ADVERTISEMENT

The TRUTH about today’s game

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
Our team played their hearts out. Hell when’s the last time you saw a team stop another 6 MOTHER F’in times in a row from the 1 yard line? We all know where our biggest weakness is and that is at QB. Franks had an AWFUL game. On the first series imagine if he hit that flea flicker pass instead of over throwing it? His interception in Georgia territory was just awful. He had a man wide open in the flat or that ball needs to be thrown where our WR can catch it. We were headed to points on that nice drive. Did anyone watch the F.S.U. game? Imagine if we had Kelly Lawrence instead of Franks? I like Franks but, he’s just not a top 10 kinda Quarterback. Again, going back to the Goal Line stand, we had to do it as it was due to ANOTHER Franks fumble.

Other things that were head scratchers. A knee pad above the knees penalty and a punt hitting a T.V. wire and replayed.

I think the program is in the right direction but we need to get a QB who is more accurate and makes better decisions.

No question, those plays were the difference in the game. I give him credit for improving over the offseason by putting the work in, but you just can't win big with him. If he keeps the same statline today minus the turnovers we win.

And yea...McWilliams. He's the worst DB I've ever seen in a UF uniform, it absolutely pisses me off watching him play. I've never seen a guy give a 10 yard cushion and somehow still get beat. That first TD he gave up was a pathetic effort, never even touched the WR and then jogged as the ball flew over his head. The fact Mullen has this team where it is is a great sign. Too many players on this roster who have no business in a UF uniform. I'm confident in saying we'll go into this game with the better coach every year. Fix the roster holes and we'll be fine.

Hellacious goalline stand, but then couldn't stop a nosebleed 3rd and long all game. Those are back breakers. If you're gonna blitz, you better get home, cuz we can't keep up in the secondary.

Hellacious goalline stand, but then couldn't stop a nosebleed 3rd and long all game. Those are back breakers. If you're gonna blitz, you better get home, cuz we can't keep up in the secondary.

That's the thing...we actually didn't blitz much. We rushed 4 and kept men back to protect McWilliams and Dean and they still got abused. Our secondary just ain't it. We need Henderson and Marco back and then bring in some immediate impact players at corner and safety. We have 3 players in the secondary who are up to typical UF quality, that's it.

That's the thing...we actually didn't blitz much. We rushed 4 and kept men back to protect McWilliams and Dean and they still got abused. Our secondary just ain't it. We need Henderson and Marco back and then bring in some immediate impact players at corner and safety. We have 3 players in the secondary who are up to typical UF quality, that's it.

Losing Henderson really hurt. What was the actual injury? I couldn't tell from the replay.

We didn’t have our starting safety Brad Stewart in the secondary yesterday either so we were really really thin in the defensive backfield.

Georgia fans are the worse. Given the recruits you have gotten you should be better. Alabama with Tua is going lay the Smackdown onbyou IF you beat the Cats next week.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Georgia fans are the worse. Given the recruits you have gotten you should be better. Alabama with Tua is going lay the Smackdown onbyou IF you beat the Cats next week.

I think Georgia is similar to our 07 team except they don't have a Tebow at QB. They are really young in some key spots. If they don't lose to KY they will probably get hammered by Bama but I expect them to be a contender again next season for the playoff with that roster.

Your goal line stand was remarkable... but Dawg fans know "3rd and Grantham" all too well.

And your fans are idiots. “3rd and Grantham” happened because we were down 3 starting DB’s including both corners. Y’all just picked on a guy at corner who should be at an FCS school. Good luck thinking y’all are ever winning anything significant with that conservative offense, Chaney is garbage.

Reactions: GatorNation79
LOL... okay.

Dude, take the homer glasses off.

Franks opens the game by overthrowing a wide-open WR for an easy TD.

Franks throws right to a Georgia DB.

Scarlett(?) fumbles in Georgia territory.

Franks fumbles on the 2. And the fact that Georgia's offense couldn't gain a yard in 7 tries is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Saban would have been TV gold if his offense had looked that weak.

Those mistakes alone are at minimum a 13 point swing for Georgia. Wipe out those mistakes and Georgia probably scores touchdowns in their first two drives and Kirby is back to coaching scared.

Congrats to the Dawgs, you got your licks in while you could.

Yep I am not making excuses we just lost. I thought we would play better in the 2nd half.

I'm not making excuses either, I'm just being honest about what happened. Florida lost the game. If they don't have their mistakes, they win.

Danielson made a comment early in the first half "Every play Dan Mullen has called has worked, and the Gators are down 10-0". He was right for once. Mullen was putting his players in a position to win, but they weren't executing.

Remove the mistakes and Florida is in control the entire game and wins easily. I have no dog in this hunt, I don't have to be a homer for Georgia, I don't have to be a debbie-downer on Florida to try to make my preseasons predictions of doom and gloom look better. I'm just being a realist about what happened on the field. Florida beat themselves.

Still counts as a loss for Florida.

Yes. This was not tragic. Three plays, the three turnovers were the biggest. This was a one possession game late, one possession with Gators having the ball. The three turnovers, part of football that they did well and we did not, so they deserved to win, mattered a lot. Clean it up.

6-2. Will be modest favorites in three remaining games, massive favorites in the fourth. Have nice wins over LSU and at Moo, bit surprising but as it stands, a close loss to what is the best KY team in 60 years (which says a lot about them), and a competitive turnover assisted loss to a top ten ball lickers.

And a Junior QB, second year at Florida coach and a lot more next year.

Predict 9-3, could be 7-5 but could be 10-2 which would be absurd a year after 4-7.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Dude, take the homer glasses off.

Franks opens the game by overthrowing a wide-open WR for an easy TD.

Franks throws right to a Georgia DB.

Scarlett(?) fumbles in Georgia territory.

Franks fumbles on the 2. And the fact that Georgia's offense couldn't gain a yard in 7 tries is one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Saban would have been TV gold if his offense had looked that weak.

Those mistakes alone are at minimum a 13 point swing for Georgia. Wipe out those mistakes and Georgia probably scores touchdowns in their first two drives and Kirby is back to coaching scared.

Congrats to the Dawgs, you got your licks in while you could.

Easily the most delusional fan base in college football. According to them UGA is the next Bama and Kirby is the next Saban yet they’re in a death struggle with a UF team that won 4 games last year and have been struggling all season to put together a complete game. The excuse is they’re ‘young’ despite the fact they start multiple juniors and have had 4 straight top 10 classes.

Why do you idiots even respond to other fans... They would shut the **** up if they were talking to themselves

Yes. This was not tragic. Three plays, the three turnovers were the biggest. This was a one possession game late, one possession with Gators having the ball. The three turnovers, part of football that they did well and we did not, so they deserved to win, mattered a lot. Clean it up.

6-2. Will be modest favorites in three remaining games, massive favorites in the fourth. Have nice wins over LSU and at Moo, bit surprising but as it stands, a close loss to what is the best KY team in 60 years (which says a lot about them), and a competitive turnover assisted loss to a top ten ball lickers.

And a Junior QB, second year at Florida coach and a lot more next year.

Predict 9-3, could be 7-5 but could be 10-2 which would be absurd a year after 4-7.

Forget about the season - go back to BEFORE the season started and most were saying 8 wins. I though 7 or 8...some 8 or 9. Anyone saying we'd be at this point would have a shot at 10 wins were looked at like they were insane.

This is a really good year - enjoy it! We'll have expectations next season.

Lmao in denial much? Like saying if we scored more than them we would have won.

Turnovers:

Georgia 0
Florida 3

The score at the end of the 3rd quarter was 23-14. 10 of Georgia's points came off turnovers AND the touchdown came off a Florida fumble that happened AFTER Franks overthrew a wide-open WR for a TD. So that was a 14-point swing right there.

Remove the mistakes by Florida, and the score is 21-13 Florida headed to the 4th quarter.

Florida made mistakes, Georgia did not. This isn't rocket surgery.

Turnovers:

Georgia 0
Florida 3

The score at the end of the 3rd quarter was 23-14. 10 of Georgia's points came off turnovers AND the touchdown came off a Florida fumble that happened AFTER Franks overthrew a wide-open WR for a TD. So that was a 14-point swing right there.

Remove the mistakes by Florida, and the score is 21-13 Florida headed to the 4th quarter.

I'm quite hopeful for the future because of this. Keep in mind - UGA has had 4 top 10 recruiting classes and barely missed a Natty last year. They should have beat us like a drum and we fought hard the entire game. Future looks good.

