ADVERTISEMENT

Pineiro Shines Bright At Combine

Boomer1000

Baby Gator
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2016
The kickers actually performed today for all 32 NFL teams. There were four kickers invited to the 2018 Combine: Drew Brown (Nebraska) Michael Badgley (Miami) Daniel Carlson (Auburn)
and Eddy Pineiro (Florida). All the kickers competed well for the scouts but there was a definitive difference from one of the kickers in comparison to the rest. That kicker was Eddy Pineiro who did the Gator Nation proud today.

I think Brown missed 5 kicks today, Badgley I believe missed 4 kicks, Carlson went 17-18/20 and Eddy was 19/20, missing his last kick of the day by mere inches.

The difference was when they wanted to see them in regards to leg power. That is where Eddy soared above the rest. They had the kickers hit from 50 plus yards including one or two from 60 yards. Eddy went last of the four kickers today and when they had to hit from 60 yards, the other 3 kickers were short of the goal post. Then it was Eddy's turn and he hit it three quarters high up the uprights right down the middle. The scouts were saying it would have been good from well over 70 yards!

On his Kickoffs, Eddy's worst kickoff was 9 yards deep with the rest of his kickoffs going beyond the field. Two kickoffs actually went through the uprights! The closest competitor was Carlson with his best gong 7 yards deep.

The scouts told Eddy it was the best kicking performance they have seen at the Combine in the last 15 years!

Ok so I will give you what I know to date about the teams interested:

LA Chargers
Denver Broncos- They actually called me about Eddy.
Seattle Seahawks
Green Bay Packers
NY Jets
Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Indianapolis Colts- Even though Vinatieri will come in as starter
Chicago Bears

Side Note: Eddy apparently interviewed the best of the kickers at the combine as well.
The Seahawks were the first to interview Eddy and they tried to unbalance Eddy with some left field questions and Eddy countered flawlessly according to the Seahawks people.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News