ADVERTISEMENT

So, Trumps gone. HCQ is helpful according to AMJ

jfegaly

Bull Gator
Feb 1, 2006
Let the fake news roll. The Media Lied People died. All to remove Trump. Dems have no shame. I will provide the important finding from study, then the links.

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial/anti-inflammatory drug that impairs endosomal transfer of virions within human cells. HCQ is also a zinc ionophore that conveys zinc intracellularly to block the SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, which is the core enzyme of the virus replication. The currently completed retrospective studies and randomized trials have generally shown these findings:
1) when started late in the hospital course and for short durations of time, antimalarials appear to be ineffective, 2) when started earlier in the hospital course, for progressively longer durations and in outpatients, antimalarials may reduce the progression of disease, prevent hospitalization, and are associated with reduced mortality.

When you skinny jean wearers going to wake up and realize the media is the enemy of the people and are manipulating you? Where is @Nolec

Let the fake news roll. The Media Lied People died. All to remove Trump. Dems have no shame. I will provide the important finding from study, then the links.

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) is an antimalarial/anti-inflammatory drug that impairs endosomal transfer of virions within human cells. HCQ is also a zinc ionophore that conveys zinc intracellularly to block the SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, which is the core enzyme of the virus replication. The currently completed retrospective studies and randomized trials have generally shown these findings:
1) when started late in the hospital course and for short durations of time, antimalarials appear to be ineffective, 2) when started earlier in the hospital course, for progressively longer durations and in outpatients, antimalarials may reduce the progression of disease, prevent hospitalization, and are associated with reduced mortality.

When you skinny jean wearers going to wake up and realize the media is the enemy of the people and are manipulating you? Where is @Nolec

Since there is no actual study done on actual patients, I'll have to forgo much excitement for this paper. The researchers make no claims other than they want to have have a "real scientific randomized study" done to prove their claim that patients treated with zinc and antivirals (HCQ) BEFORE they become clinical, show good PROMISE of improved outcomes. WOW, so the healthier you are before you get sick, the better off you are. Ok, I'll buy that. Also they feel the less sick you get, the less likely you'll die. Who'd a thought?
Your media.. enemy of the people rant follows all good Fascist theory also.

Since there is no actual study done on actual patients, I'll have to forgo much excitement for this paper. The researchers make no claims other than they want to have have a "real scientific randomized study" done to prove their claim that patients treated with zinc and antivirals (HCQ) BEFORE they become clinical, show good PROMISE of improved outcomes. WOW, so the healthier you are before you get sick, the better off you are. Ok, I'll buy that. Also they feel the less sick you get, the less likely you'll die. Who'd a thought?
I think you’re totally missing the point.

If you hop into your way back machine you’ll recall that any mention of HCQ as a potential treatment was banned from social media and treated as dangerous misinformation. You had a group of doctors begging the medical community to try it as they claimed outstanding observational results in the darkest days of a pandemic.

Now we have an article that cites a very well respected medical journal and an actual study that reinforces (and indeed cites) this observational data.

"The amount of elemental zinc lozenges is <25% of that in a single 220-mg zinc sulfate daily tablet. This dose of zinc sulfate has been effectively used in combination with antimalarials in the early treatment of high-risk outpatients with COVID-19," the study explains.

This is 100% spot on the claim made this past summer - if you start with zinc and HCQ early you can prevent the onset of the most serious symptoms. Ask yourself what’s changed since last summer that we can now have this conversation in a medical journal? Why is it now ok for the medical community to even suggest HCQ and Zinc is helping people?

do you know how to read? This is from the American Medical Assiciation based on results from a STUDY on actual patients. Good lawd you’re special

“Cited in this article are more than a dozen studies of various designs that have examined a range of existing medications.”

lol

The retard Xiden true believers be like

source.gif

I think you’re totally missing the point.

If you hop into your way back machine you’ll recall that any mention of HCQ as a potential treatment was banned from social media and treated as dangerous misinformation. You had a group of doctors begging the medical community to try it as they claimed outstanding observational results in the darkest days of a pandemic.

Now we have an article that cites a very well respected medical journal and an actual study that reinforces (and indeed cites) this observational data.

"The amount of elemental zinc lozenges is <25% of that in a single 220-mg zinc sulfate daily tablet. This dose of zinc sulfate has been effectively used in combination with antimalarials in the early treatment of high-risk outpatients with COVID-19," the study explains.

This is 100% spot on the claim made this past summer - if you start with zinc and HCQ early you can prevent the onset of the most serious symptoms. Ask yourself what’s changed since last summer that we can now have this conversation in a medical journal? Why is it now ok for the medical community to even suggest HCQ and Zinc is helping people?
Do not forget, Orange man bad, Orange man liked HCQ, there for it must be bnad too.

You go out of your way to miss the point regularly, as you've done here...and then call us fascist when we are silencing zero people. The left cannot make that same claim today in the US.

Useful idiot. Sorry to say it but that's what you've made of yourself.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for using hydroxychloroquine. I have no problem if a doc decided to prescribe it. Few in my community do. I, personally would not. I’ve had good success prescribing azithromycin with steroids in mild to moderately ill patients. I recommend zinc and vitamin C although a recent study now says zinc does nothing.
BTW the Am Journal on Medicine is not endorsed by the AMA.

Lol. @Nolec has put his foot in his mouth again haha.
Come back snowflake!

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for using hydroxychloroquine. I have no problem if a doc decided to prescribe it. Few in my community do. I, personally would not. I’ve had good success prescribing azithromycin with steroids in mild to moderately ill patients. I recommend zinc and vitamin C although a recent study now says zinc does nothing.

Your last sentence is correct because they have their own journal they endorse. I got them mixed up. Journal of American medicine vs american journal of medicine. Both peer reviewed journals however. Your first sentence I would disagree with based on.....

“and are associated with reduced mortality.”

Are there better things to use? I am sure there are now. That being said, go back a year, and based on the lower mortality rates this paper confirms, how many lives might have been saved by this hcq if not for media TDS? Thats the point.

Many docs claim to have success with it and it’s cheap and harmless (in smaller doses).

I don’t think anyone claims it’s a miracle cure but it seems to be a decent intervention early on and is accessible.

My issue is things got so bad that not only were doctors being cancelled but pharmacies weren’t filling prescriptions for it because orange man bad. It’s possible the media and cancel culture made the pandemic worse. That’s unbelievable to me.

Many docs claim to have success with it and it’s cheap and harmless (in smaller doses).

I don’t think anyone claims it’s a miracle cure but it seems to be a decent intervention early on and is accessible.

My issue is things got so bad that not only were doctors being cancelled but pharmacies weren’t filling prescriptions for it because orange man bad. It’s possible the media and cancel culture made the pandemic worse. That’s unbelievable to me.

Its availability and its value as a prophylactic made it worthwhile. Not using it in the spring of 2020 was a huge miss and a wasted opportunity.

It makes you wonder, how many people died because of identity politics? That is shameful.

do you know how to read? This is from the American Medical Assiciation based on results from a STUDY on actual patients. Good lawd you’re special

“Cited in this article are more than a dozen studies of various designs that have examined a range of existing medications.”

The authors of the paper state there is no randomized study. They did not do one. they cite observations from the last nine months of other clinical physicians, but no real scientific clinical study. Perhaps if you could read the abstract and get back. Perhaps if you realize they are suggesting pre-clinical treatments, hence the healthier you are befors getting sick... the less sick you get. That's why it takes a real study to show efficacy. Get vaccinated.

Its availability and its value as a prophylactic made it worthwhile. Not using it in the spring of 2020 was a huge miss and a wasted opportunity.

It makes you wonder, how many people died because of identity politics? That is shameful.

ut telling the public it was nothing to worry about ... was not a problem? We know how that worked out.

You contend orange man handled the pandemic well, and the media was largely at fault? OMG.

I believe the evidence that it is a useful prophylactic is weak so I do not think many lives were lost by us not promoting it.

The authors of the paper state there is no randomized study. They did not do one. they cite observations from the last nine months of other clinical physicians, but no real scientific clinical study. Perhaps if you could read the abstract and get back. Perhaps if you realize they are suggesting pre-clinical treatments, hence the healthier you are befors getting sick... the less sick you get. That's why it takes a real study to show efficacy. Get vaccinated.

Your goalposts keep moving. First it was no studies done. Now its randomized studies. Perhaps you can read the conclusion and get back. Lives could have been saved had the media not gone into hysterics trying to remove trump. Period. You are being obtuse and ignorant if you’re unwilling to acknowledge the a bunch of people a hell of alot smarter than yourself have concluded that 1. It helped people if given in early stages to recover faster and 2. Taking HCQ resulted in lower mortality rates. The media lied, people died. Those were there conclusions, yet you want to clutch those pearls. I know what it is, its the 8 masks not allowing enough oxygen to your brain

You go out of your way to miss the point regularly, as you've done here...and then call us fascist when we are silencing zero people. The left cannot make that same claim today in the US.

Useful idiot. Sorry to say it but that's what you've made of yourself.

Sorry, the last WH occupant censored the main media outlets from his press conf. and then just quit having them. Also he sent memo's to the EPA that all EPA employees were NOT allowed on social media. But that's all different to some closed minds. Seems some idiots aren't even useful.

Sorry, the last WH occupant censored the main media outlets from his press conf. and then just quit having them. Also he sent memo's to the EPA that all EPA employees were NOT allowed on social media. But that's all different to some closed minds. Seems some idiots aren't even useful.
Really? Have any proof of that? Lol. I will wait. I’m sure it will be a while.

Reactions: fatman76
I believe the evidence that it is a useful prophylactic is weak so I do not think many lives were lost by us not promoting it.

Ok, can you quantify how many? I do not think, doesn't seem like “following science” to me. Lets say its 10 percent. What is 10 percent of 500k? Also, I know a dual degreed oncologist and hematologist that disagrees with you on it’s efficacy as a prophylactic. As far as lives that could have been saved, the data, according to this and other studies disagree with ya doc. You have given your opinion (which us what it is). The journal has given you their research.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ut telling the public it was nothing to worry about ... was not a problem? We know how that worked out.

As opposed to screaming "holy eff" in complete panic while screaming fire in a packed theater?

You guys have overplayed this talking point to exhaustion. Actual medicine vs words. Stop being a twit.

Reactions: dezyDeco

Doctors in that article disagree with your assessment.

Look, Trump touted HCQ so I don't ever expect you to agree but don't tell me that your opinion is based on anything other than your TDS.

Impressive...none of that is true.

Holy crap. I had no idea he was that insane. Like this thread is a hard read, it sort of hurts to process it all.

I’m going to chalk tonight up to booze.

Holy crap. I had no idea he was that insane. Like this thread is a hard read, it sort of hurts to process it all.

I’m going to chalk tonight up to booze.

Trump hasn't been in office for over a month but the TDS is still raging in this one.

Maybe the AMA can give us an idea of how long his symptoms will persist.

Show me the data with the estimated numbers of lives that could have been saved. By not using hydroxychloroquin other drug regimens were used. They may have been more effective than hydroxychloroquin. There is no way to quantify that.

Show me the data with the estimated numbers of lives that could have been saved. By not using hydroxychloroquin other drug regimens were used. They may have been more effective than hydroxychloroquin. There is no way to quantify that.

Exactly. Yet you ASSUMED and even gave an opinion based on an ASSUMPTION that it would be a small number. So, throwing that question right back at you, how many is “not many lives” , what are you basing it on, and how many lives would be enough lives to make it worth the media not doing what they did?

Did he also have Facebook censor articles and stories about HCQ?

Exactly. Yet you ASSUMED and even gave an opinion based on an ASSUMPTION that it would be a small number. So, throwing that question right back at you, how many is “not many lives” , what are you basing it on, and how many lives would be enough lives to make it worth the media not doing what they did?
I gave an educated opinion. Not sure your point here. I stated my opinion based on my experience. Many here claimed how upset they are at the “many lives lost”. I just don’t see it.

I gave an educated opinion. Not sure your point here. I stated my opinion based on my experience. Many here claimed how upset they are at the “many lives lost”. I just don’t see it.

Who are you quoting? I will wait. I have seen the question “how many” lives were lost. You don’t see what? Lives that could have been lost due to the politicization of a drug that in moderate doses that is safe, and according to the studies has efficacy in both reducing viral shedding, reducing the longevity of illness and had shown to reduce mortality rates. Glad you aren’t my doc, seems you still want to play politics above all else. FWIW, you don’t have to “see it”. The research, shows it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT