ADVERTISEMENT

***COMMIT*** Several RBs are visiting for the Vanderbilt game

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
I posted this yesterday in a thread someone else started, but thought it would be good to have its own thread.

The Gators are expecting several running backs to be in attendance for the Vanderbilt game.

One of them is Florida State commit and Rivals250 all-purpose back, Jaylan Knighton. The Gators weren't recruiting him that hard in the past, and a lot of that was due to his fit schematically. He is more of an all-purpose back and Florida has been recruiting more of the big-bodied ball carriers.

The Gators have turned it up in recent weeks though and the plan is to visit campus next weekend. Ohio State received an official visit over the summertime, while next week's visit to UF will be an unofficial. This one is viewed as more of a wait-and-see.

Rivals250 RB Jo'quavious Marks, a Mississippi State commit, will be in town for an unofficial visit as well.

A source close to the situation tells me Marks has been viewed as a top five RB on the board for several months, so yes, he would be a take and already possesses an offer. Elite offer sheet consisting of Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Auburn, FSU and Miami among others.

Wisconsin hosted him for an official visit last week and that's a program very high on his list right now. Florida will now get its shot next weekend with a big need for a RB in this year's class.

In addition to the Rivals250 prospects, Florida will be hosting the nation's leading rusher as well.

Jalen White, who attends Daleville (Ala.) HS, has been on the Gators' radar for weeks and I know the staff if surprised by the lack of recruiting attention. Coastal Carolina, South Alabama and Tennessee State are some offers on the table, while several P5 programs continue to keep tabs.

I'm not as high on him as some others, but he's definitely been ultra productive. White is a slippery back who shows impressive balance and footwork as well. He recently rushed for nearly 1,000 yards in two games; that's not a typo.

For me, it's just the lack of competition. Not overly explosive, but he's definitely not slow. Just my opinion though, so check out his highlights below. He possesses some intriguing traits, no doubt about it. We will see how serious Florida really is.

I'm told the Gators are hoping to bring up Henry Parrish for a visit next weekend as well.

Several weeks back, Parrish went on record saying the only schools he was considering were Pittsburgh, which he is committed to, and South Carolina, which hosted him for an official visit earlier this season.

However, the Gators are still pushing here and hope to get him on campus next weekend. Some think Parrish was somewhat bothered by the fact it took Florida so long to offer, but the Miami native hasn't said that himself.

It's a long shot, but we will see what happens if Parrish ends up stepping foot on campus. Sometimes that's all you need.

Each of these are/will be unofficial visits.

Reactions: Gators2014
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.