ADVERTISEMENT

So when Florida beats Tennessee…

We beat them with the likes of Treon Harris and that other 2-star dude from Connecticut at QB.

Will play them somewhat close but still lose. Right now Richardson is a complete liability on the field.

Cannot use his wheels
Cannot read a defense
Cannot stop throwing interceptions

We could beat them if the defense really showed up and maybe them being big on the pass could help since we are so soft against the run.

Imagine if we had Luke Del Rio walking out onto the field what would be possible.

Frankly, a game here and there doesnt change the overall picture. If UF wins, I'm not concerned about being called out because I never limited what UF could be or do in the future. I made it a point that I was looking at the "current game" and past only.

The only thing I've been critical of this season is the unbased expectation of AR15 to be more than what he is.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
UT just lost their best receiver against Akron, but, Neyland will be a huge home field advantage next week.

Unfortunately all good things and streaks come to an end and then you have to start new ones. See Kentucky. The issue we are going to have is our defense isn’t very good to begin with but even more concerning is we have no depth and we don’t get 3 and outs and UT runs that up tempo offense. It really isn’t a good match up. Our best best is somehow we get some 3 and outs or at least hold them to less plays on offense than they normally get. And then when we have the ball we run it down their throats successfully over and over again using #2 and #7 and chew up clock and score points. Unfortunately I don’t have any confidence in our QB anymore, especially if he is going to continue to play mentally soft and try and be somebody he’s not.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
8826851-ncaa-football-tennessee-florida.jpg

Sad,

I guess a picture is still worth a thousand words !

USF had 3rd-and-18 on its next drive and ran up the middle for 21 yards.

Florida’s defense as a whole seems lost without Miller. Amari Burney and Shemar James didn’t exactly step up either. James still has time, Burney is who he is at this point.

Florida is ranked 12th in talent composite while USF is 65th.

FWIW - Tenn ranked #19 in talent composite which means we will go to Rocky Top & win.

BS

Obviously the TALENT COMPOSITE doesn't mean as much as some posters here think it does !

Physical talent - which is identified by subjective analysis - doesn't always guarantee a winning team.

I.E. a QB with great physical talent who completely lacks the mental tools.

Either that or they have superior coaching.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football-20221/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

A program like Florida should be able to survive an injury or two and still beat a USF squad that struggled to pull away from FCS Howard University last week.

Florida didn’t win the 4th quarter, it survived it.

More runs with gaps the Gators didn’t know how to fill and with 11:15 left USF had a lead in The Swamp over Florida football.

Another Samford !

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/09/18/florida-football-gators-survive-usf/

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Sad,

I guess a picture is still worth a thousand words !

USF had 3rd-and-18 on its next drive and ran up the middle for 21 yards.

Florida’s defense as a whole seems lost without Miller. Amari Burney and Shemar James didn’t exactly step up either. James still has time, Burney is who he is at this point.

Florida is ranked 12th in talent composite while USF is 65th.

FWIW - Tenn ranked #19 in talent composite which means we will go to Rocky Top & win.

BS

Obviously the TALENT COMPOSITE doesn't mean as much as some posters here think it does !

Physical talent - which is identified by subjective analysis - doesn't always guarantee a winning team.

I.E. a QB with great physical talent who completely lacks the mental tools.

Either that or they have superior coaching.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football-20221/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

A program like Florida should be able to survive an injury or two and still beat a USF squad that struggled to pull away from FCS Howard University last week.

Florida didn’t win the 4th quarter, it survived it.

More runs with gaps the Gators didn’t know how to fill and with 11:15 left USF had a lead in The Swamp over Florida football.

Another Samford !

https://hailfloridahail.com/2022/09/18/florida-football-gators-survive-usf/

I will throw a thread together on why FL can go up there and beat Tennessee.

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
I will throw a thread together on why FL can go up there and beat Tennessee.
Fever,

Stick with the obvious - UF #12 in Team Talent; Tenn a lowly #19; no way (according to most posters on this board) they can win.

Be sure to add UF's brilliant QB play, great special teams, etc.

Of course; there is a reason they play the games on the field instead of just listening to or reading the talking heads / experts at large.
LOL

Waiting to read your thread !

Last edited:
Florida is going to beat Tennessee.
Sad,
I was slumming and saw your post and just sighed. One thing I think we can agree on is beating Tennessee, Georgia and Florida State can make even a bad year good. First, Georgia is gonna beat us by 24-28 unless we’ll unless I don’t F’in know! Next FSU is a toss up as they haven’t done anything yet to but, beat an average LSU team. And then there is Tennessee. I just watched the USF game on the DVR Thankfully and #15 is mentally done. Felipe Frank’s backup done. Towsons QB tore up USF. Again that was not a typo. Trask would’ve went for 424 and 4-5 T.D.’s.

Here is why we’ll lose Saturday :

Richardson FOR HIS CAREER is 6 T.D.’s and 9 interceptions. 0 and 4 this year. Tennessee had 414 yards at HALFTIME Bad opponent or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razorback_Nole
Sad,
I was slumming and saw your post and just sighed. One thing I think we can agree on is beating Tennessee, Georgia and Florida State can make even a bad year good. First, Georgia is gonna beat us by 24-28 unless we’ll unless I don’t F’in know! Next FSU is a toss up as they haven’t done anything yet to but, beat an average LSU team. And then there is Tennessee. I just watched the USF game on the DVR Thankfully and #15 is mentally done. Felipe Frank’s backup done. Towsons QB tore up USF. Again that was not a typo. Trask would’ve went for 424 and 4-5 T.D.’s.

Hete is why we’ll lose Saturday :

Richardson FOR HIS CAREER is 6 T.D.’s and 9 interceptions. 0 and 4 this year. Tennessee had 414 yards at HALFTIME Bad opponent or not.

Ok but Tennessee was lighting up most teams last season and who was it that held them to their lowest scoring total of the season. Also one of those 2 TDs only happened because Mordecai McDaniel (banished from the Gators by Napier) was literally asleep on one play and let the WR run right past him. If Napier just uses Richardson's legs a little and is smart with the passes I think we can beat this team.

Reactions: specialpurpose
Ok but Tennessee was lighting up most teams last season and who was it that held them to their lowest scoring total of the season. Also one of those 2 TDs only happened because Mordecai McDaniel (banished from the Gators by Napier) was literally asleep on one play and let the WR run right past him. If Napier just uses Richardson's legs a little and is smart with the passes I think we can beat this team.
I hope you’re right but, he’s missing receivers like Frank’s used to do. He’s throwing bad Ints. like Frank’s used to do. And then Kyle Trask came in a tore things up. Maybe one of our backups is the next Trask. If not and 15 plays the whole game, take Tennessee and lay the 9.5-10.5 which is the line right now.

While the Vols have only beaten the Gators 7 times since the Vietnam War ended, we go up there as clear underdogs. But that's not stopped them from losing to us many times over the past 50 years when they've been favored. So we'll see what happens.

Sad,

Here is why we’ll lose Saturday :

What happened to you walking away from the board? That didn't last long.

I feel like it's been an eternity since Tenn beat UF..... they almost got you guys but you had neat win. I'm not so sure this yr. Line opened at -10.5 Tennessee. You can win but I would give the edge to Tenn. Although some of the most hilarious moments in sports is when UF beats Tenn (the fan reaction)

An amazing reality about that photo…

the little boy behind the girl in front of Anthony looks to be about 9 years old in the photo…

if so, today…that boy is 35 years old…

in all of the years since that photo was taken…that boy has only seen Tennessee beat Florida 5 times…

and only once since he was a teenager…
People age?
back to the future great scott GIF

Candidly, it can’t be a lot worse than it was last week…so…let’s hope…
Pretty much disagree. I've heard the same a lot though - the play calling needs updating - I just don't see it.

Truth is we can't execute passing - like at all. There's no play we could call that would help last week - lol AR was terrible. Play calling looks genius when we can hit a guy down field.

The other challenge is there's no one that can really run deep. Our best "burner" guy is the TE who weighs like 240 lbs. lol.

Pretty much disagree. I've heard the same a lot though - the play calling needs updating - I just don't see it.

Truth is we can't execute passing - like at all. There's no play we could call that would help last week - lol AR was terrible. Play calling looks genius when we can hit a guy down field.

The other challenge is there's no one that can really run deep. Our best "burner" guy is the TE who weighs like 240 lbs. lol.

Henderson would be better used going deep a few plays a game imo than those joke 2 yard plays we keep running with him

The screens and veer-option plays just aren't getting it done. As one poster pointed out, we have a fleet-footed TE that hardly gets any targets. Leon Zipperer can flat out fly and accumulate YAC (yards after catch). The best way to build a QB's confidence is to establish such trust in his most elementary receiver, the tight end. Napier should know this having been a QB himself. If AR-15 and Zipperer can develop chemistry then maybe that enables #15 to have the confidence in getting the ball to his other receivers.

Say whatever you want, but that isolation play on the goal line that got picked by USF was one of the worst play calls sadgator has seen in like 30+ years of religiously following Gator football…
Seriously.
That wasn’t the original play call. The play call was to run the ball but AR audibled to that play. Not sure why he did that when we would have just scored on the called run play anyways. I would hope that maybe now AR isn’t allowed to audible anymore if we are in the red zone

The screens and veer-option plays just aren't getting it done. As one poster pointed out, we have a fleet-footed TE that hardly gets any targets. Leon Zipperer can flat out fly and accumulate YAC (yards after catch). The best way to build a QB's confidence is to establish such trust in his most elementary receiver, the tight end. Napier should know this having been a QB himself. If AR-15 and Zipperer can develop chemistry then maybe that enables #15 to have the confidence in getting the ball to his other receivers.
Not sure if serious?? Keon Zipperer can fly and gets YAC? Our TE room is pretty bad.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
That wasn’t the original play call. The play call was to run the ball but AR audibled to that play. Not sure why he did that when we would have just scored on the called run play anyways. I would hope that maybe now AR isn’t allowed to audible anymore if we are in the red zone
I heard a coach say the same thing. He mentioned that Napier has an audible built into every play...this helps to optimize overall potential for each play.

That metioned, for the formation going to the mismatch throw was the right call - but in that scenario you have to understand the game overall and still run the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT