ADVERTISEMENT

So after Florida beats UGA…it’s gonna kinda throw things into chaos…

Dawgs are beatable, but my suspicion is they will follow kentucky blueprint and pound the football.

We are not going to beat Georgia. They are not as good as the last 2 years, but are still much better than us, especially on the line of scrimmage. Missouri is the team that could take down the Bulldogs, though. Arkansas is a team we can and should beat, but the rest of our remaining schedule is BRUTAL!!

Reactions: emekz1
We are not going to beat Georgia. They are not as good as the last 2 years, but are still much better than us, especially on the line of scrimmage. Missouri is the team that could take down the Bulldogs, though. Arkansas is a team we can and should beat, but the rest of our remaining schedule is BRUTAL!!
I agree, Dawgs are much better along both lines of scrimmage. We will need Mertz to throw for 400 to have any kind of chance. They will run effectively while we won't be able to get anything going in the run department. Look at Mizzou box scores, most of their games are close.

If our defense shows up and we sling it down the field it's possible. Not having Bowers hurts that offense quite a bit. They have been sluggish in a few games until they started throwing it to him.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
I agree, Dawgs are much better along both lines of scrimmage. We will need Mertz to throw for 400 to have any kind of chance. They will run effectively while we won't be able to get anything going in the run department. Look at Mizzou box scores, most of their games are close.

Just have to hope we can connect on some of the longer stuff. We will have zero chance probably if we revert back to pre-SC. I think our defense may show up a little more than people think and maybe give us a chance to pull this off.

Just have to hope we can connect on some of the longer stuff. We will have zero chance probably if we revert back to pre-SC. I think our defense may show up a little more than people think and maybe give us a chance to pull this off.
Our best offense has been the first half against Tenn. We need that. Passing game is only as effective as our ability to run the ball. Will be difficult.

Reactions: gatordad3
Our best offense has been the first half against Tenn. We need that. Passing game is only as effective as our ability to run the ball. Will be difficult.

That mess against TN won't work imo. They just fell for all that shifting we did. Highly doubt that works great against GA. We have to nail them with some key longer passes and get a little bit of a running game going.

That mess against TN won't work imo. They just fell for all that shifting we did. Highly doubt that works great against GA. We have to nail them with some key longer passes and get a little bit of a running game going.
We ran for almost 200 yards against the vols, and most of that in the first half. My point is that we have to get some type of rushing game going against the puppies. Mertz will need some yards, but any type of running game will help that.

Reactions: Gator Fever
We ran for almost 200 yards against the vols, and most of that in the first half. My point is that we have to get some type of rushing game going against the puppies. Mertz will need some yards, but any type of running game will help that.

My view is we can forgot about running the ball too good on them and the dink and dunk mess won't get it done. Just have to hope the defense shows up and burn them on some longer passes. Have enough of a running game to keep them honest though. Some GA fans claim the secondary is a strength but their D line doesn't get pressure like the past 2 years.

My view is we can forgot about running the ball too good on them and the dink and dunk mess won't get it done. Just have to hope the defense shows up and burn them on some longer passes. Have enough of a running game to keep them honest though. Some GA fans claim the secondary is a strength but their D line doesn't get pressure like the past 2 years.
We can't let them just pin their ears back and come after the QB. Our Oline is the weak spot of our offense and there won't be any time to get off longer throws. Mertz has been running for his life most of the season, and outside of Utah the dawgs will have the best defensive front we've seen this year.

We can't let them just pin their ears back and come after the QB. Our Oline is the weak spot of our offense and there won't be any time to get off longer throws. Mertz has been running for his life most of the season, and outside of Utah the dawgs will have the best defensive front we've seen this year.

There will be time to get throws off we just need to hit some long ones imo like we did in the SC game. Many QBs run around and buy that little extra time in the SEC. If he moves as much as the SC game he will have his chances downfield. If we try dinking and dunking mostly like pre-SC I could see a KY like scenario (our offense) playing out. Won't know until the game but I don't think the odds of beating GA are good at all with our earlier games strategy.

There will be time to get throws off we just need to hit some long ones imo like we did in the SC game. Many QBs run around and buy that little extra time in the SEC. If he moves as much as the SC game he will have his chances downfield. If we try dinking and dunking mostly like pre-SC I could see a KY like scenario (our offense) playing out. Won't know until the game but I don't think the odds of beating GA are good at all with our earlier games strategy.
Well he's had to move around almost every time he drops back this year out of necessity. Our oline ranks very low in pass protection and I get concerned dawgs Dline will spend the afternoon in the backfield.

laugh-scared.gif
Georgia is significantly worse than most expected (except me).

Go Canes!

Reactions: fsu939913
Agree with your last sentence.

Almost time to make this happen. No matter the result though I just hope we are playing aggressive if the game dictates that. Get the ball down the field quite a bit and give the receivers their chance to make a play. Hopefully Wilson shows out this game.

A result of coaching hires that includes (1) thinking you can win with defense alone (2) sipping lemonade by the pool (3) trying to develop an inter mural QB while a top 4 NFL talent wastes his eligibility.(4 and I hope this one changes) you don’t need an OC or special teams coach.

Y'all realize that the fact we weren't inundated with imbecile dawg fans after the game crowing about their blowout speaks volumes about the state of our program and the state of this message board.

It's mildly upsetting.
Isn't this CBN's 2nd season? Norvell had losing records his first two seasons and turned it around in the 3rd. We're not elite, but we certainly don't suck.

Norvell has worked the portal better than anyone.
As a stop gap to fill a Willie and Jimbo depleted roster. The hope was it being temporary while he starts building a solid recruiting class, which he's doing now. Hopefully, he'll find balance in both. He has FSU sitting at #3 for 2024's recruiting class. We'll see. There's a lot of season left and anything can happen, both on the field and in recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT