportunity to quiz you about an apparent change to Rivals programming for these discussion boards. It seems to be more of an issue on my phone, but we're getting these annoying "ads" for link to videos, articles, etc. at the top of every thread page. Also, it seems like the board is automatically refreshing itself every 5 minutes or so, and it's huge pain in the ass if it happens while you're typing a post.

This is an issue on the UK board as well; there's a lot of annoyed posters and no one ever there has provided any sort of explanation that I've seen. What's going on? Hopefully Rivals is addressing this issue.

Thanks

@JasonHigdon - thanks for this pinned thread. A good reminder to everyone.

I wanted to take this opportunity to quiz you about an apparent change to Rivals programming for these discussion boards. It seems to be more of an issue on my phone, but we're getting these annoying "ads" for link to videos, articles, etc. at the top of every thread page. Also, it seems like the board is automatically refreshing itself every 5 minutes or so, and it's huge pain in the ass if it happens while you're typing a post.

This is an issue on the UK board as well; there's a lot of annoyed posters and no one ever there has provided any sort of explanation that I've seen. What's going on? Hopefully Rivals is addressing this issue.

Thanks
this is the first time I have heard of this. I do know that on our premium board Rivals is running a FREE AD-LITE for all the members until October 14th I believe it is and they will then have the option to add that onto their sub if they want as well as other options....

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
this is the first time I have heard of this. I do know that on our premium board Rivals is running a FREE AD-LITE for all the members until October 14th I believe it is and they will then have the option to add that onto their sub if they want as well as other options....
I've noticed the same thing within the last few days. Assumed it was just a Rivals thing.

Jason, is rivals transitioning to another site I see where several writers have left to another site and gutted the staff on rivals. Florida is one of the few that has stayed intact. Thoughts?

Jason, is rivals transitioning to another site I see where several writers have left to another site and gutted the staff on rivals. Florida is one of the few that has stayed intact. Thoughts?
not sure what you mean. Writers from what site, where did they go? Which network? who where they? I only know about my site.

Sorry about your thread getting locked @BSC911 - I honestly am.

I didn't think a sports jab was going to be the catalyst for that, if that's indeed what it was.

I grew up in OK and Texas, went to school at OU and lived in Texas for over a decade before moving to NoVA...point is my teams are Sooners/Cowboys/Mavs/Rangers and Stars in that order. I wasn't just being an ahole for the sake of being an ahole. If some other team had won that series I wouldn't have said a word.

Apologies to @JasonHigdon for any disruption of your time on your revenue forum as well.

Sorry about your thread getting locked @BSC911 - I honestly am.

I didn't think a sports jab was going to be the catalyst for that, if that's indeed what it was.

I grew up in OK and Texas, went to school at OU and lived in Texas for over a decade before moving to NoVA...point is my teams are Sooners/Cowboys/Mavs/Rangers and Stars in that order. I wasn't just being an ahole for the sake of being an ahole. If some other team had won that series I wouldn't have said a word.

Apologies to @JasonHigdon for any disruption of your time on your revenue forum as well.
so why is an OU grad who now lives in Northern Vuhginnyah posting on a GAtor site

so why is an OU grad who now lives in Northern Vuhginnyah posting on a GAtor site
Boomer Sooner Baby!!

You wanna know why? It's because the OU site sucks. It's all liberal and anything conservative will be blasted and retaliation will get you banned. I got banned 3 times over there (only once here) the longest one because of my "wording" about "gays". It wasn't bad, but the liberal crowd took offense to my Christian stance on a "particular lifestyle."

Because a few years ago, when the old Scoop crew was running the SoonerScoop site, they were extremely biased against conservatives and let libs say nearly whatever they wanted. A lot of non-football posting in the offseason.

Someone, can't remember who, discovered the Parking Lot and DM'ed some of the more active posters.

Several posters here are originally from SoonerScoop.

Also because this forum isn't football-related, even if the site is. Don't we also have a Kentucky and a Bama fan posting often here?

Boomer Sooner Baby!!

You wanna know why? It's because the OU site sucks. It's all liberal and anything conservative will be blasted and retaliation will get you banned. I got banned 3 times over there (only once here).
Have you tried the new staff?

It's weird. Sort of a "devil you know" situation.

Reactions: RussellCasse
Have you tried the new staff?

It's weird. Sort of a "devil you know" situation.
Are you talking about On3? I don't go there much. I haven't updated to join anything Rival. I go and read free stuff only. Kinda not wanting to join.

Are you talking about On3? I don't go there much. I haven't updated to join anything Rival. I go and read free stuff only. Kinda not wanting to join.
No I mean the SoonerIllustrated crew that's now running Scoop.

It's not great. They try really hard and are good guys, it's just where Carey and crew were about a decade ago. You can tell they don't have the same polish, connections and saavy.

And some weird posters decided to stay behind, like Redzone and Sizmik. I figured those two would follow to On3 in a heartbeat.

I messed up and didn't cancel in time, in for another year. Rivals does refunds like a fat guy's wife puts out.

Reactions: RussellCasse
Rivals is weird. Navigating to this site is strange. I log into Rivals, and this site's board isn't there sometimes. At times doesn't even exist. Maybe I have the same login and screen name there as here? I have no idea. This might have occurred in the way way back machine years ago during a transition. I believe I've been here for 3 or 4 ownership changes, I never even read the Rivals boards.:rolleyes:

Because a few years ago, when the old Scoop crew was running the SoonerScoop site, they were extremely biased against conservatives and let libs say nearly whatever they wanted. A lot of non-football posting in the offseason.

Someone, can't remember who, discovered the Parking Lot and DM'ed some of the more active posters.

Several posters here are originally from SoonerScoop.

Also because this forum isn't football-related, even if the site is. Don't we also have a Kentucky and a Bama fan posting often here?
My Family (Dad side) is from Oklahoma. Dad was from Castle, graduated Okemah HS in 48.

Reactions: fatman76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT