ADVERTISEMENT

So after Florida beats UGA…it’s gonna kinda throw things into chaos…

Y'all realize that the fact we weren't inundated with imbecile dawg fans after the game crowing about their blowout speaks volumes about the state of our program and the state of this message board.

It's mildly upsetting.
6 of 7. Is it even a rivalry anymore?

Just kidding. It always is regardless of recent or past history.

When McConky jogged into the endzone with 3 Florida defenders jogging just behind him I got that impression as well.

What sort of backwards pageantry is this, at a rivalry game no less?
I believe Lad was not highly recruited but he's been their go to receiver since Bowers went out with an injury. Oh and Kimber refused to put one finger on him after one of his receptions.

I believe Lad was not highly recruited but he's been their go to receiver since Bowers went out with an injury. Oh and Kimber refused to put one finger on him after one of his receptions.
McConkey was a 3-star recruit who had offers from Georgia, Army, Bucknell, Furman and Georgia Southern.

What's going on now with the Georgia/Florida rivalry reminds me of what happened when Spurrier was our coach, only in reverse. Beatdowns to the point where it became almost expected on both sides. Sheer bliss for the team on top, repeated agony for the loser.

McConkey was a 3-star recruit who had offers from Georgia, Army, Bucknell, Furman and Georgia Southern.

What's going on now with the Georgia/Florida rivalry reminds me of what happened when Spurrier was our coach, only in reverse. Beatdowns to the point where it became almost expected on both sides. Sheer bliss for the team on top, repeated agony for the loser.
Same when Urban was coach.

As a stop gap to fill a Willie and Jimbo depleted roster. The hope was it being temporary while he starts building a solid recruiting class, which he's doing now. Hopefully, he'll find balance in both. He has FSU sitting at #3 for 2024's recruiting class. We'll see. There's a lot of season left and anything can happen, both on the field and in recruiting.

Do we want it to be temporary? Verse, Johnny, Benson, Keon, Jordan, Fiske.... all portal. If that level of talent keeps hitting the portal... we better keep taking it. There are teams who use the portal as a filler but we will have some serious draft picks that we got in the portal. I don't think it matters that their freshman or sophomore year they spent with another team.

I think the portal is here to stay and big names will keep entering. I'm convinced you HAVE to use portal now. Sure UGA hasn't really needed to but they have signed so many top classes and still needed the portal to fill a couple needs.

Reactions: emekz1 and ocalaman
My Honkey was a major target for Bennett last year. He missed bunch of time with a back injury to start this year. This was his first game back. Had he been healthy before it wouldnt have looked like Bowers was all there is.

Do we want it to be temporary? Verse, Johnny, Benson, Keon, Jordan, Fiske.... all portal. If that level of talent keeps hitting the portal... we better keep taking it. There are teams who use the portal as a filler but we will have some serious draft picks that we got in the portal. I don't think it matters that their freshman or sophomore year they spent with another team.

I think the portal is here to stay and big names will keep entering. I'm convinced you HAVE to use portal now. Sure UGA hasn't really needed to but they have signed so many top classes and still needed the portal to fill a couple needs.
I'm saying find balance. ...or better yet,

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

I'd like to see top 5 recruiting and portal classes, rather than #1 portal and #15 recruiting (as a generic example).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT