ADVERTISEMENT

Tammy Bruce's open letter to the Kennedy family

Great thread.
1) Return to Whole Foods. DO NOT eat processed food. EVER. There is no such thing as a cheat day. If you don’t think you can move away from all processed food, at least stay away from refined processed sugars and processed grains.

2) grow your own fruit and veggies. Stop eating plant products that have been soaked in chemical fertilizers and pesticides.

3) exercise vigorously for 45 minutes per day at least 4 times per week. I like to get that 5 and 6 th day in, but life can be busy. You have got to have functional resistance training as part of your routine. Don’t just go for a leisurely walk at the local hiking trail. Demand more from you body.

If we could do these things for 18 months as a nation we would be the the most power and feared nation in the world again. The body can get back on track that fast. Let’s get it together ladies.

The reality is you can’t out exercise a bad diet. At one point in time, it was possible for a little while for young, active people, but those days are gone.
We are finding this out in the fleet Marine force now. Used to be you could drink beer and eat at the post Burger King three meals a day and two hours of daily PT would handle that.

Reactions: armbar73
Great thread.
1) Return to Whole Foods. DO NOT eat processed food. EVER. There is no such thing as a cheat day. If you don’t think you can move away from all processed food, at least stay away from refined processed sugars and processed grains.

2) grow your own fruit and veggies. Stop eating plant products that have been soaked in chemical fertilizers and pesticides.

3) exercise vigorously for 45 minutes per day at least 4 times per week. I like to get that 5 and 6 th day in, but life can be busy. You have got to have functional resistance training as part of your routine. Don’t just go for a leisurely walk at the local hiking trail. Demand more from you body.

If we could do these things for 18 months as a nation we would be the the most power and feared nation in the world again. The body can get back on track that fast. Let’s get it together ladies.
Good thoughts, but most people won't be able to grow there own food for a variety of reasons.

This, combined with the stupid food pyramid, that was based on very little science, and the demonization of good fats. Sugar is literally wrecking the health of the US population.

The reality is you can’t out exercise a bad diet. At one point in time, it was possible for a little while for young, active people, but those days are gone.
I heard that! I used to eat the hinges off the kitchen door and never gain weight (well fat). But I was active and went to the gym and barely slept 4 hours a night (par-TAY). 😂 I still don't eat sweets often, not really a sugar guy. I drink diet sodas and use artificial sweetener in the gallons of ice tea I drink. I suspect vodka is the main culprit for me now having a gut.

Good thoughts, but most people won't be able to grow their own food for a variety of reasons.
Weird. It hasn’t been that long since basically EVERYONE grew their own food. What I think you mean is that people are unwilling to make the lifestyle changes needed to restore their health. Misaligned priorities. Ensnared by a culture of consumerism and materialism. Modern American culture is pathetic.

I have been Keto mixed with occasional carnivore and intermittent fasting since March 2023.

A1c went from 11 to 5.1 as of April this year.

I lost 40 lbs. I do NOT do any "vigorous" exercise. I walk and do Tai Chi.

All bloodwork came back as excellent to normal.

Vegan is one of the most unhealthy diets out there and you can not get all of your nutrients with a vegetarian diet.

Surprisingly a carnivore diet has everything your body needs.

I have been Keto mixed with occasional carnivore and intermittent fasting since March 2023.

A1c went from 11 to 5.1 as of April this year.

I lost 40 lbs. I do NOT do any "vigorous" exercise. I walk and do Tai Chi.

All bloodwork came back as excellent to normal.

Vegan is one of the most unhealthy diets out there and you can not get all of your nutrients with a vegetarian diet.

Surprisingly a carnivore diet has everything your body needs.

The reason I think vigorous resistance exercise is important is that muscle mass has been strongly connected to longevity and quality of life in later years. People who don’t do this but have the other good habits become frail

Reactions: NavigatorII
The reason I think vigorous resistance exercise is important is that muscle mass has been strongly connected to longevity and quality of life in later years. People who don’t do this but have the other good habits become frail
This is great advice. There are recent studies showing a strong correlation in leg, and grip, strength to longevity and a decrease in all cause mortality.

As an adult, I was an Ironman triathlete for a long time. I was lean and fit but lost my previous wrestler life mass and strength. In some ways, I was soft. I still race endurance mountain bikes but do a lot more strength training. Feel better on the daily and it made me stronger on the bike

Reactions: jsfgators
I am not frail and my muscle tone has greatly increased as well as my strength. I have good vein structure again.

Sadly, my statin drugs, per my Pharmacist, have messed up my tendons. Vigorous exercise is not in the cards right now as I would risk more damage to my tendons. I have had some PT after my ankle injury. Just so you know were I am coming from vigorous = exercise that leads to heavy breathing.

I have injured an elbow, two knees and an ankle since January.

I was leg pressing 425 last winter @ 150lbs! I was doing "core" at 100lbs. My heart rate gets over 150. I don't consider that vigorous although it is resistance. In other words I avoid getting out of breath! I don't even get winded with the elevated heart rate. Running and swimming over 200 yards with a front stroke gets me out of breath.

I had temporarily quit the satins due to muscle pain and decreased strength and stamina. Guess when I started back. Late December. The pain came back within a week and a minor tweek to my ankle resulted in a tendon strain and tendonitis. I ended up in a boot and had to go to PT.

I quit the statins again but I have had repetitive tendon issues ever since. Pharmacist says my version of statin is one of the worst for muscle/tendon issues. Even though I stopped in Feb and its out of my system there may be residual problems for a while. His recommendation! Fish Oil and a few other supplements. LOL.

This is great advice. There are recent studies showing a strong correlation in leg, and grip, strength to longevity and a decrease in all cause mortality.

As an adult, I was an Ironman triathlete for a long time. I was lean and fit but lost my previous wrestler life mass and strength. In some ways, I was soft. I still race endurance mountain bikes but do a lot more strength training. Feel better on the daily and it made me stronger on the bike
I do what I would consider a heavy duty calestenic ( not a good speller ) routine in a HIIT format. A lot of push-ups , variations of body weight squats, various jumping motions…. Very fast paced, really driving the heart rate up. Usually something like 3.30 min on and the a 30 second break. I rotate in and out of this every 10 weeks or so with a traditional weight lifting routine. Bench press, shoulder press, heavy squats and dead lifts etc. One thing I have added, and is slowly eating away at the traditional weight lifting is kettle bells. Men should use heavier kettle bells. But wow, game changer for the posterior chain, and the overall fitness level across the spectrum have gone to a new level. Added this about a year ago, highly recommend

I am not frail and my muscle tone has greatly increased as well as my strength. I have good vein structure again.

Sadly, my statin drugs, per my Pharmacist, have messed up my tendons. Vigorous exercise is not in the cards right now as I would risk more damage to my tendons. I have had some PT after my ankle injury. Just so you know were I am coming from vigorous = exercise that leads to heavy breathing.

I have injured an elbow, two knees and an ankle since January.

I was leg pressing 425 last winter @ 150lbs! I was doing "core" at 100lbs. My heart rate gets over 150. I don't consider that vigorous although it is resistance. In other words I avoid getting out of breath! I don't even get winded with the elevated heart rate. Running and swimming over 200 yards with a front stroke gets me out of breath.

I had temporarily quit the satins due to muscle pain and decreased strength and stamina. Guess when I started back. Late December. The pain came back within a week and a minor tweek to my ankle resulted in a tendon strain and tendonitis. I ended up in a boot and had to go to PT.

I quit the statins again but I have had repetitive tendon issues ever since. Pharmacist says my version of statin is one of the worst for muscle/tendon issues. Even though I stopped in Feb and its out of my system there may be residual problems for a while. His recommendation! Fish Oil and a few other supplements. LOL.
Yeah. Everyone needs a personalized plan. I think that having a resistance routine is ideal, but we have to consider our individual circumstances and do what we can. I think losing muscle mass is a long term battle that really shows itself toward the end. I think when you see an 85 year old fall, break a hip and die within weeks / months that many times this is the lose of muscle mass. It manifests itself in losing your balance, particularly when trying to hit the breaks ( like coming down stairs ). It’s hard for these folks to stop that body once in motion

I do what I would consider a heavy duty calestenic ( not a good speller ) routine in a HIIT format. A lot of push-ups , variations of body weight squats, various jumping motions…. Very fast paced, really driving the heart rate up. Usually something like 3.30 min on and the a 30 second break. I rotate in and out of this every 10 weeks or so with a traditional weight lifting routine. Bench press, shoulder press, heavy squats and dead lifts etc. One thing I have added, and is slowly eating away at the traditional weight lifting is kettle bells. Men should use heavier kettle bells. But wow, game changer for the posterior chain, and the overall fitness level across the spectrum have gone to a new level. Added this about a year ago, highly recommend
That’s awesome. I could probably do a decent job writing my own, but I like having something on paper from someone else. We use a program from a guy named Paul Sklar. Lots of free weights, mixes in kettlebells and bodyweight. There is good variation which I like.

That’s awesome. I could probably do a decent job writing my own, but I like having something on paper from someone else. We use a program from a guy named Paul Sklar. Lots of free weights, mixes in kettlebells and bodyweight. There is good variation which I like.
None of it is really mine. I have a huge collection of various routines, and I have kind of cut and paste from different ones and spliced them together over time. I feel like I have to keep it fresh and a constant rotation or I get kind of bored with it, and become susceptible to plateau

Weird. It hasn’t been that long since basically EVERYONE grew their own food. What I think you mean is that people are unwilling to make the lifestyle changes needed to restore their health. Misaligned priorities. Ensnared by a culture of consumerism and materialism. Modern American culture is pathetic.
No, that's not what I mean. But I live in the real world. The shear number of people in the US today eliminates the possibility of what your proposing. Doesn't make sense to do that anyway.

No, that's not what I mean. But I live in the real world. The shear number of people in the US today eliminates the possibility of what your proposing. Doesn't make sense to do that anyway.
Okay. Keep eating the corporate sludge. It will be fine. What doesn’t make sense is that 70% of our grown men are so fat their titts hang down to their belly button. F’n pathetic

Last edited:
bollocks, are you ignoring that is what the country is coming to? This is just the start.

Apparently you missed this poignant insightful post I made in the "UK is going full communist" thread 2 weeks ago and frankly I don't blame you but here it is...

"Real bad period"? Look at the US starting from oh I don't know, lets say 50 years ago. We've been progressively drifting left since then. I grew up in the late 60's - 70's. If you'd have told anybody back then that the United States of America would be legalizing gay marriage you'd have gotten laughed at and then gotten the shit beat out of you just for kicks. Now... we openly discuss 8 year old's right to change their gender. Let that settle in for a minute. Every great civilization of the past that ruled the world is long gone. Footnotes in history. The Greek empire, Roman empire, Ottoman empire (the most underrated of the empires, where would our feet be without them), all of them now gone. You think that at the height of their powers any of them thought it would ever end? And now it's just our turn. It's not an overnight thing, it will take time for the leftists to ruin us. But face it they're well on their way and the rate of decline increases with each election. Is what it is. Tampons for everybody.

Great thread.

................what is this strange fantasy world you live in?

Okay. Keep eating the corporate sludge. It will be fine. What doesn’t make sense is that 70% of our grown men are so fat their titts hang down to their belly button. F’n pathetic
That has little to do with them planting their own gardens. Look, I like gardens, grew tomato's for years, but the ability for everybody to grow enough volume and variety to significantly impact their own diets is very limited. But you can buy organic at most supermarkets or go to the local farmers market. There are other alternatives that are more practical.

That has little to do with them planting their own gardens. Look, I like gardens, grew tomato's for years, but the ability for everybody to grow enough volume and variety to significantly impact their own diets is very limited. But you can buy organic at most supermarkets or go to the local farmers market. There are other alternatives that are more practical.
Buying organic is certainly an upgrade over the typical American nutrition scheme. The American public is over fed and under nourished. Everyone understands the over fed part means. My only gripe with organic grocery food is that fruit and veggies nutrition value decays like an atomic half life. The vitamin / mineral payload is a fraction of what it is when you pull it off the bush. The more local you can get these items, the better.

Reactions: Illegal-shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT