ADVERTISEMENT

Ruble hits 7-year high as gas buyers bow to Putin's payment mandate...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

On Friday the ruble surged to the highest level in seven years against the euro, thanks in large part to the Putin-ordered mandatory conversion of foreign currency by export-focused companies, also as China and India (and much of Europe) are still buying Russia's energy and agricultural products... despite the loud the threats coming from Washington, which have lately included a potential move to block Russian sovereign debt payments.

At this point the Russian currency is about 20% stronger than pre-invasion, as the war grinds on into its fourth month. Jumping as much as 9% against the Euro, the ruble last hit this level in June 2015...

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988

On Friday the ruble surged to the highest level in seven years against the euro, thanks in large part to the Putin-ordered mandatory conversion of foreign currency by export-focused companies, also as China and India (and much of Europe) are still buying Russia's energy and agricultural products... despite the loud the threats coming from Washington, which have lately included a potential move to block Russian sovereign debt payments.

At this point the Russian currency is about 20% stronger than pre-invasion, as the war grinds on into its fourth month. Jumping as much as 9% against the Euro, the ruble last hit this level in June 2015...

MAGA had the Russian pipeline shut down and Murica energy independent

Reactions: Gator Fever

This was a ballsy and genius move by Putin. Talking with my financial guy, he agreed but said the gains will only be temporary.

I didn't fully understand his explanation.

This was a ballsy and genius move by Putin. Talking with my financial guy, he agreed but said the gains will only be temporary.

I didn't fully understand his explanation.

I think in a few months we will be talking about how western Europe was hurt more than Russia. Our food prices are set to take off even more soon with all that fertilizer and grain stuff going on. In some parts of the world more dependent on it there will be major riots coming over lack of food and high food prices soon I think.

I know the sanctions hurt both sides but Americans are going to grow tired of this real soon. Russia is literally having their spokespeople say how does it feel with gas and food exploding in prices in the US and your people better get used to it of you want to play this game.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I think in a few months we will be talking about how western Europe was hurt more than Russia. Our food prices are set to take off even more soon with all that fertilizer and grain stuff going on. In some parts of the world more dependent on it there will be major riots coming over lack of food and high food prices soon I think.

I know the sanctions hurt both sides but Americans are going to grow tired of this real soon. Russia is literally having theor spokespeople say how does it feel with gas and food exploding in prices in the US and your people better get used to it of you want to play this game.

The poorest people on earth will absolutely starve due to the fertilizer and grain shortages. It's unavoidable at this point.

Poopy Joe 💩 has officially murdered the U.S. dollar already! Add to that buying oil from Russia, Venezuela, & friggin Iran! Disgusting!😡😡😡😡

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT