ADVERTISEMENT

TennesseeGator

FearfulElectricAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
fulmer gonna make 2 calls tomorrow morning, first is to porkchop telling him he's doing great, hold the rope. Then he will hang up and call Cheatersee's Chancellor and tell her "That boy's in over his head, I say we can him now, and take our time and find the right guy to replace him with. I volunteer to coach the team till I find someone better"

Just a matter of time until Fat Phil throws Conehead under the bus so Fat Phil can coach the team. Dumpster fire program

I have to say, Pruitt is doing better than I thought he would. If he can stay long enough to run off the slackers and if fulmer will leave him alone, they could be competitive in a couple of years.

But I agree with you and doubt fulmer will let that happen.

I would imagine that they are used to this feeling by now. The average freshman at Tennessee probably has no memory of a time when they were good.

To them, tales of an era when Tennessee was a great power will be like legends of dragons and giants roaming the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros during the time of the First Men, told by nannies to scold and frighten misbehaving children.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilWayz
I really wish you guys would stop calling him Conehead.

The nickname he's had since high school is way better.

Pork Chop.

sadgator honestly hadn’t watched a lot of Alabama until today. That was insane. It is amazing how good they are. Not sure sadgator has ever seen anything like it. They really ARE the Death Star.

We did not have our best game offensively. Tua has been gimpy the last 2-3 weeks and its slowing the offense a bit. Watch the LSU game in 2 weeks. He should be better plus I suspect there will be some special packages with him and Jalen on the field at the same time.

I'm so glad Bama kicked their tooth back to reality. Last weekend they beat an average Auburn team and all the talk was how they have turned the corner and they were back. Volheimers kicked in a month early.

I can't stand that lard ass hillbilly baffoon Phat Phil but I'm honestly glad he is in charge. In the 90's he sprung a Woody wanting to compete against Bama...all while neglecting how to beat Florida. He had teams set up to beat Bama and it cost him many chances vs UF. It wasn't until 1998 he finally did so. He even choked against Ron Zook his first year and had to use an idiot ref call to best Zook his final season. Urban stomped mudholes in him every year he was here because he didn't recruit to stop the new spread offenses coming about. He always wanted a "hard nosed" team and got a bunch of flunkies.

Move forward to 2017 and the one AD was trying to lure Mike Leech. A guy with a history of putting up offensive stats. All Mike Leech needs is the resources to hire a quality DC and someone to evaluate and recruit good players to the defense side of the ball. Phat instead butts in and nixes ths hiring of Leech and pops a woody for Bama once again all while ignoring what Florida and now UGA are doing. He thought Bama would trend down by losing an assistant. While all along not every Saban assistant isn't successful. The coach he brought in runs a freaking Pro Set offense while the majority of everyone spreads the ball out. It didn't hurt Bama one bit and he was no match for Florida nor UGA. UT currently does not possess the recruiting capability they did in the 90's. They won't pull in kids from Georgia, Bama, Ohio, and Cali like they once did.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I'm so glad Bama kicked their tooth back to reality. Last weekend they beat an average Auburn team and all the talk was how they have turned the corner and they were back. Volheimers kicked in a month early.

I can't stand that lard ass hillbilly baffoon Phat Phil but I'm honestly glad he is in charge. In the 90's he sprung a Woody wanting to compete against Bama...all while neglecting how to beat Florida. He had teams set up to beat Bama and it cost him many chances vs UF. It wasn't until 1998 he finally did so. He even choked against Ron Zook his first year and had to use an idiot ref call to best Zook his final season. Urban stomped mudholes in him every year he was here because he didn't recruit to stop the new spread offenses coming about. He always wanted a "hard nosed" team and got a bunch of flunkies.

Move forward to 2017 and the one AD was trying to lure Mike Leech. A guy with a history of putting up offensive stats. All Mike Leech needs is the resources to hire a quality DC and someone to evaluate and recruit good players to the defense side of the ball. Phat instead butts in and nixes ths hiring of Leech and pops a woody for Bama once again all while ignoring what Florida and now UGA are doing. He thought Bama would trend down by losing an assistant. While all along not every Saban assistant isn't successful. The coach he brought in runs a freaking Pro Set offense while the majority of everyone spreads the ball out. It didn't hurt Bama one bit and he was no match for Florida nor UGA. UT currently does not possess the recruiting capability they did in the 90's. They won't pull in kids from Georgia, Bama, Ohio, and Cali like they once did.

I really wish they would have hired Leach, he would have been a gem at Media Days. We have an entertainment void since the grass-eater got canned.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Tennessee is a program much like Nebraska, they have a lot of history, but none of it is relevant enough to impress the kids today. Twenty years is a long time ago for 16 and 17 year old kids, Tee Martin is not a name most of them would even know.

As more and more years go by, they will find it even more challenging to keep up with the Georgia's or Florida's of the SEC East. For those two it is just much easier to recruit when your home State is littered with blue chippers.

I have said it before, if Florida could own this State again it won't be long before we are at the top of the mountain. We have a real coach again.No State can touch Florida, we just need to keep the talent. It would also help if Florida State and Miami would drop into oblivion.

Tennessee is a program much like Nebraska, they have a lot of history, but none of it is relevant enough to impress the kids today. Twenty years is a long time ago for 16 and 17 year old kids, Tee Martin is not a name most of them would even know.

As more and more years go by, they will find it even more challenging to keep up with the Georgia's or Florida's of the SEC East. For those two it is just much easier to recruit when your home State is littered with blue chippers.

I have said it before, if Florida could own this State again it won't be long before we are at the top of the mountain. We have a real coach again.No State can touch Florida, we just need to keep the talent. It would also help if Florida State and Miami would drop into oblivion.
For some of the reasons you stated above I’ve made many comments on how I don’t think Tennessee will ever get back to being the program it was in the 90s. They may have a good year here and there sure but I don’t see them ever being that consistently good.

The Mad-Dog-dollie has been seen gazing off into the distance, while standing on a cliff... :D

The Mad-Dog-dollie has been seen gazing off into the distance, while standing on a cliff... :D
I like ol Mad-Doggie but you remember that one time he talked for months about how UT would beat UF. They had more talent. Better coaching. Bunch of other junk. Their WR's would exploit VH3...then 4th and 12 happened...MD suddenly had a bad foot and disappeared for 3 weeks?

Probably kicked the TV because of that play. Why his foot got hurt.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Choke-la-homo was going to be NC with their Heisman pretender QB vs a 'Glorified FB.
But then UF 24 - 14 Chokers happened...

Choke-la-homo was going to play for and win the 2018 NC, great QB, RB, etc...
But then Tx 48 - 45 Chokers happened...

Chokers have got that 'catfish disease',,, all mouth, no azz....(or defense in the has-been big12/10)

That's very true.

The last two years I employed a kid who was 20-21 and a massive sports fan.

Got into a conversation about the SEC in the 90s and how Peyton Manning was hands down the best QB. When I told him that Danny Wuerffel had 4 SEC Titles, a Heisman and national championship, while Peyton only had one SEC Title and no championships and no Heisman. he argued with me for 30 minutes.

"Well if he didn't beat FSU then who did?"

"That would be Tee Martin."

"Who?"

"Exactly."

Needless to say, he stopped telling me how great Manning was.

That's very true.

Got into a conversation about the SEC in the 90s and how Peyton Manning was hands down the best QB. When I told him that Danny Wuerffel had 4 SEC Titles, a Heisman and national championship, while Peyton only had one SEC Title and no championships and no Heisman. he argued with me for 30 minutes.

"Who?"

"Exactly."

Love arguing with the viles about who should have won the Heisman in 1997. They all claim Manning was robbed.

I tell them to look at the last 4-5 games they both played that season. IIRC Manning went Playstation on Vandy, but was pretty pedestrian in the other games.

Meanwhile, Woodson was scoring TDs as a punt returner, a kick returner, a DB, a WR, a QB. And he was doing it in huge games like against Ohio State.

Manning shit the bed and at the same time, Woodson started playing lights out. There was no conspiracy, Manning just tanked at the same time that Woodson turned it on.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Love arguing with the viles about who should have won the Heisman in 1997. They all claim Manning was robbed.

I tell them to look at the last 4-5 games they both played that season. IIRC Manning went Playstation on Vandy, but was pretty pedestrian in the other games.

Meanwhile, Woodson was scoring TDs as a punt returner, a kick returner, a DB, a WR, a QB. And he was doing it in huge games like against Ohio State.

Manning shit the bed and at the same time, Woodson started playing lights out. There was no conspiracy, Manning just tanked at the same time that Woodson turned it on.

Manning was an all-time great NFL quarterback, people forget that he struggled to win big games early in his career though.

There is that famous quote at the pro bowl in '02 ,where he referenced throwing passes to Jerry Rice, but instead of talking about that he was being asked about his "idiot kicker" who called him out after struggling in a blowout loss to the Jets in the wildcard round.

He really struggled in big games against Florida, he struggled in his last game against the co national champion CornHuskers in the Orange Bowl.

That's very true.

"Who?"

"Exactly."

I think Tee Martin is coaching high school ball now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT