ADVERTISEMENT

Rep Barbara Lee advocates for federal min wage of FIFTY DOLLARS PER HOUR

U.S._Rep._Barbara_Lee_-_Official_Portrait%2C_115th_Congress.jpg

That's 7 times what it is now but it goes to 20/hour April 1. Her argument is that these min wage amounts can't support a family of 4 in California.
Tell that dummy to start doing something about cost of living in California and also tell her those fast food jobs are for teenagers tryng to make a few bucks and weren't designed to support families of 4.
I thought Biden created all these jobs but families are 4 can only get min wage jobs?

Then ask her how high the fast food places are gonna raise their prices or how many workers are gonna be laid off. She'll probably call it racist.

Last edited:
That's 7 times what it is now but it goes to 20/hour April 1. Her argument is that these min wage amounts can't support a family of 4 in California.
Tell that dummy to start doing something about cost of living in California and also tell her those fast food jobs are for teenagers tryng to make a few bucks and weren't designed to support families of 4.
I thought Biden created all these jobs but families are 4 can only get min wage jobs?

Then ask her how high the fast food places are gonna raise their prices or how many workers are gonna be laid off. She'll probably call it racist.
Biden has pushed jobs to the illegals while Americans have lost jobs. Biden/Obama want more democratic voters which they are pushing for. Can't imagine $50/hr would get passed. Would put small businesses - out of business. I also agree with you that fast food jobs weren't meant for the household earner in a family of four.

The disgusting part of this is that she knows full well what this will do. She knows what it will do to jobs and inflation. She doesn’t care. She doesn’t care what this would do to families. She only cares about buying votes so she can stay in Congress. The people dumb enough to buy this crap and vote for her, will be the people laid off from this. They’re literally voting to get themselves fired. They just can’t see it. Which is why they make minimum wage to begin with.

Would help the wealthy and the IRS. Would screw everyone else.

Wages go up, prices go up. Prices go up, you still have the same amount of purchasing capability despite the raise. Prices go up, more tax collection.

Who wins? Hint…not you.

This isn’t hard. Right @kalimgoodman ?

Would help the wealthy and the IRS. Would screw everyone else.

Wages go up, prices go up. Prices go up, you still have the same amount of purchasing capability despite the raise. Prices go up, more tax collection.

Who wins? Hint…not you.

This isn’t hard. Right @kalimgoodman ?
Who cares what Barbara Lee wants? Why is there even a thread about this? Why am I tagged?

Who cares what Barbara Lee wants? Why is there even a thread about this? Why am I tagged?

1: Obviously you care. Otherwise, no need to respond.

2: Because every once in a while, people are allowed freedom of speech. Not often in Bidens America, but it’s cool when it happens.

3: Your opinion means the world to the board because of the accuracy and genuineness of your responses.

💊

1: Obviously you care. Otherwise, no need to respond.

2: Because every once in a while, people are allowed freedom of speech. Not often in Bidens America, but it’s cool when it happens.

3: Your opinion means the world to the board because of the accuracy and genuineness of your responses.

💊
I don't care. Remember I was tagged. I would've never commented on this thread if you didn't ask for my opinion.

It's funny because when you tag me and I ignore you, I get called names or accused of not replying because I can't defend it. If I reply, you claim I care, even though I said that I don't.

That is your trap. I am damned either way.

The disgusting part of this is that she knows full well what this will do. She knows what it will do to jobs and inflation. She doesn’t care. She doesn’t care what this would do to families. She only cares about buying votes so she can stay in Congress. The people dumb enough to buy this crap and vote for her, will be the people laid off from this. They’re literally voting to get themselves fired. They just can’t see it. Which is why they make minimum wage to begin with.
You may be right...however I am not so sure. She has never been accused of being the brightest bulb on the tree. But I get your point...most dimwits are this way

Reactions: treygator29
They also end up in crime ridden cities, with homeless all over pooping on the streets, with the highest taxes and feel like they are in combat every day when they go to work(or go to their mailbox to get their gubment freebie check)

She’s stupid
She is endemic of the problem. But we are not allowed to say the quiet part out loud lest we be considered racist / bigot / etc. You all remember during Obama's occupation that we were not allowed to blame Muslims for terrorist acts, we were forever upbraided with *Now now wait until we get all the facts, and guess what it was always Muslims. Shocker, I know.

i'm really getting tired of giving into the ignorant amongst us and there's a lot of them and they come in all shapes and sizes and colors ...

I don't care. Remember I was tagged. I would've never commented on this thread if you didn't ask for my opinion.

It's funny because when you tag me and I ignore you, I get called names or accused of not replying because I can't defend it. If I reply, you claim I care, even though I said that I don't.

That is your trap. I am damned either way.

Point proven. You care. Thanks for the admission. Otherwise, you could ignore.

Thx for playing.

Also, let me know who is calling you names. I will stop that bullying. There is nothing more harmful in life than getting called a name on a message board full of people you don’t know.

💊

Last edited:
Less than 2% of all employees make minimum wage.

But 100% of consumers would be affected by this.

Typical liberal thought process.
My wife has worked at a job for almost 10 years. She started at something like $12 an hour. Now she is making close to $20. Because of minimum wage going up to $15 here in MD, new hires are making $18. 10 years more experience and making about $2 more then a new hire. It’s pitiful.

Reactions: fatman76
My wife has worked at a job for almost 10 years. She started at something like $12 an hour. Now she is making close to $20. Because of minimum wage going up to $15 here in MD, new hires are making $18. 10 years more experience and making about $2 more then a new hire. It’s pitiful.
Incompetence continues to be rewarded. That’s the Democrat way.

Point proven. You care. Thanks for the admission. Otherwise, you could ignore.

Thx for playing.

Also, let me know who is calling you names. I will stop that bullying. There is nothing more harmful in life than getting called a name on a message board full of people you don’t know.

💊
That's your trap. Now you're condescending as well. Cool.

She is endemic of the problem. But we are not allowed to say the quiet part out loud lest we be considered racist / bigot / etc. You all remember during Obama's occupation that we were not allowed to blame Muslims for terrorist acts, we were forever upbraided with *Now now wait until we get all the facts, and guess what it was always Muslims. Shocker, I know.

i'm really getting tired of giving into the ignorant amongst us and there's a lot of them and they come in all shapes and sizes and colors ...
I quit doing that when he was in office. I speak my mind. F them all.

Lesson I learned some time ago…the best way to get a good raise is to change jobs.

Once a company has you they are never going to pay fair market value - even if you’re a superstar.

That only happens when a company is attracting new talent.

The other lesson is never take a retention raise. Loyalty is important to bosses and as soon as you leverage them for more money with the threat of leaving they’ll never trust you again.

This is the party and ideology you blindly defend here every day.

That’s why you got tagged.

I’m a little embarrassed for you that I have to point that out.
Show where I'm defending the party blindly? Unlike you, I have on multiple occasions criticized the party and president but as I've stated before, it gets ignored or forgotten because you guys need a "rival"/"boogeyman".

Show where I'm defending the party blindly? Unlike you, I have on multiple occasions criticized the party and president but as I've stated before, it gets ignored or forgotten because you guys need a "rival"/"boogeyman".
I agree with Kalim here, he has defended the Dems way more times than not, but I do not think that he does so blindly all the time ...

Wow. We have attracted new participants into our little corner of the universe in the Parking Lot. Seems people are waking up and saying, no bueno, no mas!

Reactions: nail1988
I agree with Kalim here, he has defended the Dems way more times than not, but I do not think that he does so blindly all the time ...
Fresno,
I don't know what his ratio of Biden/Dem support comments to Biden/Dem criticism or Republican criticism is but I'd guess 95/5, which is a laughable ratio from an initially labeled Independent
But let me give you maybe the most egreious (my opinion) item of Biden support that I can think of. If I remember correctly going back about a year or so ago in his response to what has Biden accomplished, I think he said Biden getting out of Afghanistan was an accomplishment. This was one of the most messed up withdrawals in history. This is THE incident that turned Biden approval rating from positive to negative, where it has stayed.

That withdrawal debacle sure met my definition of defending Biden blindly to give him ANY accomplishment credit for that. Americans were killed and Trump was already going to get us out. The only thing Biden accomplished was to F it up.

EDIT: To be fair, he may have at some point criticized the withdrawal itself. If he did, good for him but there's no way I am going to give Biden any credit for us leaving which was already planned by the prior president and then proceed to thorougly ruin it over the advice of his military.

Last edited:
Fresno,
I don't know what his ratio of Biden/Dem support comments to Biden/Dem criticism or Republican criticism is but I'd guess 95/5, which is a laughable ratio from an initially labeled Independent
But let me give you maybe the most egreious (my opinion) item of Biden support that I can think of. If I remember correctly going back about a year or so ago in his response to what has Biden accomplished, I think he said Biden getting out of Afghanistan was an accomplishment. This was one of the most messed up withdrawals in history. This is THE incident that turned Biden approval rating from positive to negative, where it has stayed.

That withdrawal debacle sure met my definition of defending Biden blindly to give him ANY accomplishment credit for that. Americans were killed and Trump was already going to get us out. The only thing Biden accomplished was to F it up.
I don't disagree that Kalim has defended some indefensible things. I'm just saying he doesn't blindly defend all things at all times. And as for Libs on this board, he's one of the more reasonable. ...

Is this more or less dumb and crazy than shooting shoplifters???? Asking for a sheep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT