ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rivals250 RB schedules visit date with the Gators, to push back decision timeline

Corey Bender

Administrator
Mar 26, 2018
Hey all,

I hinted about this on Monday, but Rivals250 RB Jaylon Glover tells me he will be in Gainesville on July 30 for Friday Night Lights.

Not only is the Polk County native visiting UF, his childhood favorite school, but now he's planning on pushing back his decision timeline. He was initially planning to decide in a week or two.

"I will be at Florida for their Friday Night Lights event," Glover told me. "I probably won’t commit until I see Florida."

On Tuesday afternoon, the Lakeland Lake Gibson standout released a top five of Florida, Florida State, South Carolina, Utah and Georgia Tech. Other than the Gators, each of those programs have already received an official visit. Tennessee received one as well, but UF replaced them in the top five.

As time goes on, I think it's more and more likely that Glover ends up in UF's class. It's just where the running back room stands out right now. I still believe Terrance Gibbs ends up in this class, while Kaytron Allen is a strong possibility as well. I think those are real realistic targets as of today.

Omarion Hampton, Damari Alston and George Pettaway will more than likely play elsewhere. Hampton and Pettaway might actually team up together at UNC, which would be massive for the Tar Heels, while Alston, in my opinion, ends up at LSU, Georgia Tech, Florida State or Penn State.

Also, keep an eye on Rivals100 all-purpose back Trevor Etienne. His brother is former Clemson standout, Travis Etienne, who now plays for the Jaguars. He visited Florida last week and I'm told he was very impressed by everything they showed him. Considering he will likely attend some of his brother's games, it makes UF even more appealing since it's Jax is not too far from Gainesville. Just keep his name on the back burner for now. We will see if anything develops there.

But going back to Glover, Florida was his school and it's the offer he really wanted. Now he is delaying his decision and has the Gators in his top five. I might submit a FutureCast prediction here soon, but I'm going to wait a little longer. It's a little early for that.

CLICK HERE for my recent interview with Glover.

“It's definitely a dream offer for me and I'm just excited to see how this thing rolls out. When I was growing up, all I saw was the Florida Gators."

Multiple players from Polk County recently reached out to Glover as well, including Demarkcus Bowman, Keon Zipperer and Gervon Dexter.

- CB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News