Reactions: sadgator
I'm quite hopeful for the future because of this. Keep in mind - UGA has had 4 top 10 recruiting classes and barely missed a Natty last year. They should have beat us like a drum and we fought hard the entire game. Future looks good.

That's because Kirby got outcoached by Mullen. Kirby coached scared there was going for a FG instead of punching it in and I have no idea why he had Fromm turn around and hand it off from the 1-foot line on 3rd down, it looked like Fromm could have fallen forward and scored.

Give Mullen another year to coach the players and the mistakes will disappear.

I'm not making excuses either, I'm just being honest about what happened. Florida lost the game. If they don't have their mistakes, they win.

Danielson made a comment early in the first half "Every play Dan Mullen has called has worked, and the Gators are down 10-0". He was right for once. Mullen was putting his players in a position to win, but they weren't executing.

Remove the mistakes and Florida is in control the entire game and wins easily. I have no dog in this hunt, I don't have to be a homer for Georgia, I don't have to be a debbie-downer on Florida to try to make my preseasons predictions of doom and gloom look better. I'm just being a realist about what happened on the field. Florida beat themselves.

Still counts as a loss for Florida.
You say you have no dog in this hunt but you've been kissing up to the Gators for months. Of course most Bama fans are more concerned about UGA than any other program not named Alabama (McElroy's words). I actually understand that we're not supposed to win big this year with losing Roquan Smith, Sony, Chubb, Wynn and some other big senior leadership from last year... but Kirby's brought in enough young talent that anything's possible. Most UGA fans never realistically picked 2018 as a big year. 2019 and 2020 are looking very promising for the Dawgs.
As far as yesterday, I think we had 10 points off of 3 Gator turnovers, and we were far from perfect yesterday. To argue your point of Florida winning easily, they had the lead 14-13 in the 3rd quarter with the 1 turnover that gave us 3 points after that. We won going away.

Our team played their hearts out. Hell when’s the last time you saw a team stop another 6 MOTHER F’in times in a row from the 1 yard line? We all know where our biggest weakness is and that is at QB. Franks had an AWFUL game. On the first series imagine if he hit that flea flicker pass instead of over throwing it? His interception in Georgia territory was just awful. He had a man wide open in the flat or that ball needs to be thrown where our WR can catch it. We were headed to points on that nice drive. Did anyone watch the F.S.U. game? Imagine if we had Kelly Lawrence instead of Franks? I like Franks but, he’s just not a top 10 kinda Quarterback. Again, going back to the Goal Line stand, we had to do it as it was due to ANOTHER Franks fumble.

Other things that were head scratchers. A knee pad above the knees penalty and a punt hitting a T.V. wire and replayed.

I think the program is in the right direction but we need to get a QB who is more accurate and makes better decisions.
Trevor btw

Georgia didn't turn the ball over and played a cleaner game than us. But to me the biggest difference between the 2 teams was at QB. Trade QB's and we win. I've been a realistic defense of Franks all season and have given him some of the credit for our wins. But yesterday showed that we are that position away from being a serious contender.

Georgia didn't turn the ball over and played a cleaner game than us. But to me the biggest difference between the 2 teams was at QB. Trade QB's and we win. I've been a realistic defense of Franks all season and have given him some of the credit for our wins. But yesterday showed that we are that position away from being a serious contender.
You have to keep in mind, it was game 8 for Franks under Mullen. He did some ok stuff. The fumble on the goal line was a tough call. If he doesn’t fall on top of a dude, he’da Been down. Shit happens. The worst was the overthrow on the opening play and the pick. Other than that, he wasn’t terrible.

Easily the most delusional fan base in college football. According to them UGA is the next Bama and Kirby is the next Saban yet they’re in a death struggle with a UF team that won 4 games last year and have been struggling all season to put together a complete game. The excuse is they’re ‘young’ despite the fact they start multiple juniors and have had 4 straight top 10 classes.
death struggle? Lol watching the game we never really felt threatened by the uf offense. Further more we expected to have big plays on 3rd and grantham. Florida is further from being back than most of you realize. Watch the game again before you call it a death struggle.

Turnovers:

Georgia 0
Florida 3

My point exactly. Its like saying if you hadnt lost two games you would be undefeated. It isnt rocket surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT