ADVERTISEMENT

Rece Davis has a point

passoverGator

Bull Gator
Sep 26, 2002
I'd love to see Kiffin come here but it would be a lateral move. The quartet of Muschamp, MacElwain, Mullen (lazy recruiting), and Basement Billy (the worst coach in Gator football history; the Don DeVoe of the gridiron) has nuked us back to the stone age of the 70s and 80s where we constantly under-achieved and couldn't win the SEC or beat Georgia. We are not the mountaintop that Urban lied about.

• Love
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Pass!!! Good to see you back. As Sad has pointed out we are not a marquee job any longer. It's not just the bad coaching hires, but also seems the NIL is somewhat dysfunctional. I have no confidence in the current AD to make a good hire.

Reactions: passoverGator
Gainesville is now the epicenter of class and culture lol?? If you take out the university, it's a cow pasture. Gville is like 1 step up from Starksville lol.
The same can be said of most college towns. Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss to name a few. The list is long. Most students go to college because of the college, not because of the town. Gainesville has as much as any college town and much more than most.

With the right coach Gainesville can match Tuscaloosa and hang with anyone. The head coach is the issue, not whether or not Gainesville is the Las Vegas strip. Football players will have plenty of time to party once they are in the NFL.

Let's go out and hire Mr. Right and the wins will follow.

I think the popular narrative is selling the UF job short. The UA is top 5 nationally in terms of revenue; you’ve got top level facilities; great stadium; obviously you’re going to get paid at the top of the market; and anyone you would need to recruit is within a 3 hour drive of Gainesville. Also the school is a top 5 public school nationally.

Currently, the job is not attractive because an incompetent AD and coach has driven the program into a ditch. But you don’t think Lane thinks he could get better players to Gainesville than to Oxford? Problem is whoever takes the job is going to have to spend a year digging the program out of the ditch and they’re going to need to know that we’ve got our stuff wired together on NIL.

Reactions: NavigatorII
I absolutely believe the right coach can get us back. We do have 3 national titles and 8 SEC titles, unlike other schools in the conference we currently are compared with, so it can be done.

The same can be said of most college towns. Clemson, Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss to name a few. The list is long. Most students go to college because of the college, not because of the town. Gainesville has as much as any college town and much more than most.

With the right coach Gainesville can match Tuscaloosa and hang with anyone. The head coach is the issue, not whether or not Gainesville is the Las Vegas strip. Football players will have plenty of time to party once they are in the NFL.

Let's go out and hire Mr. Right and the wins will follow.
Yep - this is 100% correct. It just caught me as funny. It's why they are called college towns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT