ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is just going to the

LakerGator

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2015
Florida
2021 we are ranked #1 with our 2 Recruits. FSU you have all of 1 and Georgia you have ZERO. That’s nada! That’s Nill.

2020 We are ranked 8th right now in May 2019. Oh, the HUMMANITY! Quiz time: that is from?

As Chris Bleich said on Twitter, RELAX Coach and the staff have it under control. You puppies have to worry about that 2 game losing streak. And your big comeback is the last two years? Well the ultimate goal is what? The National Title! Come to Gainesville boys and I do mean boys and I’ll show you 3 nice and NEW Trophies. 40 years ago is a long time isn’t it?

We are doing perfectly fine. Everybody panicked in August of last year and we are doing much better now than where we were then. It’s still way way too early to get too emotional about the 2020 recruiting class.

We are doing perfectly fine. Everybody panicked in August of last year and we are doing much better now than where we were then. It’s still way way too early to get too emotional about the 2020 recruiting class.
This is true. 2020 is far from done and the talk is meaningless at this point for anyone. But we gotta have something to fvck with each other about.

Reactions: Blayze

Fever was all over this board wringing his hands about recruiting this time last year.

Haven't seen him much this year but that might change since Georgia barely edged in front of Florida in the rankings.

Fever was all over this board wringing his hands about recruiting this time last year.

Haven't seen him much this year but that might change since Georgia barely edged in front of Florida in the rankings.
I think it was actually July when Fever went on his rampage. We are doing much better now than this same time last year.

Reactions: sadgator

Some of our ‘fans’ are pathetic. Some didn’t want Mullen anyway so anything they can use to dog him they dog him. The Mullen can’t recruit narrative is the worst out there, facts be damned. Mullen signed the highest rated transition class in UF history, higher than Urban’s. His first real class delivered the first top 10 class since 2015 for UF. Right now we’re 7 or 8 depending on what site you use and it’s May. All this coming off a decade of shit including two losing seasons in the last 5 years. Now the narrative has shifted to “well he needs a top 3 class!”

Dumbasses. Never understood it when it was said before but truly nobody suffers success like Gator fans. No wonder Spurrier and Meyer burned out and hauled ass. Most of this fan base is insufferable.

Fever is one of my favorite guys on this site...dude goes from 1-100mph at the drop of a hat haha. He is ultimately correct in that you need Top 5 classes, year in and out if you want to consistently be up top.

Oozie - 100% - people act as if when a fan looks at the context of what Mullen is working in it's "pumping sunshine" - it's beyond ridiculous. Florida football over the last 10 years has been average at best, 4 wins at worst. That ain't good. Anyone out there should be kissing Mullen's hairy bean bag right now (Farley film?).

I'm convinced some people like never being happy. Enjoy things while they are good!

Some of our ‘fans’ are pathetic. Some didn’t want Mullen anyway so anything they can use to dog him they dog him. The Mullen can’t recruit narrative is the worst out there, facts be damned. Mullen signed the highest rated transition class in UF history, higher than Urban’s. His first real class delivered the first top 10 class since 2015 for UF. Right now we’re 7 or 8 depending on what site you use and it’s May. All this coming off a decade of shit including two losing seasons in the last 5 years. Now the narrative has shifted to “well he needs a top 3 class!”

Dumbasses. Never understood it when it was said before but truly nobody suffers success like Gator fans. No wonder Spurrier and Meyer burned out and hauled ass. Most of this fan base is insufferable.

Low IQ fans have been sucked in by the annual drama created around recruiting. Most of the homers that get caught up in obsessing over recruiting believe that the recruiting rankings directly translate to fall rankings in the polls, and if this doesn't happen, they get pissed and start demanding their coach be fired. Or if the recruiting rankings suck in the Spring, they start calling for coaches to be fired, as Fever was doing here last year.

Mullen's offense is going to be fun as hell to watch starting in 2020. There will be flashes this year. And I think once he gets the program rolling, other SEC programs will begin to have to change their philosophies to adapt to what he's doing.

And I hate to tell the visiting Georgia fans, but Mullen's offenses are going to hurt Kirby bad. Kirby learned everything he knows about defense from Saban, and Kirby's defenses at Bama always struggled against high powered offenses that could hurt you both passing and running. Same reason Saban will have his hands full with A&M once Jimbo gets their offense rolling.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Low IQ fans have been sucked in by the annual drama created around recruiting. Most of the homers that get caught up in obsessing over recruiting believe that the recruiting rankings directly translate to fall rankings in the polls, and if this doesn't happen, they get pissed and start demanding their coach be fired. Or if the recruiting rankings suck in the Spring, they start calling for coaches to be fired, as Fever was doing here last year.

Mullen's offense is going to be fun as hell to watch starting in 2020. There will be flashes this year. And I think once he gets the program rolling, other SEC programs will begin to have to change their philosophies to adapt to what he's doing.

And I hate to tell the visiting Georgia fans, but Mullen's offenses are going to hurt Kirby bad. Kirby learned everything he knows about defense from Saban, and Kirby's defenses at Bama always struggled against high powered offenses that could hurt you both passing and running. Same reason Saban will have his hands full with A&M once Jimbo gets their offense rolling.
So Kirby, the son of a high school football coach, an All SEC safety, learned everything he knows about football from Nick Saban? Gotcha...
giphy.gif

UGa's fleas keep on poppin up here,,,, begging for some validation from their last 70 years SEC betters.... :rolleyes:

He has had 10 years to hurt him and he is 0 10. How many years is it going to take?

That's some interesting Georgia math you've got there. So you're counting when Alabama beat Miss State as Kirby beat Mullen?

Do you not read your own post? You said Mullen's offense was going to hurt Kirby bad. For the last 10 year's it hasn't even tickled him, in fact Kirby's defense has neutered his offense as a DC at Bama and a head coach at Georgia.

But I do understand your hope that you are correct, but nothing that has happened on the field when the 2 coaches have faced off points to Mullen's offense being a serious threat, and we both know that. Sure Mullen may win 1 every now and then, but the series is turning in our favor again and we now have the more successful coach. So assume your position of fighting UK for runner up in the East for the next 15-20 years.

Do you not read your own post? You said Mullen's offense was going to hurt Kirby bad. For the last 10 year's it hasn't even tickled him, in fact Kirby's defense has neutered his offense as a DC at Bama and a head coach at Georgia.

Ummmmmmmm......being a DC at Bama isn't the same as being a head coach. If it was, Kirby would have gotten one of the jobs he chased before he settled on Georgia.

Mullen OC 31 - 20 DC 4th&Dumb for the SEC-C

Grumpyoldbuttsniffer with his jawja memory and intellect... :D:p:D

Edit PS
Dan entered that game at 11-1, Dumb at 12-0, so Dumb even has the better, or at least the higher ranked team.

Mullen OC 31 - 20 DC 4th&Dumb for the SEC-C

Grumpyoldbuttsniffer with his jawja memory and intellect... :D:p:D

Edit PS
Dan entered that game at 11-1, Dumb at 12-0, so Dumb even has the better, or at least the higher ranked team.
Kirby 2-0 vs Dan as head coaches. According to your 10 year old vernacular that would make Dan referred to as Dumber.

Suck it up guy
2021 we are ranked #1 with our 2 Recruits. FSU you have all of 1 and Georgia you have ZERO. That’s nada! That’s Nill.

2020 We are ranked 8th right now in May 2019. Oh, the HUMMANITY! Quiz time: that is from?

As Chris Bleich said on Twitter, RELAX Coach and the staff have it under control. You puppies have to worry about that 2 game losing streak. And your big comeback is the last two years? Well the ultimate goal is what? The National Title! Come to Gainesville boys and I do mean boys and I’ll show you 3 nice and NEW Trophies. 40 years ago is a long time isn’t it?
Suck it up guys. You've had a bad week but nothing is ever as bad (or as good) as it seems. I'm sure that Dan Mullen will overcome this and bring in a good class.

Luckily for us Mullen doesn't have a high-powered offense. Well at least in 10 years of being a head coach he has never had a high powered enough offense ro even win a division title.

However, he has earned tons of apparent moral victories that Florida fans (and one Alabama fan) like to give him credit for

Luckily for us Mullen doesn't have a high-powered offense. Well at least in 10 years of being a head coach he has never had a high powered enough offense ro even win a division title.

However, he has earned tons of apparent moral victories that Florida fans (and one Alabama fan) like to give him credit for
Mullen will likely win big when he gets an all world QB like Tebow or Dak. Not worried at all until that happens, and that’s the truth!

Georgia just landed another top 100 recruit this morning by the way. More coming soon...

Nothing is better than a Gator fan talking about the Georgia/Florida rivalry and be forced to talk about everything BUT the actual results when they play. Ha ha.

I was shocked that after seeing Georgia beat Florida by almost 20 points this year seeing so many Gator fans smiling at their moral victory because they "kept it close".

Good times!

Mullen will likely win big when he gets an all world QB like Tebow or Dak. Not worried at all until that happens, and that’s the truth!

Georgia just landed another top 100 recruit this morning by the way. More coming soon...
Maybe but there is no evidence of that with Mullen as the head coach. He had Dak Prescott (NFL Pro Bowl) and couldn't win a division much less a conference title. Maybe if he had Urban back in charge he could do it.

Ratledge will most likely be a 5 star in the next rankings.

Maybe but there is no evidence of that with Mullen as the head coach. He had Dak Prescott (NFL Pro Bowl) and couldn't win a division much less a conference title. Maybe if he had Urban back in charge he could do it.

Ratledge will most likely be a 5 star in the next rankings.
Yeah because Miss St has such a rich and successful history of success in college football. They are the 6th most prestigious conference in the West. Mullen was only the winningest coach they ever had. If you are being honest not even Saban or Meyer would win a title at Miss St.

Yeah because Miss St has such a rich and successful history of success in college football. They are the 6th most prestigious conference in the West. Mullen was only the winningest coach they ever had. If you are being honest not even Saban or Meyer would win a title at Miss St.
Sure it is harder at Mississippi State and I think he did a pretty good job buy he is an unlnown when competing with the big dogs. It is easier to coach at Mississippi State when every team is not giving you their best shot. It's different at Florida or one of the bigger boys where they expect you to win every game esoecially against your biggest rivals.

Sure it is harder at Mississippi State and I think he did a pretty good job buy he is an unlnown when competing with the big dogs. It is easier to coach at Mississippi State when every team is not giving you their best shot. It's different at Florida or one of the bigger boys where they expect you to win every game esoecially against your biggest rivals.
Huh? There is nothing easy about coaching at Miss St. whether you are getting everybody’s best shot or not. You ever been to Starkville, MS?

Kirby would have been fired after 3-4 years there with a sub .500 record.

Nah, Kirby would have gotten better talent at Miss State. Your Kirby bashing is off the charts. Mullen is a 9-10 win a year coach like Richt.

If you think Kirby was going walk into Atlanta and convince 5-stars to go to Starkville while Richt was recruiting them to Athens, then bless your heart.

Ummmmmmmm......being a DC at Bama isn't the same as being a head coach. If it was, Kirby would have gotten one of the jobs he chased before he settled on Georgia.

So now you want to put stipulations on your statement, I guess 0-10 does sound better than 0-2. So in those 2 years they have met as head coaches, how much trouble has Mullen's offense caused Kirby. Don't come with the State lack of talent garbage, they had more first rounders drafted they either of us. I understand you only hope is Kirby isn't going to be a good coach, but he has accomplished more in his 3 years as a head coach than Dan has in his 10, I guess you just close your eyes to that. But keep dreaming he is the 2nd coming when everything says he isn't any better than McElwain, other than he probably treats seasfood better.

So now you want to put stipulations on your statement, I guess 0-10 does sound better than 0-2. So in those 2 years they have met as head coaches, how much trouble has Mullen's offense caused Kirby. Don't come with the State lack of talent garbage, they had more first rounders drafted they either of us. I understand you only hope is Kirby isn't going to be a good coach, but he has accomplished more in his 3 years as a head coach than Dan has in his 10, I guess you just close your eyes to that. But keep dreaming he is the 2nd coming when everything says he isn't any better than McElwain, other than he probably treats seasfood better.
He isn’t any better than McElwain? For real? Did you see our offense and Franks with McElwain and then see the offense and Franks with Mullen? McElwain never had an offense ranked better than 100th nationally in all 3 years.

Reactions: Dawg Wood
So now you want to put stipulations on your statement, I guess 0-10 does sound better than 0-2. So in those 2 years they have met as head coaches, how much trouble has Mullen's offense caused Kirby. Don't come with the State lack of talent garbage, they had more first rounders drafted they either of us..

You're trying to spin that Kirby is 10-0 versus Mullen cause he coached under Saban for 8 years. You don't get to tell anyone not to post garbage.

How do I know that? You think they wouldn't be successful but the reality is no one knows. What I do know is he played one of if not the weakest P5 schedule in the country with 4 cupcakes annually and built his resume against the directional schools of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas, and against a UK team that was winning a couple games a year, Arkansas, OM and had a losing record against AU, Bama and LSU, I don't know if he will every beat UGA, but don't see it happening in the next couple of years, if it doesn't happen in the next 3-4 he will be gone like Mcelwain.

Also, the West division was the toughest in all of college football during the 9 years that Mullen broke all-time program records at Miss State.

Not too shabby. People that understand college football know how impressive that is to do that in Starkville.

Reactions: PacoGator19
If you think Kirby was going walk into Atlanta and convince 5-stars to go to Starkville while Richt was recruiting them to Athens, then bless your heart.
Bless your heart, when did I say anything about 5 stars? I know you guys like to make up your own narrative over here but come on man. He would have recruited better talent to Starkville than Mullen and you know it.

Last edited:
How do I know that? You think they wouldn't be successful but the reality is no one knows. What I do know is he played one of if not the weakest P5 schedule in the country with 4 cupcakes annually and built his resume against the directional schools of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas, and against a UK team that was winning a couple games a year, Arkansas, OM and had a losing record against AU, Bama and LSU, I don't know if he will every beat UGA, but don't see it happening in the next couple of years, if it doesn't happen in the next 3-4 he will be gone like Mcelwain.
Well Saban never won anything at Michigan State. It certainly helps when you actually get to coach somewhere that has a chance. Saban then had success at LSU and Bama where he won national titles. Mmmmm wonder why that is? Doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. It does make a difference where your coaching at as well. I’m not sure you understand that logic.

Mullen is the winningest coach in Miss St history so he certainly was able to accomplish more than any coach before him.

Reactions: Dawg Wood
Well Saban never won anything at Michigan State. It certainly helps when you actually get to coach somewhere that has a chance. Saban then had success at LSU and Bama where he won national titles. Mmmmm wonder why that is? Doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. It does make a difference where your coaching at as well. I’m not sure you understand that logic.

Mullen is the winningest coach in Miss St history so he certainly was able to accomplish more than any coach before him.
Saban also recruits at an extremely high level. Answer this for me, how many big time programs went after Mullen during his time at Mississippi state?

He isn’t any better than McElwain? For real? Did you see our offense and Franks with McElwain and then see the offense and Franks with Mullen? McElwain never had an offense ranked better than 100th nationally in all 3 years.
You do know the goal is to actually win right? Mc won two of three SEC East titles so he obviously left Mullen with more talent than anyone in the SEC East and Mullen repays him by being three games out of first place in the SEC East...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT