ADVERTISEMENT

Spring football season question

LizardGrad89

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
If the Big 10 and Pac 12 play Spring Seasons, would early enrollees be immediately eligible to play? They'd be enrolled in school, and on scholarship, I would think that would make them part of the team. I haven't seen anything about it, though.

And, if they went back to fall seasons in 2021, and had two seasons in 1 year, would that mean those players would be eligible for the draft after the fall 2022 season? 3 seasons but only two years. If that's how it comes down, and I was a hotshot High school player looking to fast-track to the pros, I'd go to a Big 10 or PAC 12 school, because then you can go pro after 2 calendar years instead of 3.

No, the rule is that your high school graduating class has to has to be removed 3 or more years ago.

hence why you can be a red shirt sophomore and enter the draft.

Those leagues will never play in the Spring. They seriously need to reconsider and reverse course. The SEC, ACC, B12, American, and other little leagues are absolutely going to play. It is clear they are hell bent on making this go, and if they are successful (which sadgator believes they will be), the Big 10 and PAC 12 are going to look like total assholes. There is still time for those guys to get back in, and they really should.

Seems to me this whole spring football idea is not feasible. Big 10 commish doubled downed yesterday and said definitely no football this year. Why wouldn't he keep an open mind?

Imagine being a Mich/tOSU fan and you are sitting there playing gin rummy with your family while watching Auburn-Alabama play on TV with no problem while running “It Just Means More” ads...over and over...

The outrage and outcry coming from the fan bases of those leagues is going to be beyond imagination....

Imagine being a Mich/tOSU fan and you are sitting there playing gin rummy with your family while watching Auburn-Alabama play on TV with no problem while running “It Just Means More” ads...over and over...

The outrage and outcry coming from the fan bases of those leagues is going to be beyond imagination....
I'm still not convinced we will pull off football this fall. We shall see, but you are spot on, if somehow the SEC, ACC and B12 make it happen then the others will look a little foolish.

It is going to happen. Trust sadgator...he is the biggest “corona-bro” out here, and even he recognizes that it can be done.

There won’t be fans, and it won’t look or feel like a normal season, but it will be football nevertheless...and they will play...

No, the rule is that your high school graduating class has to has to be removed 3 or more years ago.

hence why you can be a red shirt sophomore and enter the draft.

But if are on the team in Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Fall 2022, you just finished being a redshirt sophomore or a true junior. So can you now enter the draft?

It’s the number of years removed from high school that make you draft eligible for the NFL. Three years removed from high school.

It’s the number of years removed from high school that make you draft eligible for the NFL. Three years removed from high school.

So then kids who play the Spring ball season will be able to get 4 seasons in before turning pro. Interesting.

Those leagues will never play in the Spring. They seriously need to reconsider and reverse course. The SEC, ACC, B12, American, and other little leagues are absolutely going to play. It is clear they are hell bent on making this go, and if they are successful (which sadgator believes they will be), the Big 10 and PAC 12 are going to look like total assholes. There is still time for those guys to get back in, and they really should.

anyone else notice that the two power 5 conferences to postpone their seasons were the two that the players came together and made demands?

this wasn’t about the virus this was about discouraging players demands.

Let’s have some fun...illustration of the world today...
Sad-Brutus-The-Buckeye.jpg

I'm still not convinced we will pull off football this fall. We shall see, but you are spot on, if somehow the SEC, ACC and B12 make it happen then the others will look a little foolish.

Not just foolish, it will confirm that this is all political.

Playing football in the spring is insanely dangerous to these kids. You are asking them to finish a 10-15 game season, when they are already physically depleted, and play their final games in the beginning of the Summer heat and humidity.

It's a recipe for disaster. There WILL be severe medical issues for these kids if they do this.

Holy cow...you are so unfun...please stop ruining good threads...and no, it’s not even close to a hoax, but yes, they can play...

Ummmm.....sheep like you are why our season is ruined. Do you have absolutely no self-awareness?

Keep telling yourself it's not a hoax, maybe that helps you justify being a jackass the last 6 months?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT