ADVERTISEMENT

Football Put Your Best 11 On The Field - Offense

TheShining

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
If you had to pick your best 11 guys to have on the field based on the following personnel groupings, who would you be starting?

Couple of thoughts:

OL - Barber and Slaughter are our best two lineman and need to start. BCD pass blocks pretty well and is adjusting to the SEC. Harris is a good pass blocker but struggles in run blocking so I'd keep him next to Barber. Lovett needs to start and I'd put him on the right side to help BCD in the run game. These are our best 5.

TE - Hansen is one of our most consistent players and needs to always be on the field. He is very good blocker and has straight line speed and solid hands. I'm over Boardingham and would like to see Livingston who can run and is at least a willing blocker continue to take more of his snaps.

QB - Give me Lagaway when we are in more pass oriented formations. When we are in 12 personnel, Graham is probably more efficient for the dink and dunk game. Mertz played really well last week but tends to get affected when teams have a pass rush.

RB - Webb is running the hardest and is nasty in pass pro. We need to get Jones and Baugh more snaps in the passing game. I'd start Baugh when we are 4 wide to take advantage of his hands and his power when the D is more spread out. I like Montrell but the other guys seem to have a little more pop and elusiveness right now. This is the toughest group to allocate snaps for.

WR - Badger is always open and doesn't drop anything. Mizell needs to be on the field, period. If Trey is healthy he's got to start - Dike has been a great addition and he has to be the 4th guy IMO.

Offense 11 Personnel (one tight end)

Barber
Harris
Slaughter
Lovett
Crenshaw Dickson
Hansen
Lagaway
Webb
Badger
Trey
Mizell

Offense 12 Personnel (two tight ends)

Barber
Harris
Slaughter
Lovett
Crenshaw Dickson
Hansen
Livingston
Mertz
Webb
Badger
Mizell

Offense 10 Personnel (no tight ends) - Would love to see us in 4 wide more often.

Barber
Harris
Slaughter
Lovett
Crenshaw Dickson
Lagaway
Baugh
Badger
Trey
Dike
Mizell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.