ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Pete Rose

Regardless of what you think of him personally, guy was one of the greatest hitters of all time.
That dude got wronged.

In today’s culture of betonline.com’s and PED’s and everything going on in sports, what he did was nothing. It is shameful that he was never admitted into the Hall of Fame…and sadgator wasn’t even really a fan…

That dude got wronged.

In today’s culture of betonline.com’s and PED’s and everything going on in sports, what he did was nothing. It is shameful that he was never admitted into the Hall of Fame…and sadgator wasn’t even really a fan…
Ty Cobb is in the hall and he was such a role model. (Heavy sarcasm).

That dude got wronged.

I'm part of the minority that thinks the rules at the time should always be upheld. Though I do understand ppl that think this way about Pete and guys like Reggie Bush.

You play at the time of the rules you were given. Pete should never go to the haul and Bush shouldn't have been given back the Heisman. They cheated and knew it - you are out!! lol

That dude got wronged.

You're basically saying integrity is dead. I suspect that once the boomers are gone, Rose will get in.

I'm part of the minority that thinks the rules at the time should always be upheld. Though I do understand ppl that think this way about Pete and guys like Reggie Bush.

You play at the time of the rules you were given. Pete should never go to the haul and Bush shouldn't have been given back the Heisman. They cheated and knew it - you are out!! lol
OK, boomer.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
That dude got wronged.

Yep unless he ever bet against his own team I think they went too far. I think his bets on his own team were always for them to win.

Even in the context of betting being everywhere and advertising during games, the guy did bet on games he was managing.

I can understand banning him from working for teams, but he should be in the hall.

This is the crux of it. I loved him as a player, but he crossed a line.

I think the only huge line crossed to do him that way would be betting against your own team.

the thing is, you don't know that he didn't - which is why they rule of "no betting" is so strict. He says he didn't, but he lied for decades about betting at all, so he is not to be believed.

That dude got wronged.

He'll be let in now. They just didn't want him to have the experience. One of the best hitters ever and Charlie Hustler was an appropriate nickname.

The Pete Rose saga was particularly eggregous. I mean, the guy lied about everything up and only to the point where it was proven. He lied for like 20 years that he never bet on baseball. Then MLB released the data showing he in fact did. Then Rose splie the argument to he only bet on his team - then it was proven that wasn't true.

He was a fatally flawed individual for sure - greek tragedy.

I don't feel bad for him - I think had he comp'd to the truth immediatly and not burned 20+ years continually lying about ish, he may have made it in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT