ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when this game was showtime?

Even then it was dominated by the Gators

Best stretch Tennessee had was from 1998 through 2004 when they won 4/7, not exactly dominant and included the SEC admitted mistake game in 2004 which 100% changed the outcome ( the possible non catch in 2000 was a second down I believe and may not hav effected the outcome).

Prior to that 4/7 stretch FL won 5 in a row and after that stretch FL has won 13/14

Combine it and it is Florida 22-5

And even during TN best stretch defined as Manning sophomore year in 1995 through their division title in 2007 Florida went 9-4

Stunningly one sided is the point

So many biggies...when cfb was at its peak of intensity...

sadgator attended so many of the Tennessee battles...’95 Tennessee was one of sadgator’s favorites....

mrs. sadgator convinced sadgator that he needed to propose to her during our Porpoise kamikaze run at the half of that game...then we ran back, won the game and got soaked...

Sigh...the UF kids today will never have moments like that...

Reactions: HumeHall86

sadgator attended so many of the Tennessee battles...’95 Tennessee was one of sadgator’s favorites....

mrs. sadgator convinced sadgator that he needed to propose to her during our Porpoise kamikaze run at the half of that game...then we ran back, won the game and got soaked...

I am sure they have an app for that on their phones.

The game that began to turn me into a Gator fan was the '97 Sugar Bowl blowout of FSU.. I was 10 years old at the time and had just started playing and following football. My uncle went to Florida and told me about Spurrier. I was more into videogames at the time, but the fun and gun thrashing got me interested.

The rivalry with Phil and the old ball coach is what cemented my fanhood. Those were the good old days. I hope this game can mean something more in the future. Of course with us winning like usual.

Reactions: gatordad3
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ecome-site-of-tennessee-horror-and-heartache/

A good article detailing the 90"s and early 2000's of this once nationally relevant rivalry. From Peyton's heartbreak, to the 2001 payback.
2001 should never be referred to as “payback.” If that crap game deserves a name it should be “thanks bin laden” since they don’t win if it’s not at the end of the year. Or maybe “amounted to nothing” since LSU fixed their wagon a week later.

2001 should never be referred to as “payback.” If that crap game deserves a name it should be “thanks bin laden” since they don’t win if it’s not at the end of the year. Or maybe “amounted to nothing” since LSU fixed their wagon a week later.
Lol. I was speaking more on part of the orange bumpos side. Any win they get is a rarity.

Lol. I was speaking more on part of the orange bumpos side. Any win they get is a rarity.
They should still have to refer to it as those things. They are both absolutely true. The only people who benefited from 9/11 were the vawls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT