ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games Tonight

Good news for FSU fans. With 5 minutes left in the first half, the FSU defense only allowed Miami 10 points.

Not that he cares but Francois is earning my respect tonight. FSU's oline is probably worse than ours as hard as that is to believe. Dude is getting rocked play after play after play and still getting up. Good lord I haven't seen a QB take a beating in a game like this in forever.

Reactions: seffnergator
Not that he cares but Francois is earning my respect tonight. FSU's oline is probably worse than ours as hard as that is to believe. Dude is getting rocked play after play after play and still getting up. Good lord I haven't seen a QB take a beating in a game like this in forever.
Yeah, he's ball'in out. He's a good player.

FSU could very easily win, but I predicted them too.. Miami is a top ten team because they have played no one and everyone else lost. Only top ten team not to even play a ranked opponent much less beat one. After this loss they have to drop below us right? Same with Houston, they lost to a military school giving up 46 lol

The Miami defense did fine. It was Richt's offense that let them down and they couldn't do much against a terrible FSU defense. Richt got very very conservative which is what he did at UGA as well.

The refs in the Miami-FSU game were so bad it was sickening. There were
so many bad calls both ways. That targeting call on Miami near the end was shameful.

Somebody has to do something about that penalty. Targeting is killing college football. It is a disgrace.

Miami is going to smoke FSU in the 2nd half...don't think FSU is going to make a comeback in this game....their defense is straight garbage.
raw

The Miami defense did fine. It was Richt's offense that let them down and they couldn't do much against a terrible FSU defense. Richt got very very conservative which is what he did at UGA as well.

Like I told MJ, the FSU defense has plenty of talent and are far from terrible. If they could stop the confusion and busts in the secondary they can be very good. FSU's DL owned the Miami OL and they couldn't run.

Like I told MJ, the FSU defense has plenty of talent and are far from terrible. If they could stop the confusion and busts in the secondary they can be very good. FSU's DL owned the Miami OL and they couldn't run.
No FSUs defense is still really bad.

Actually held scum's offense to 276 yards. Jimbo moved lane from WR to DE and they played man all night. Different defensive schemes and it worked.
Amazing what happens when they give real effort and some guys like Sweat and Nnadi get a little more healthy.

The refs in the Miami-FSU game were so bad it was sickening. There were
so many bad calls both ways. That targeting call on Miami near the end was shameful.

Somebody has to do something about that penalty. Targeting is killing college football. It is a disgrace.

There was an earlier BS call where the refs flagged a personal foul/unnecessary roughness on FSU when the defender pushed the Miami receiver out of bounds. The receiver was only lightly pushed, but acted like he was thrown 500 feet by Superman.

ACC refs are mother hens, in general. They don't like "rough" play.

Reactions: seffnergator
Miami will, no doubt, insist that the refs stole the game and then FSU got lucky with the blocked extra point. But there were several minutes of game left and FSU dominated the second half. They could have easily gotten a field goal and won anyway.

Say what you will about FSU, but they have played some good teams, Miami had not. This was the first decent team they played.

Agreed which I why I'm not sure Miami is any good yet.

Arizona lost again as well.

Yep. The FSU defense redeemed themselves a bit last night. They played up to their potential.

Francois impressed me a lot too. Young man has a lot of courage.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Miami will, no doubt, insist that the refs stole the game and then FSU got lucky with the blocked extra point. But there were several minutes of game left and FSU dominated the second half. They could have easily gotten a field goal and won anyway.
Agreed. And the extra point was not "missed." It was blocked. Which is different.

FSU earned that win, plain and simple.

LoL I've read plenty of them already. Evidently according to them you should be allowed to tackle defensive players as long as it doesn't affect the play. As for the targeting call, have they watched football the last 5 years?

Gotta admit...that French kid is pretty good.

Yes!
LoL I've read plenty of them already. Evidently according to them you should be allowed to tackle defensive players as long as it doesn't affect the play. As for the targeting call, have they watched football the last 5 years?

Most of them have not, or very little. Literally every Miami fan that I know in-person barely watches football and has no connection with the school, other than possibly having "family" who live in the Miami area.

The referring in that game was terrible. Very inconsistent.

ACC refs don't like physical football and often call things that SEC refs don't bother with. I think this puts ACC teams at a disadvantage when they play out-of-conference and end up being clobbered by SEC teams, who are used to rougher play. I've seen Duke and Wake fans accuse FSU of playing too rough. But FSU is closer to the norm, outside of the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT