ADVERTISEMENT

The Swamp

djegators

Bull Gator
Dec 6, 2008
Would love to hear from folks that were at the stadium, but it seemed to me, that maybe "The Swamp" is back. For the fourth quarter at least it felt like the good old days when it really meant something to the outcome of the game to be the Gators at home in The Swamp. It hasn't felt that way in a long time, and I was wondering of those who were there felt the same way.

GO GATORS!

I was there and agree, it was most definitely back. Especially in that 4th quarter.

I was there and agree, it was most definitely back. Especially in that 4th quarter.

I wasn't there tonight but that was like 1986 or 87 when Auburn was kicking our azzes 17-0 in the 4th quarter and Kerwin Bell hobbled out an 18-17 win. I don't think we've had a game like that since until tonight at home. We played like crap and gutted that one out. Hat's off to the team and Mac.

Reactions: GatorGray
I was rather disgusted with just how many hillbillies were in our stands, and a whole section next to the students was basically empty at kickoff. Still too many empty seats in Touchdown Terrace and Bullgator row, but it definitely was a lot better than I've seen in these two sections for the past 2 years.

I expect next week to even have more people show up, especially after Vandy nearly threw the upset at Ole Piss tonight.

At least its fun when UT shows up in big numbers to go home sad....I enjoyed sitting in the visitor section for one of Peyton Manning;s visits :D

Heard a few posters on some other sites complaining about some of our fans leaving with 7 plus minutes to go in the game. I hope the students didn't pull that at least.

That was as loud as I've heard the swamp on TV in a while. Was pulling for Tennessee of course, but the gators showed a lot of heart. Tennessee definitely didn't deserve to win the way their coaches managed the 4th quarter. Good game.

Must feel good to finally do the out coaching.

Reactions: passoverGator
sadgator will say this...

When Hurd scored that TD everybody in that place knew we were dead. sadgator had never heard Rocky Top played and sung so loud and clear. It was literally like we were on the road. Tons of gator fans started leaving. Add to that that the top of the East Stands never did fill in completely, and it the life was totally sucked out of BHG. You couldn't even hear "Call me Al" because the UT band was so loud.

We all sat on pins and needles on that next drive...and when Grier hit BP for the TD and we knew we had a chance the old place ROARED back to life.

The next defensive series it was silly loud even given the empty seats. sadgator loved the $ downs by the way. Very funny and intense.

When Calloway scored...it was absolute pandemonium in sadgator's section. We we're just jumping and hugging and all kinds of shit was just flying around. An old dude got totally tackled and knocked over, but was helped up with a smile on his face.

What you probably couldn't see on TV, but what was real interesting, was that as UT was on their final drive, there was a massive line of storm clouds rolling in from the Northeast. sadgator was hoping it would start dumping buckets, but it did not. However, the wind was whippin' around in like all directions when the kick was attempted. No doubt in sadgator's mind that the wind played a part in that miss...which from our view looked perfect and in. When we realized it missed, our entire section went nuts. Strangers hugging in tears...

All in all, probably the best ending to a Swamp game sadgstor ever attended...and we chanted and sung loudly all the way out and home!!!!

When Hurd scored that TD everybody in that place knew we were dead. sadgator had never heard Rocky Top played and sung so loud and clear. It was literally like we were on the road. Tons of gator fans started leaving. Add to that that the top of the East Stands never did fill in completely, and it the life was totally sucked out of BHG. You couldn't even hear "Call me Al" because the UT band was so loud.

We all sat on pins and needles on that next drive...and when Grier hit BP for the TD and we knew we had a chance the old place ROARED back to life.

The next defensive series it was silly loud even given the empty seats. sadgator loved the $ downs by the way. Very funny and intense.

When Calloway scored...it was absolute pandemonium in sadgator's section. We we're just jumping and hugging and all kinds of shit was just flying around. An old dude got totally tackled and knocked over, but was helped up with a smile on his face.

What you probably couldn't see on TV, but what was real interesting, was that as UT was on their final drive, there was a massive line of storm clouds rolling in from the Northeast. sadgator was hoping it would start dumping buckets, but it did not. However, the wind was whippin' around in like all directions when the kick was attempted. No doubt in sadgator's mind that the wind played a part in that miss...which from our view looked perfect and in. When we realized it missed, our entire section went nuts. Strangers hugging in tears...

All in all, probably the best ending to a Swamp game sadgstor ever attended...and we chanted and sung loudly all the way out and home!!!!

When you watch that kick on TV, it looked like it was going in, but you see at the last minute the flag flapping to the right, and the kick barely missing right. It was a God sent wind! What I game. I was so weirdly calm, and my husband disgusted left when they were 2 TDs up, and I called him back with 2 mins left telling him we were going to score and win this. It was amazing to watch.

Go Gators!

I stayed to the end and it was loud even though a lot of people around us left after UT went up 27-14. I turned to my wife and said these people are going to be very upset when we win 28-27. She told me to shut up that it was never going to happen!! Everyone was high fiving all the way out of the stadium and back to our tailgate. Great atmosphere and sets up a wild night game next week. That said very disappointed with whatever block of students that was at the top of the east stands that did not show up. Glaring section of empty seats there. Other than a few empties in Champions Club the rest of the stadium was pretty full. I expect next week it will be packed.

Reactions: VUBob
It was a God sent wind!

Go Gators!

Yup. :)

2zqhdv6.jpg

God was smiling on the Gators

Not as consistently loud as 97 vs FSU...but our last TD to take the lead was as loud as I've ever heard it.

It was kinda funny, here in Tennessee (Nashville area) once the refs waved no good on the kick, the skies just opened up and it started pouring! I told my friend it was the tears of all the Tennessee fans

I was in Hendersonville during this game. You are absolutely correct. I LMAO

First home game in years that I am sad I missed. I went to the first 2 games this season, and I am going next week.

This was a VERY significant win and something that NEVER would have happened under Muschamp.

That's freaking great...I fell to the ground in my living room floor...it was certainly an awesome moment. All the way from NV I could feel Gator Nation going nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT