ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored that Jacob Copeland is cleared to return

GatorGraz

Baby Gator
Sep 18, 2018
Gainesville, Fl
Copeland went back to his hometown and apparently released a statement to a local reporter that he will be fully cleared to return to action for LSU game. Hes apparently been going full speed in the weight room and on the field. He will join an already deep wide receiving group so I am not sure how Mullen will try to incorporate him into the mix. He was a highly sought after recruit and #69 overall recruit from last years haul.

On another note, it was nice seen Kyle Pitts make a big time catch on third down late in that game saturday. He has a nice frame at 6-6 246. He was lined up as a WR on that play. Good things to come!

Reactions: oozie7
We have a bunch of good receivers. We just need an O-line that can pass protect so they can run their routes and give the QB time to survey the field.

Reactions: oozie7
Excited to see him. I can’t wait to see Krull and Pitts in the future though. Those are some big bogs who can run. Im picturing next years offense already with Grimes, Jefferson, Swain, and Toney out wide with those two monsters at TE. Yes!

We have a bunch of good receivers. We just need an O-line that can pass protect so they can run their routes and give the QB time to survey the field.

I felt the offensive line and overall team blocking has improved significantly since Kentucky game. Franks had some time to operate and survey the field and when it wasn't there, he took a jog for a few yards. Wide receivers are blocking well on the outside which is a trademark for a Mullen offense. If you don't block as a WR then you wont see the field.

Reactions: 96-06-08GATOR
Excited to see him. I can’t wait to see Krull and Pitts in the future though. Those are some big bogs who can run. Im picturing next years offense already with Grimes, Jefferson, Swain, and Toney out wide with those two monsters at TE. Yes!

I couldn't agree more! I am also excited to see what kind of player Jalon Jones can develop into under Mullens guidance. He has all the physical assets of a player that thrives in a Mullen offense.

I thought they did well this past Saturday. Getting them experience is the key and Mullen knows that is the number one weakness in the offense. I cannot wait until next season because this offense is going to be lights out just hopefully Franks can hop the football stands so he can get faster because right now he is very very slow!!! Most likely the slowest QB in all college football!!!

I thought they did well this past Saturday. Getting them experience is the key and Mullen knows that is the number one weakness in the offense. I cannot wait until next season because this offense is going to be lights out just hopefully Franks can hop the football stands so he can get faster because right now he is very very slow!!! Most likely the slowest QB in all college football!!!
My perception was the that O-line looked better because Mullen called more quick passes and plays where the line didn't need to hold blocks very long. Franks likes to chunk it deep and did that a lot last year. But Mullen recognizes our weaknesses and knows that the QB normally won't have enough time to allow the receivers to run deep routes. And that's the mark of a good coach. Understanding strengths and weakness, then calling plays that enhance the good and minimize the bad.

Copeland is most likely in the slot, or taking direct snaps...
They might give him a few plays, but it's going to be tough for him to beat out the starters.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Copeland is most likely in the slot, or taking direct snaps...
They might give him a few plays, but it's going to be tough for him to beat out the starters.

Lol okay.
Based on what?

Slot? Sure. Direct snaps?

And that's it? God you're awful.

Copeland is talented but I don’t see him playing much at this point. Whose spot exactly is he going to take in the lineup when your returning to the team after 5 games and your a true freshmen? Not to mention the WRs are performing well right now.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Copeland is talented but I don’t see him playing much at this point. Whose spot exactly is he going to take in the lineup when your returning to the team after 5 games and your a true freshmen? Not to mention the WRs are performing well right now.

Cleveland. He has bricks for hands.

Reactions: seffnergator
247 Composite:

Player: Jacob Copeland Fr
Hometown: Pensacola Florida
School: Escambia
Position: #8 WR, 52/100, .9722 ****
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 198
Vertical: - 37.4
40 Time: 4.44
SPARQ Rating: 112.71
===============

Player: Tyrie Cleveland Jr
Hometown: - Houston, Tx
Position: - #3 WR, #34 Overall: .9810 ****
Height: 6-2
Weight:
Vertical: - 39.1"
40 Time: 4.38
SPARQ Rating - 117.13

================

WR Depth Chart for LSU:

Van / Grimes
Cleveland / Toney
Hammond / Swain

Who is Copeland going to replace in the 2 deep?

It’s quality depth and Cleveland isn’t exactly lighting it up this year. Jefferson disappears in games at times. Swain and grimes have played well when called upon. Most would have said the same about Damien Pierce when you looked at our depth before the season started. Now he’s our leading rusher with the least amount of touches. You never know what guys can bring to the table until they are put in live games.

Lol okay.
Based on what?

Slot? Sure. Direct snaps?

And that's it? God you're awful.

Please continue to run your village-idiot mouth, I find you amusing, when I can stand the boring drivel :confused: long enough to laugh.. :cool:

You never know what guys can bring to the table until they are put in live games.

Exactly why I'm not gushing over true Fr Copeland. He looks to have great future potential, and I'm hoping that he does great when he's given a chance, but until he's put in a live game and shows us something, I'll take a 'wait and see' attitude. Those other 6 are all proven commodities for now.

And if you watch his HS highlights, he plays Slot, WR, RB, and Wildcat.
I don't know where CDM intends to play him, but there are several options.

That’s a 6 receiver set who throws the ball?:D

TE Krull threw the pass to Franks... :cool:

==========

Play TE Raymond at FB I said weeks ago.
From the FB position, he caught the 1st TD vs Tenn.
From the FB position, he made a kick-out block to help Franks get a 1st down @ MsSt.
From the FB position, he made the kick-out block on Perine's 1st TD run vs LSU.
Raymond has been a 4.0 at the FB position so far, and he's always emotionally 'in the game.'

Stevens is the best TE, as I've said for years now....o_O

Jus-dam dunny-goater, I sure wish I knew as much as you and your fellow jerks about football, instead of just doing that stats cut & paste thingy.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I care nothing about stats at this point. All I know is that Dan Mullen has these guys playing their hearts out, has injected fun back into the program, is calling plays that give the offense a chance to succeed and the defense is flying around all over the field. I;m impressed and ecstatic.

Without the wins, the fun won't happen or continue. :cool:

BTW, the W/L record is the #1 Stat... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT