ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Billy is Out

Didn't we win all 3 of our football NCs under Foley?
He also hired Zook, Muschamp and Butters McElwain. Supposedly he wouldn't have wanted Dan Mullen in Gainesville. Oh, and Bill Arnsparger hired Spurrier. Sometimes I wish he were alive to be the AD, whether he was a douche or not.

And sadgator will tell you what…EVERYBODY seems to think Napier is getting fired…

sadgator’s honestly not so sure. sadgator thinks we might be in this for the long haul regardless of what the public sentiment is and how loud the criticism gets.

Remember when the “big boosters” were scheduling urgent emergency meetings on Sunday? Funny how nothing has happened this morning as a result of these urgent emergency meetings…lol…

Billy said the coaches need to evaluate things and make the needed corrections. Says he hasn't heard anything to do with his job status and the Gators must put this game behind them and handle it one game at a time working toward a winning season and a bowl game. He isn't getting fired before UCF if we beat Miss State it sounds like.

He also hired Zook, Muschamp and Butters McElwain. Supposedly he wouldn't have wanted Dan Mullen in Gainesville. Oh, and Bill Arnsparger hired Spurrier. Sometimes I wish he were alive to be the AD, whether he was a douche or not.

Foley didn't control the hiring decision with Spurrier or Meyer either. The outgoing AD did for Spurrier and Machen made it clear Meyer was getting hired.

Foley didn't control the hiring decision with Spurrier or Meyer either. The outgoing AD did for Spurrier and Machen made it clear Meyer was getting hired.
Exactly what I mentioned about Bill Arnsparger, and he wouldn't need Machen to get in his ear to bring in Meyer. Foooooley considered Kirk Ferentz as a replacement for Zook.

Reactions: Gator Fever
The answer can be found on Santana's 1969 self titled album.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

...it was actually my 2nd guess, but still. 😍

Whoever it is, no more from the Saban and Kirby Bangs tree. I'm so sick of announcers talking and showing photos of Muschamp and Fisher, along with Bangs cut and coach Tater.
It's not happening but I'll make an exception for Dan Lanning.

I read a post from Andy Staples on On3’s forum where he said he thought they were holding off until after UCF, because then the players will have burned their redshirts and would be less likely to leave en masse.

I guess that makes sense. There’s no real upside to firing CBN now as opposed to two weeks from now.

Ultimately, id like to keep Lagway but that can’t play any role in the decision to get rid of this guy. He’s completely incompetent with or without Lagway. As far as the rest of these guys with one or two exceptions they can all hit the portal as far as I’m concerned.

I read a post from Andy Staples on On3’s forum where he said he thought they were holding off until after UCF, because then the players will have burned their redshirts and would be less likely to leave en masse.

I guess that makes sense. There’s no real upside to firing CBN now as opposed to two weeks from now.

Ultimately, id like to keep Lagway but that can’t play any role in the decision to get rid of this guy. He’s completely incompetent with or without Lagway. As far as the rest of these guys with one or two exceptions they can all hit the portal as far as I’m concerned.
Watch the video I posted above and they are kinda in a pickle about who in the Gators organization would rally the troops? He might be gone during the bye week is what I heard today.

Watch the video I posted above and they are kinda in a pickle about who in the Gators organization would rally the troops? He might be gone during the bye week is what I heard today.
I doubt there’s a great replacement on the staff. I can’t think of a single position group that has played well.

This is going to be a take your medicine situation I think.

I have read they want the bye week so everyone has time to adjust

As for DJ, I don’t think Billy is a lock to keep
Anyone. EW was liking posts saying he needed to be fired. I don’t think many would return for another year of this

He does need to be fired and I'm hoping DJ was smart enough to come here for the Gators and not for the offensive mind that is Sling Blade.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatordad3

It's just a total mess that THE University of Florida should not be in with its football program. Yet here we are.

Reactions: bradleygator
Thinking about it, the UF AD job is still a top job. They need to fire Stricklin first and get a top top football focused AD and then hire a football coach. Timing should not be an issue. If they have to play all next year under an interim, that’s better than hiring some schmuck because he’s the only guy available.

Thinking about it, the UF AD job is still a top job. They need to fire Stricklin first and get a top top football focused AD and then hire a football coach. Timing should not be an issue. If they have to play all next year under an interim, that’s better than hiring some schmuck because he’s the only guy available.
Now you are all seeing what I have been saying for some years now. You cannot just replace a HC you have to start at the top because crap falls downward. If the AD isn't what he/she is suppose to be then he/she will pick crap.

Curious, does UF use a COMMITTEE, made up of FORMER Coaches like Spurrier & former players, those who don't play anymore? If NOT this is the issue right there. Our High School uses a committee that's made up of former local Coaches and those who truly understand this game and its been successful using this format overall, well except when a Principal overrides the committee on the hire and chooses her own person. Maybe that's why she's no longer a principal.

Just watch her videos from last season and this past offseason. For those who don't know, she's married to former UF punter Eric Wilbur.
The only Wilburs I've ever known was a country bumpkin tomato farmer. But that was his first name. Nice guy, but not a football analyst. I think I'll pass on the videos though. Our punter this season seems pretty good. He's certainly earning his scholarship, his foot probably has blisters.

• Sad
Reactions: gatordad3
Ryan Day is another option as the Buckeye fans want him gone. He recruits the state of Florida better than almost every college coach around.
Why do they want Day gone? Obviously I'm not familiar with the Ohio Stae situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT