ADVERTISEMENT

***COMMIT*** Scoop: Florida has made contact with a former five-star RB who is in the transfer portal

Joseph Hastings

Bull Gator
Staff
Jul 20, 2017

Hey all,

I just had the opportunity to exchange messages with Lorenzo Lingard, who recently entered the NCAA Transfer Portal after two years with the Miami Hurricanes.

Lingard, a former five-star prospect on Rivals, tells me that he spoke with UF running backs coach Greg Knox today. He didn't dive deep into the nature of the conversation, but said they talked about who Lingard is as a person and an athlete.

No visit was set up to the Swamp, but Lingard told me that he doesn't need to take a trip to the school.

"I'm an hour down the road," Lingard said when asked if he'll be checking out the campus. "I've seen Florida in my dreams for the past three months. I don't need a visit."

We also got to talk about which other program(s) besides Florida are in the mix for his services.

"Ohio [State] is pushing hard, but it's two great programs with good people," Lingard said. "I'm from Florida."

While he didn't go as far as to say that UF is the favorite to land him, Lingard did offer up this quote.

"The Gators are a team that I think would be a family for me," Lingard said.

As of right now, Lingard said he doesn't have a time frame for when he will be making a decision.

Stay tuned to GatorsTerritory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.