ADVERTISEMENT

Small Dose Of Reality

markde

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2005
First of all, I'm all in on Billy Napier. From everything that I have read and heard, I think he possesses all of the organizational and leadership skills, and basic coaching skills to build a very successful program. But, the reality is that we are probably in for a 2-3 year build. It was never going to be a seamless or easy transition. And, this class was going to be a disaster under almost any scenario, whether we fired Mullen or kept him. Can you imagine the negative recruiting that would be going on right now by our rivals if SS had decided to give Mullen one last chance and keep him on for one more year as the head coach?

CBN signed a 7-year $51.8 million contract that supposedly has an "85% buyout clause". Which means, HE'S OUR GUY COME HELL OR HIGH WATER for at least the next 4 years. So, sitting around this board and complaining about every single tactical decision that the man and his early staff are making in their VERY FIRST WEEK ON THE JOB, isn't going to help anything or change anything. The reality is that we have AT LEAST the next 4 years of Billy Napier as our head coach. So, I say, give the man a chance! Let him and his staff do their thing, and let them build this their way and with the players they want. Just accept the notion, as I have, that we are probably going to experience some pain over the next 1-2 years, but with the hope that if Billy Napier is as good as most people say he is, we will come out on the other end of this with a lot to be excited about Gator Football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News