ADVERTISEMENT

The lawsuits are beginning!!!!!!!!!!

DCandtheUTBand

Gator Great
Sep 5, 2001
Listening to the regular guest suit here on local talk, he said there are a bunch in the pipeline as mayors and the governor (R) overstepped their legal authority. He says there is precedent . He also said that quarantine and emergency have specific definitions here in TN and neither were legally invoked. Also the using models to determine policy came under fire. When the legislature comes back into session hopefully they address these issues and fix them in case there is a second wave. TN has 19K cases 315 deaths and 12k recovered as of today.

Points brought up.
Governor and mayors can not shut down businesses.
Emergencies as legally defined are declared after some disaster not to prevent possible problems
Quarantines orders are to be restricted to the sick only.
Unproven models predictions do not fit the legal definition of emergency.

I hope one thing we do learn from this is to NEVER again use a model for any kind of policy.. The GW models have been shown to be highly inaccurate time after time. The whole world shutdown over a model put out by one man who was known for putting out sensational doomsday predictions in the past.

If the businesses that were bankrupted by this are successful (and so far judges are leaning towards finding for them) governments will have to make them financially whole. Many legislatures will see what has happened and hopefully begin to reel in executives by requiring legislative input going forward. This wont help places like KaliFornication or other deep blue states but the rest of the country may be spared another shutdown if and when this thing returns in the fall.

Yes I take it serious. I wear a mask, space myself 6 feet apart, sanitize my hands frequently and wash my hands often. But if people can shop at Walmart while following increased hygiene they can do almost any other activity including voting in person and returning to most jobs.

My personal favorite is seeing people driving in their cars by themselves and yet still wearing a mask. I probably see this once or twice a day.
Please tell me you also saw a dumbass wearing a hoodie on his/her head along with the mask. With the AC on full blast. Can't forget to add the hat under the hoodie.
I see it all the time. Pretty much in a beat up Buick, a beat up Ford Focus, a beat up Chevy Malibu, along with those smaller cars with a 4 cylinder engine with a huge tailpipe to make it sound louder. If there are any bumper stickers, I only see an Obama/Biden sticker on their rear bumper.
Dumbasses

Last edited:
Reactions: nail1988
Even better, they do as you mentioned but when they get out they wear the mask on their chin like it is a beard cover or something.

Was out and about yesterday, braved the 'instant death' coronavirus, and am just fine. Saw far fewer people wearing masks, which is a very good sign that people are moving on from the hoax.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Was out and about yesterday, braved the 'instant death' coronavirus, and am just fine. Saw far fewer people wearing masks, which is a very good sign that people are moving on from the hoax.
Over the past few weeks in the Memphis area I see a good handful wearing masks and such. For the holiday I'm home in God's Country (Florida Panhandle Jackson/Calhoun County) and very few far in between.

As much as I love the city of Memphis I also shake my head at it citizens several times a day. When this stuff first started around here back in March. Everyone was staying stay safe, stay home, etc. They were like F Trump and gathering in large groups anywhere they could. Now that the economy is opening they are like F Trump...he doesn't care about my safety....I'm not going to work.

Over the past few weeks in the Memphis area I see a good handful wearing masks and such. For the holiday I'm home in God's Country (Florida Panhandle Jackson/Calhoun County) and very few far in between.

As much as I love the city of Memphis I also shake my head at it citizens several times a day. When this stuff first started around here back in March. Everyone was staying stay safe, stay home, etc. They were like F Trump and gathering in large groups anywhere they could. Now that the economy is opening they are like F Trump...he doesn't care about my safety....I'm not going to work.

This is why I find it laughable that dems are claiming Trump is only pushing using HCQ because they think he will somehow 'profit' from doing so. If Trump wanted to profit off HCQ, all he has to do is come out and say it is a dangerous drug and don't take it...Dems would immediately start taking fistfuls of it.

The more that President Trump promotes HCQ, the fewer Dim-Moe-Rats will use it. :eek:

Jus-damn, sounds like a genius plan to me, so I hope he keeps it up indefinitely... :D

The top tier Rats will use HCQ anyway to save themselves if they become infected with Co-V, they just won't admit it. :cool:

And just like always, they are willing to let their own clueless brain-dead podlings suffer and die over their own publicly stated policies. o_O

While my VA Hospital has a good stock of HCQ on hand, and they have clearly stated that they will use it to fight off the Co-V, so thanks again to the C-n-C. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT