ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Robertson dead at 93

Lol you reappeared
Meh, I still lurk sometimes. I posted a lot of (well deserved) hate for that charlatan grifter a long time ago when we had the "gator lounge" so figured I'd better check in.. Hope you, and all of the OG Gatorbait posters are good.

Reactions: EvilWayz
Donated to Operation Blessings purchase of an L-1011 for its flying hospital. It was grounded after 911 and did not fly again. But it did countless flights to many countries where it did provide free medical care for many in need for several years.

I still have my charter donator lapel pin of the L-1011 airplane.

Robertson took a bankrupt UHF station and turned it into a $380M/yr global evangelical juggernaut.

One of my high school classmates who went to Brown and Duke is a law professor at Regent University.

You didn't read the blood diamond article did you.

I didn't. Did you see the format?

Pat Robertson helped MANY more people than I have and I'm a pretty decent person.

Just an assumption, but I'd guess Pat Robertson devoted more of his life to helping others than Commie has too. Another hunch, Commie hates Pat because of his prominent Christian identity.

I'm certain that Pat Robertson wasn't perfect, he was a fallen human afterall. People like Commie like to pretend that if you poke holes in Pat Robertson life story it will somehow make people like himself seem like less of a POS.

The most ironic part...no one is calling him a POS to my knowledge. That's mostly coming from Commie himself imho.

I didn't. Did you see the format?

Pat Robertson helped MANY more people than I have and I'm a pretty decent person.

Just an assumption, but I'd guess Pat Robertson devoted more of his life to helping others than Commie has too. Another hunch, Commie hates Pat because of his prominent Christian identity.

I'm certain that Pat Robertson wasn't perfect, he was a fallen human afterall. People like Commie like to pretend that if you poke holes in Pat Robertson life story it will somehow make people like himself seem like less of a POS.

The most ironic part...no one is calling him a POS to my knowledge. That's mostly coming from Commie himself imho.
Commie gives less of a shit than I do about what the people on this board think about him.

I don't really blame him. This board is ate up with stupidity lately. It's like Grandpa Simpson took over r/conspiracy.

Edit: as far as helping people, I have no idea how many people he's helped. He's never helped me.

Commie, on the other hand, got me out of 140k dollars of hospital bills when I wrecked my motorcycle.

And my thoughts on the the Abrahamic religions are, shall we say, less than complementary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdfgator and BSC911
Edit: as far as helping people, I have no idea how many people he's helped. He's never helped me.

Commie, on the other hand, got me out of 140k dollars of hospital bills when I wrecked my motorcycle.

And my thoughts on the the Abrahamic religions are, shall we say, less than complementary.

That's awesome...good on him.

But when I hear people poking holes in a life like Pat Robertson's, my ears perk up. I'm sure he wasn't perfect but I don't recall him ever claiming otherwise.

My immediate question is...why does a person seem to despise a man like Pat Robertson so much? The answer to that question feels obvious imho.

That's awesome...good on him.

But when I hear people poking holes in a life like Pat Robertson's, my ears perk up. I'm sure he wasn't perfect but I don't recall him ever claiming otherwise.

My immediate question is...why does a person seem to despise a man like Pat Robertson so much? The answer to that question feels obvious imho.
Ol Pat wound people up about the devil more than once to the point it caused me problems and I'm of the opinion that every single television preacher but Billy Graham is a con man.

Im just not going to celebrate the death of anyone except child molesters, rapists, people who abuse animals, or Osama bin Laden.

Ol Pat wound people up about the devil more than once to the point it caused me problems and I'm of the opinion that every single television preacher but Billy Graham is a con man.

Im just not going to celebrate the death of anyone except child molesters, rapists, people who abuse animals, or Osama bin Laden.

That was Pat's purpose imo. Here we are discussing it. Don't tase me bro...but I think that's what God intended.

Pat challenged atheistic convention. I don't for a minute believe that this was based on hate of the atheist, however.

You and I are very different...but I also believe that we get on well. I think you know that I don't hate you and I for sure don't believe that you hate me.

Challenging my faith doesn't make me a weaker Christian somehow...quite the opposite in fact. How can that be wrong from my perspective?

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
That was Pat's purpose imo. Here we are discussing it. Don't tase me bro...but I think that's what God intended.

Pat challenged atheistic convention. I don't for a minute believe that this was based on hate of the atheist, however.

You and I are very different...but I also believe that we get on well. I think you know that I don't hate you and I for sure don't believe that you hate me.

Challenging my faith doesn't make me a weaker Christian somehow...quite the opposite in fact. How can that be wrong from my perspective?
And as a result you're Pawpaw RINO. The problem is, as with anything, the loudest asshole are the ones that get the attention, and in this case, define you.

The current Magus of the Church of Satan has three degrees in music theory from NYU, looks like Santa clause in an Italian suit, and is slightly less belligerent than a girl scout.

I've never seen him in a single one of these signs of Satanism warning videos.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
And as a result you're Pawpaw RINO.

If that's the case, I embrace the moniker. Probably the nicest thing someone has called me on these boards in fact.

If my job is to proselytize, to disciple to others in the name of Christ, how better can I accomplish that than with genuine love in my heart? I'm suspicious of those who behave otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT