ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason All-SEC Teams

oozie7

Bull Gator
May 28, 2008
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20160715/ARTICLES/160719951/1090/gatorsfootball?p=1&tc=pg

Found it interesting that only Bama, LSU, and Tennessee had more guys on the list than us. It broke down:

1. Bama (13)
2. LSU (10)
3. UT (9)
4. UF (8)
5. Auburn (7)
6. UGA (6)
7. Ole Miss (5)
T-7. A&M (5)
9. Arkansas (4)
10. Mississippi St. (3)
11. Vandy (2)
12. UK (1)
T-12. Mizzou (1)
T-12. South Carolina (1)

Funny enough, this kinda lines up with what I expect. Bama vs. LSU for the West and UT vs. UF for the East.

I didn't click the link but I think we only had 1 first team All-SEC.

Yea Tarbor was the only 1st team. But I expect a few of our guys to end up there seasons end. Brantley, Davis, Maye, and possibly Wilson on defense. Maybe Sharpe and Ivey if they gave the seasons everyone is expecting.

I think Wilson will have a break out year this year, kinda like Tabor did last year.. Everybody threw away from VHIII and Tabor showed how good he was, this year people will throw away from Tabor and Wilson needs to step up and show how good he is

Yea Tarbor was the only 1st team. But I expect a few of our guys to end up there seasons end. Brantley, Davis, Maye, and possibly Wilson on defense. Maybe Sharpe and Ivey if they gave the seasons everyone is expecting.

I agree with you on all the above, I think the most likely are Maye and Davis, I expect both those guys to have huge years

Reactions: GatorNation79
Talent is definitely there for the defense to be very good. There are six or seven guys I'm pretty excited to watch. I think we'll have a good handle on whether Collins is good or not by the end of this year.

The offense looks ok on the perimeter and in the backfield.

Talent is definitely there for the defense to be very good. There are six or seven guys I'm pretty excited to watch. I think we'll have a good handle on whether Collins is good or not by the end of this year.

The offense looks ok on the perimeter and in the backfield.
I'm expecting big things out of the TE position this year.

I think Calloway and Cleveland on the field at the same time with Powell will be an absolute pain in the ass to defend. I think our running game will disappoint against good teams.

Reactions: sadgator
I think Calloway and Cleveland on the field at the same time with Powell will be an absolute pain in the ass to defend. I think our running game will disappoint against good teams.
Massey may beat out Powell.

Our skill guys are really starting to trend up. If the oline is serviceable and Del Rio is as good as he looked in the spring game we might be headed somewhere. I really like the TE's, like the young wideouts, and I think Scarlett and Cronkrite can do work if we can open up any kind of hole.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Our skill guys are really starting to trend up. If the oline is serviceable and Del Rio is as good as he looked in the spring game we might be headed somewhere. I really like the TE's, like the young wideouts, and I think Scarlett and Cronkrite can do work if we can open up any kind of hole.

I still think if we can get Scarlett going he could be dominant. I know the majority prefer other guys, but from all his film he is just lethal.

I still think if we can get Scarlett going he could be dominant. I know the majority prefer other guys, but from all his film he is just lethal.

Same. Cronkrite is steady but doesn't have home run potential and Thompson just doesn't look like a running back to me.

Agreed re: Thompson. Didn't he also fumble twice in the Spring game?

Don't remember. But he just runs very high and stiff. That would work if we had Bama's line who can let him get 5 yards and a full head of steam before he's touched, but with our line backs are gonna have to be able to make the first defender miss. I don't think he'll be able to.

UF was ranked #100 in Scoring Offense last year. I fully expect them to rank somewhere between #35 and #55 this year; a jump of 45-65 spots.

From your keyboard to the eyes of the football gods.

I think it's very likely. If you just project the numbers, 150 points vs. UMASS, North Texas, and Presbyterian is likely. Then let's say UF averages 26 PPG in the other 9 games - that's 384 points on the year / 12 = 32 PPG. Last year that would have ranked #47. I think that's very realistic. In fact, that might even be a little cautious. Offensive coaches usually have a big 2nd year jump. I think when Fisher took over as OC FSU jumped like 60 spots from 2007 to 2008. I see the same happening with McElwain & UF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT