ADVERTISEMENT

So, Grier should be named starter......right?

Grier hit two defenders in the numbersthat would have been sure picks in conference. I have no issue with Grier being the starter, he likely should be. However, we need not pretend he ia Danny or Tim........long ways to go!
When Grier came back into the game, he struggled.

LOL@ this narrative that Treon being inserted somehow ruin Grier's play.
Last week I learned from you that QB height is irrelevant, it's "throwing windows" that matter.

This week I learned from you that QB rhythm is a myth.

Eagerly anticipating what next week holds...

Way to misrepresent a position. Yes, a difference of less than 3" in height is practically irrelevant when it comes to the ability to see downfield. If you don't know that QB's throw through passing windows and not over linemen, then you quite frankly don't know anything about football.

As to your second point, I never stated rhythm didn't matter. My entire point was that its an absurd overstatement to act as if Harris being inserted into the game for all of 10 plays in the first half somehow led to Grier making poor decisions in the second half (when Grier started the second half) because of 'lack of rhythm.' Grier played almost the entire game leading up to the 4th in the last game. And if that's your argument wouldn't that also apply to Harris? Or does only Grier's rhythm get disrupted by the rotation? Clearly you're just interested in making excuses for one side of the QB equation. But hey according to you Mac cares more about his QB rotation than winning, your words. That's great wisdom on display by you. I think I'll stand by my takes, thanks.

Last edited:
When Grier came back into the game, he struggled.
He did some but doesn't every QB do that? I mean Drew Brees will struggle...the kid has played in a total of 1 ball game at the college level. He's going to struggle some. I think that some people on this board...are being a little too critical of things...Wuerffel when he first was starting to play...isn't the Wuerffel that everyone talks about today...he's almost talked about like he was great on every play and from the instant that he hit the field...never having a bad series. People like to try and compare kids to him...or what we think that we should be seeing but forget to think about all of the other players that Wuerffel had around him...just in the back field..Terry Jackson, Fred Taylor, Elijah Williams...not to mention a bunch of NFL relievers and an awesome offensive line. Not taking from Wuerffel just saying that neither of these kids are probably going to have that kind of help. Both will struggle but it doesn't mean that they both can't be very good.

Honestly i think that both guys have done pretty well with the rotation. Our biggest problems in the last game were penalties, missed field goals, Robinson dropping a TD in the first half on 2nd down where we settled for 3 points, and the defense getting owned in the last 6 minutes of the game. These things were way worse than the QB play by either guy. Grier did throw 1 int but that wasn't even his fault. So if you look at the QB play...I think that it's been pretty good by both guys. I do prefer Grier but I think that Treon has played really well.

I'm here acknowledging that Grier struggled to the point I'm no longer suggesting he should definitely start.

Grier hit two defenders in the numbers that would have been sure picks in conference. I have no issue with Grier being the starter, he likely should be. However, we need not pretend he ia Danny or Tim........long ways to go!
Danny threw three INTs against Kentucky as a rFreshman. I agree there is a long, long ways to go, but even Wuerffel didn't start our smoothly here, though he did make a legendary play.

If Harris had started and played like Grier against KY people would be calling for his head on a platter.

I think the last 2 weeks are confirming the rumors about Grier being a little turnover prone in red zone practice against our defense. ECU just didn't capitalize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT