ADVERTISEMENT

SEC East possibilities

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
I think if we beat Georgia its most likely we win out in the SEC and take the East as I don't see KY ending up with just one SEC loss.

A problem for us would be if there was a 3 team tie at 6-2 with us beating Georgia and Georgia beating KY as we won both our SEC West games which would eliminate us in a 3 team tie. I think Georgia would go in that scenario.

I think if we beat Georgia its most likely we win out in the SEC and take the East as I don't see KY ending up with just one SEC loss.

A problem for us would be if there was a 3 team tie at 6-2 with us beating Georgia and Georgia beating KY as we won both our SEC West games which would eliminate us in a 3 team tie. I think Georgia would go in that scenario.
Wait what? Why does beating both of our West opponents eliminate us?

Too many scenarios to keep up with and I know it's a long list of tie breakers but I'm lost on what you said by beating both of our West teams.

We nearly control our own destiny. Just win out and let's see what happens to Kenuck. Beating UGA will be a huge step in the right direction.

Wait what? Why does beating both of our West opponents eliminate us?

Too many scenarios to keep up with and I know it's a long list of tie breakers but I'm lost on what you said by beating both of our West teams.

We nearly control our own destiny. Just win out and let's see what happens to Kenuck. Beating UGA will be a huge step in the right direction.
Because the divison record tiebreaker, we'd have two east divison losses while Uga and UK would only have one in the event we all finish 6-2.

UK and UGA have one conference loss just like us. If we beat UGA and UGA beats UK and we win out we are going to the ccg because UK would have 2 conference losses and we would own the head to head against UGA

Florida controls its own destiny to win the East. No one here thought that would be possible at this point. Mullen doin' work.

Actually its KY and GA that still control their destiny not us technically but I doubt KY can win out in their SEC games. I was just putting the scenario out that we don't need a 3 way tie with those 2 teams or we would be the first one eliminated with the tiebreakers. Probably won't happen but definitely could with how crazy stuff has been.

Actually its KY and GA that still control their destiny not us technically but I doubt KY can win out in their SEC games. I was just putting the scenario out that we don't need a 3 way tie with those 2 teams or we would be the first one eliminated with the tiebreakers. Probably won't happen but definitely could with how crazy stuff has been.

Over the last month Florida has looked better than Georgia.

Gator Fever most have drank a whole handle of Jack Daniels by himself...if Fever comes around you know Mullen has done the impossible.

The fact that we could still conceivably win the East at this point is a testament to the culture and coaching talent that Dan Mullen brings.

This is just year one, imagine what this team will look like in a couple years....

Getting ahead of myself, this season is still there for the taking. If we beat Georgia, ...let's just get that win and then we can talk about the bigger picture.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The fact that we could still conceivably win the East at this point is a testament to the culture and coaching talent that Dan Mullen brings.

This is just year one, imagine what this team will look like in a couple years....

Getting ahead of myself, this season is still there for the taking. If we beat Georgia, ...let's just get that win and then we can talk about the bigger picture.

I do give him a lot of credit for getting what he has out of the offense recently. It does show he isn't hard headed and does try to do what can work best with what he has.

Last edited:

If he can't bring in the studs, it really won't matter. You can't win in the SEC having bottom 10 talent. Nobody has ever done it.

Reactions: _VolFan4675
UK was off this week; you guys and UGA have an open date this coming weekend.

UK’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/20 - Vandy at home
10/27 - @ Mizzou
11/3 - UGA at home
11/10 - @ UT

UGA’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/27 - vs UF
11/3 - @ UK
11/10 - Auburn at home

UF’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/27 - vs UGA
11/3 - Mizzou at home
11/10 - USC at home

Obviously the team that wins out wins the East. Just happy to see UK with a plausible shot to win the division this late in the season, although they/we have the toughest path of the three to get there.
You guys were still in the chase at this point last season or the season before and also in 2007 too, no?

UK was off this week; you guys and UGA have an open date this coming weekend.

UK’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/20 - Vandy at home
10/27 - @ Mizzou
11/3 - UGA at home
11/10 - @ UT

UGA’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/27 - vs UF
11/3 - @ UK
11/10 - Auburn at home

UF’s remaining SEC schedule:

10/27 - vs UGA
11/3 - Mizzou at home
11/10 - USC at home

Obviously the team that wins out wins the East. Just happy to see UK with a plausible shot to win the division this late in the season, although they/we have the toughest path of the three to get there.
It would be so awesome just to knock UGA out of it even if UK were to win the East...

If we beat Georgia, UGA would drop out of the top 10, if UGA beats UK then UK would drop out of the top 10. If we win out then we will be ranked higher in the round robin so we will win the East. After that, noway we win the SEC the way Bama is playing, they are just too talented and nobody has yet figured out how to beat Saban and his thinking...

If we beat Georgia, UGA would drop out of the top 10, if UGA beats UK then UK would drop out of the top 10. If we win out then we will be ranked higher in the round robin so we will win the East. After that, noway we win the SEC the way Bama is playing, they are just too talented and nobody has yet figured out how to beat Saban and his thinking...
If we beat UGA (and win out) and UGA beats UK, we win automatically regardless of rankings.

Not a troll, Just don't see anyone left on the schedule beating UF

We have another Vandy 3 turnover-type road game, at Mizzou or USCe, and we will get our asses handed to us. We have to bring our A+ game to beat UGa. I'll believe we beat FSU when I see it. They pull too many rabbits out of their hat. Pretty confident about Idaho.

We could win them all, we could also go 2-3. Good coaching and clever playcalling has masked several deficiencies, but those deficiencies still exist. To look at a team with two elite groups (DLine and Rbacks) and the rest all being average, and say they will definitely go 5-0 against a pretty solid lineup of games, you are either a blind homer or a troll. And you aren't a blind homer.

We have another Vandy 3 turnover-type road game, at Mizzou or USCe, and we will get our asses handed to us. We have to bring our A+ game to beat UGa. I'll believe we beat FSU when I see it. They pull too many rabbits out of their hat. Pretty confident about Idaho.

We could win them all, we could also go 2-3. Good coaching and clever playcalling has masked several deficiencies, but those deficiencies still exist. To look at a team with two elite groups (DLine and Rbacks) and the rest all being average, and say they will definitely go 5-0 against a pretty solid lineup of games, you are either a blind homer or a troll. And you aren't a blind homer.
We have flaws and I’m not going to predict how we will do in our remaining games as upsets happen and you have “off” days but we are better than FSU, Mizzou, USC and Idaho. I believe FSU has better talent than we do but they are probably the worst coached team we play the rest of the way.

We have flaws and I’m not going to predict how we will do in our remaining games as upsets happen and you have “off” days but we are better than FSU, Mizzou, USC and Idaho. I believe FSU has better talent than we do but they are probably the worst coached team we play the rest of the way.

That's a far cry from saying that losing another game would be a "catastrophic meltdown".

Reactions: PacoGator19
If Gators beat Georgia love our chances. Cannot see KY running the table, although do recognize this is perhaps the best team they have ever had. Still cannot see it. No guarantee a Georgia win leads to FL running table either, but still like the winner of that game in Atlanta.

I have a feeling Missouri will beat KY this coming weekend. That would clear things out where we control our own destiny also if we beat Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT