ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans Love Handouts Until Black People Benefit From Them

you likely dont have much money, but youre house will go down bigly we dont have the stimi prez anymore....
I am in my final house...I could not care LESS about its value. I have no children! Funny thing is...my value went UP BIGLY for Trumps 4 years! so did my income! (so did EVERYONE else's) Funny how gas, groceries, power and EVERYTHING I buy has gone WAY up since the idiot that stole the election got in office! And the housing market is tanking, because of the high interest rates (were SO LOW under Trump) Brandon has caused because he is printing all of the money to pay for below average lefties stimi

I said America hates black people?
(Pssst "America" is black people too...)

Gatorshimes resorts to being "obtuse" when losing an argument

Did I say you were a racist?

I think you can't admit that race has been..and still is...a factor in ALL lending

Don't move "goalposts"...
100% a lie. Maybe for WAY below average people who make excuses for their under achieving lives maybe!

I am in my final house...I could not care LESS about its value. I have no children! Funny thing is...my value went UP BIGLY for Trumps 4 years! so did my income! (so did EVERYONE else's) Funny how gas, groceries, power and EVERYTHING I buy has gone WAY up since the idiot that stole the election got in office! And the housing market is tanking, because of the high interest rates (were SO LOW under Trump) Brandon has caused because he is printing all of the money to pay for below average lefties stimi
of course it did, he was a raging free money liberal, just like you.

Apples and oranges my friend.

Do I think the student loan industry is predatory as hell? Yes!

I still think that unless you signed the paperwork at gunpoint, you were fully cognizant of what you were getting into.

Race has no bearing on it.

edited:

Additionally, to paraphrase Chris Rock, because he's effed up that means it's OK for everyone else to be effed up too?

Let me state categorically that who ever you are, if you signed a contract to repay a loan, you should pay it back, no matter who you are.

If you can find a post where I've ever defended Trumps shady business dealings, The Trump Foundation, Trump University or his multiple bankruptcies, I'd like to see it. I am not a water carrier for him or the GOP.
I agree that race has nothing to do with it.

My point is both sides signed up a promise to pay the money back, and are now being forgiven. I also agree that one you commit to something, you should fulfill your obligations. HOWEVER, with both our bankruptcy laws and the student loan relief program, there are economic favors involved. In both examples, there is little chance of collecting the money anyway so economically speaking it’s just a way to clean up the balance sheet. It doesn’t really affect anyone else other than just adding to the national debt.

And obviously there are political reasons. Both sides buy votes with giveaways. Just to different groups.

How do we stop the cycle?​

To stop this cycle, we must have better transparency, common sense caps on borrowing, risk sharing for colleges, and disqualification of schools with consistently poor student outcomes. Unfortunately, while the Biden plan gives lip service to college accountability, its only new initiatives are to publish a watch list of programs with the high debt levels and require “institutional improvement plans” from the worst college actors. This treats moral hazard and rent seeking as a narrow problem confined to specific programs or institutions, when in fact it is systemic throughout higher education finance.

How do we stop the cycle?​

To stop this cycle, we must have better transparency, common sense caps on borrowing, risk sharing for colleges, and disqualification of schools with consistently poor student outcomes. Unfortunately, while the Biden plan gives lip service to college accountability, its only new initiatives are to publish a watch list of programs with the high debt levels and require “institutional improvement plans” from the worst college actors. This treats moral hazard and rent seeking as a narrow problem confined to specific programs or institutions, when in fact it is systemic throughout higher education finance.
did someone hack your account? Is this Bsucks boyfriend? I realize it is cut and paste...but Bsuck would never post anything like this

Reactions: LinksGator
Why can we not limit the number of characters posted or require cut and pasted material be limited to the same size or smaller than Gone With the Wind?

I have a daughter who tutored a fellow masters student and whose grades were far inferior to my daughter's. When the friend got accepted to a medical school to which my daughter was denied admission and my daughter asked her interviewer why, she was told that she was not "dark" enough. That is the day I learned of racism, so please do not attempt to lecture me a&&hole Ghostboy.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
100% a lie. Maybe for WAY below average people who make excuses for their under achieving lives maybe!

That would be white supremacists like you who can't compete on a level playing field

And even when every institution in this country is designed to be in their favor you still see the white grievance that infects them

Their own personal failure isn't their fault...

That would be white supremacists like you who can't compete on a level playing field

And even when every institution in this country is designed to be in their favor you still see the white grievance that infects them

There is no such thing as white supremacy, it is a made up boogie man from the left and you you’re a useful idiot for believing in it, just like the millions of other things they make up, it’s all fake outrage.

Now, answer to why you support pedophilia.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-recovers-286m-stolen-pandemic-143229853.html
Secret Service recovers $286M in stolen pandemic loans
FATIMA HUSSEIN
Fri, August 26, 2022 at 10:32 AM·2 min read

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. Secret Service said Friday that it has recovered $286 million in fraudulently obtained pandemic loans and is returning the money to the Small Business Administration.

The Secret Service said an investigation initiated by its Orlando office found that alleged conspirators submitted Economic Injury Disaster Loan applications by using fake or stolen employment and personal information and used an online bank, Green Dot, to conceal and move their criminal proceeds.

The agency worked with Green Dot to identify roughly 15,000 accounts and seize $286 million connected to the accounts.

“This forfeiture effort and those to come are a direct and necessary response to the unprecedented size and scope of pandemic relief fraud," said Kevin Chambers, director for COVID-19 fraud enforcement at the Justice Department.

Billions have been fraudulently claimed through various pandemic relief programs — including Paycheck Protection Program loans, unemployment insurance and others that were rolled out in the midst of the worldwide pandemic that shutdown global economies for months.

In March, the Government Accountability Office reported that while agencies were able to distribute COVID-19 relief funds quickly, “the tradeoff was that they did not have systems in place to prevent and identify payment errors and fraud" due in part to “financial management weaknesses.”

As a result, the GAO has recommended several measures for agencies to prevent pandemic program fraud in the future, including better reporting on their fraud risk management efforts.

Since 2020, the Secret Service initiated more than 3,850 pandemic related fraud investigations, seized over $1.4 billion in fraudulently obtained funds and helped to return $2.3 billion to state unemployment insurance programs.

The latest seizure included a collaboration of efforts between Secret Service, the SBA's Inspector General, DOJ and other offices.

Hannibal “Mike” Ware, the Small Business Administration's inspector general, said the joint investigations will continue "to ensure that taxpayer dollars obtained through fraudulent means will be returned to taxpayers and fraudsters involved face justice.”

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3

Not that I've read any of your stupid posts but....

giphy.gif

I said America hates black people?
(Pssst "America" is black people too...)

Gatorshimes resorts to being "obtuse" when losing an argument

Did I say you were a racist?

I think you can't admit that race has been..and still is...a factor in ALL lending

Don't move "goalposts"...
You poor lil bastard! You're no different than these stupid ass white libtards, who are racist.
Hey look, Shime calling someone else Shime.

I agree that race has nothing to do with it.

My point is both sides signed up a promise to pay the money back, and are now being forgiven. I also agree that one you commit to something, you should fulfill your obligations. HOWEVER, with both our bankruptcy laws and the student loan relief program, there are economic favors involved. In both examples, there is little chance of collecting the money anyway so economically speaking it’s just a way to clean up the balance sheet. It doesn’t really affect anyone else other than just adding to the national debt.

And obviously there are political reasons. Both sides buy votes with giveaways. Just to different groups.
god forbid the government cut rates on everyones mortgages and other debt to the tune of trillions in savings, buying bonds and mortgages to further jam donw interest rates all funded by the savers of the country, where are the faux cons when real handouts are given???

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Why does the trumpanzee crew here lie to itself in public?

Do you foam at the mouth when your grievance takes over you?
Wow! It took you a whole day to think of this response? I see I triggered you with those awesome videos that you edited them out of my quotes.
violin.gif

• Haha
Wow! It took you a whole day to think of this response? I see I triggered you with those awesome videos that you edited them out of my quotes.
violin.gif

I don't live on this board like you do obviously...was busy living life on Saturday

Videos "triggered" me? Wishful thinking...I didn't even bother looking at them
So are you now admitting you read my posts...or are you still claiming you don't?

Bipolar much? 🤣

I don't live on this board like you do obviously...was busy living life on Saturday

Videos "triggered" me? Wishful thinking...I didn't even bother looking at them
So are you now admitting you read my posts...or are you still claiming you don't?

Bipolar much? 🤣
Some numbskull needs to count to see who makes most of the threads. (hint hint)

MEATHEAD. He will ALWAYS be meathead..and he is one

Always funny to see the inherently average in their life "player hate" on imminently more successful people

Robert Norman Reiner (born March 6, 1947) is an American actor and filmmaker. As an actor, Reiner first came to national prominence with the role of Michael Stivic on the CBS sitcom All in the Family (1971–1979), a performance that earned him two Primetime Emmy Awards.

As a director, Reiner was recognized by the Directors Guild of America Awards with nominations for the coming of age drama Stand by Me (1986), the romantic comedy When Harry Met Sally... (1989), and the military courtroom drama A Few Good Men (1992), the last of which also earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Picture. He has also received four nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Director.

Reiner's other major directorial film credits include the heavy metal mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap (1984), the romantic comedy fantasy adventure The Princess Bride (1987), the psychological horror-thriller Misery (1990), the romantic comedy-drama The American President (1995), the buddy comedy-drama The Bucket List (2007), and the biographical political drama LBJ (2016).

Reiner also appeared in a number of his films and various others, including Throw Momma from the Train (1987), Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Bullets Over Broadway (1994), The First Wives Club (1996), Primary Colors (1998), EDtv (1999), and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013).

Always funny to see the inherently average in their life "player hate" on imminently more successful people

Robert Norman Reiner (born March 6, 1947) is an American actor and filmmaker. As an actor, Reiner first came to national prominence with the role of Michael Stivic on the CBS sitcom All in the Family (1971–1979), a performance that earned him two Primetime Emmy Awards.

As a director, Reiner was recognized by the Directors Guild of America Awards with nominations for the coming of age drama Stand by Me (1986), the romantic comedy When Harry Met Sally... (1989), and the military courtroom drama A Few Good Men (1992), the last of which also earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Picture. He has also received four nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Director.

Reiner's other major directorial film credits include the heavy metal mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap (1984), the romantic comedy fantasy adventure The Princess Bride (1987), the psychological horror-thriller Misery (1990), the romantic comedy-drama The American President (1995), the buddy comedy-drama The Bucket List (2007), and the biographical political drama LBJ (2016).

Reiner also appeared in a number of his films and various others, including Throw Momma from the Train (1987), Sleepless in Seattle (1993), Bullets Over Broadway (1994), The First Wives Club (1996), Primary Colors (1998), EDtv (1999), and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013).
eminently.

And I do think, sadly, race and class still have effect in the lending industry in 2022.

I just think that it's poor people, not black people, that are the target in the student loan instance.

Unless you can cite a case of a white student and a black student with the same income and credit rating getting different interest rates. If you can, you win the argument.

eminently.

And I do think, sadly, race and class still have effect in the lending industry in 2022.

I just think that it's poor people, not black people, that are the target in the student loan instance.

Unless you can cite a case of a white student and a black student with the same income and credit rating getting different interest rates. If you can, you win the argument.

I win.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/rep...-charged-higher-interest-rates-student-loans/

REPORT: HBCU GRADUATES ARE CHARGED HIGHER INTEREST RATES ON STUDENT LOANS​

Dana Givens February 26, 2020

Black and Hispanic college students already have their own set of problems when starting college but it turns out their background can also dictate the interest rate of the student loans compared to their peers.

The Student Borrower Protection Center recently revealed a damning report examining how the use of education data in underwriting private student loans creates economic and racial inequality for borrowers. Companies, including Wells Fargo and Upstart, are being accused of “educational redlining” borrowers by raising the price of credit for marginalized groups. Researchers found that when they plugged in fake background information to pose as graduates of HBCUs like Howard University, students were found to be charged an additional $3,500 for a $30,000 five year loan. Students attending predominantly Hispanic institutions like New Mexico State University were found to be charged even more in comparison to non-minority students attending institutions like New York University.

“It seems apparent when you do the side-by-side comparisons that where this hypothetical borrower went to school mattered in terms of how Upstart measured their creditworthiness, and that to Upstart there’s a penalty for attending an HBCU or HSI,” says Kat Welbeck, a civil rights counsel at the Student Borrower Protection Center. “What we found raises serious alarms and warrants immediate attention by lawmakers.” She continues on to say that the research was alarming considering the important legacy of HBCUs and HSIs have in providing access to higher education for under served groups.

“There’s no other explanation that we can really come to terms with other than the fact that where this borrower went to school mattered in terms of how Upstart measured their creditworthiness,” Welbeck said.

Lending site, Upstart, responded to the reports in stride. “We definitely appreciate the intent,” Upstart CEO Dave Girouard told NPR. The former senior executive at Google argues that he founded Upstart to use technology to make credit more available. Girouard said the company looks way beyond your credit score, considering over a thousand other factors that can affect eligibility. “Our entire mission and the reason we get out of bed every morning is to improve access to affordable credit,” Girouard continued. “So we are absolutely supportive of the intent that credit shouldn’t be biased or unfair in any way.”

Wells Fargo also replied in a statement disagreeing with the organization’s recent findings. “Wells Fargo has a long standing commitment to providing access to financing for students attending community colleges,” the bank says. “We follow responsible lending practices that take into account expected performance outcomes and are confident that our loan programs conform with fair lending expectations and principles.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Your reading comprehension is lacking. There's no mention of income or credit score.
I win.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/rep...-charged-higher-interest-rates-student-loans/

REPORT: HBCU GRADUATES ARE CHARGED HIGHER INTEREST RATES ON STUDENT LOANS​

Dana Givens February 26, 2020

Black and Hispanic college students already have their own set of problems when starting college but it turns out their background can also dictate the interest rate of the student loans compared to their peers.

The Student Borrower Protection Center recently revealed a damning report examining how the use of education data in underwriting private student loans creates economic and racial inequality for borrowers. Companies, including Wells Fargo and Upstart, are being accused of “educational redlining” borrowers by raising the price of credit for marginalized groups. Researchers found that when they plugged in fake background information to pose as graduates of HBCUs like Howard University, students were found to be charged an additional $3,500 for a $30,000 five year loan. Students attending predominantly Hispanic institutions like New Mexico State University were found to be charged even more in comparison to non-minority students attending institutions like New York University.

“It seems apparent when you do the side-by-side comparisons that where this hypothetical borrower went to school mattered in terms of how Upstart measured their creditworthiness, and that to Upstart there’s a penalty for attending an HBCU or HSI,” says Kat Welbeck, a civil rights counsel at the Student Borrower Protection Center. “What we found raises serious alarms and warrants immediate attention by lawmakers.” She continues on to say that the research was alarming considering the important legacy of HBCUs and HSIs have in providing access to higher education for under served groups.

“There’s no other explanation that we can really come to terms with other than the fact that where this borrower went to school mattered in terms of how Upstart measured their creditworthiness,” Welbeck said.

Lending site, Upstart, responded to the reports in stride. “We definitely appreciate the intent,” Upstart CEO Dave Girouard told NPR. The former senior executive at Google argues that he founded Upstart to use technology to make credit more available. Girouard said the company looks way beyond your credit score, considering over a thousand other factors that can affect eligibility. “Our entire mission and the reason we get out of bed every morning is to improve access to affordable credit,” Girouard continued. “So we are absolutely supportive of the intent that credit shouldn’t be biased or unfair in any way.”

Wells Fargo also replied in a statement disagreeing with the organization’s recent findings. “Wells Fargo has a long standing commitment to providing access to financing for students attending community colleges,” the bank says. “We follow responsible lending practices that take into account expected performance outcomes and are confident that our loan programs conform with fair lending expectations and principles.”
Once again, that's not what that says. It also says right in the article, before HBC, community college.

The key words here are marginalized groups. That would include poor people.
The data is also confusing, it says they posed as graduates. So what kind of loan were they applying for? Was it a post secondary degree?

I want to see the entire criteria, and not for two banks.

so let's try this again.

Two students, one white, one black with the same income and credit score going to the same school.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/republicans-love-handouts-until-black-180700713.html
Republicans Love Handouts Until Black People Benefit From Them
Murjani Rawls
Fri, August 26, 2022 at 2:07 PM·3 min read

Like many of Black Americans, I had to take out loans to pay for college. More than 57% of Black people have received a pell grant (and more than 75% of students attending HBCUs). It’s America’s catch-22, where you need education to find employment to live comfortably. However, if you don’t have the wealth to pay for it, you’ll end up working to pay that off for the rest of your working career. For Black people, that means paying off a mortgage worth of debt while not even having a house.

This is why the Biden administration’s move to forgive up to $20,000 in Pell Grant debt and cap payments at 5% of a person’s income will help Black Americans across the country who have been bogged down financially. Now, families might be able to put more towards savings, buy a house or a car, and pay down other debts. But of course, Republican lawmakers couldn’t wait to demonize this move.

A key suppression tactic by Republicans is romanticizing struggle. Since the Biden administration announced their student loan forgiveness plan, Republicans have flooded the internet telling old stories about how their grandfather had to work at the steel mill for years to pay for college. This is without mentioning tuition, and the cost of living was much cheaper back then.

Most of their anger stems from a belief that has progressed throughout American history. As long as you work hard, you’ll eventually become rich and famous. We know this is not true, especially with the socio-economic racism and prejudices Black people endured. The government decides to help minorities once, and Republicans want to fix their faces and rally against “handouts.” Just like the term “woke” has been co-opted with racist intentions, help has now turned into “handouts.”

They were quiet when they received thousands of dollars in PPP loans which were later forgiven with no strings attached. (Thankfully, people have been calling them out on it.) Only 49% of Black businesses who applied for those loans got approved. Republicans don’t have anything to say about the Trump tax cuts where 60% percent of tax savings went to the top 20% of the income ladder. Let’s not even get started on how many times we’ve given “handouts” to the airline and banking industries only for them to lay off workers. But, no, Black people receiving financial help is the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

So, what’s the Republican plan to help the millions of people who have to pay down student debt and fight unfair interest rates? I’ll save you some time – they don’t have one. If anything, they will try to make people feel guilty that the government is doing what it’s supposed to do while taking from it themselves. There is no shared benefit to sitting back and allowing future generations to struggle as you may have. Black families through generations know this, and the world should, too.
Totally stupid logic.

Funny part of the title of this thread is, Black people have ALWAYS got most of the handouts on a % basis. That is who they were created for by FDR. Buying votes.

You gotta laugh at racists when they just make up fake "facts" to support their racist beliefs

Not only have blacks not received the most "handouts" on a % basis...
Most racists won't define what they call "handouts" or what "% basis" (population, or dollars)

The other ridiculous statement by racist ron is that FDR created whatever he calls "handouts" to "buy" votes...

Of who? All of those black people who were receiving them?

You gotta laugh at racists when they just make up fake "facts" to support their racist beliefs

Not only have blacks not received the most "handouts" on a % basis...
Most racists won't define what they call "handouts" or what "% basis" (population, or dollars)

The other ridiculous statement by racist ron is that FDR created whatever he calls "handouts" to "buy" votes...

Of who? All of those black people who were receiving them?

Welfare Demographics​

The following percentages are recipients of welfare based on race.

• White – 38.8%
• Black – 39.8%
• Hispanic – 15.7%
• Asian – 2.4%
• Other – 3.3%

You are dumber than a brick, son. And seem to be getting even dumber

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT