ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL rules

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I just watched my taped game of Philly vs Buffalo. Wow, what a game!
I thought it very interesting that when Buffalo QB Rosen is in shotgun formation in a very loud and hostile environment, O'Cyrus Torrence (starting R guard) would have his head turned watching Rosen and when he thought the QB was ready, Torrence would punch out with his left arm to signal to the center and the rest of the team when the snap would happen. The center never snapped the ball until he saw Torrence move his left arm.
My question is why is this not an illegal motion penalty? And just so the defense would not get totally locked in on this, occasionally the snap would happen the second time he punched. I have never seen this before, obviously this must legal and it seems like the best way to coordinate all the players with the snap when you can't hear anything. So why doesn't every team do this?
My second question is about the Philly center Kelce. Twice in the last minute of the game he "flinched" and a flag was thrown. The first time it happened Philly had to burn a time out to avoid a ten second run off of time. The second time it happened Philly was out of time outs but no one ever mentioned the ten second run off and it wasn't done. I thought if the offense was out of time outs and committed such a penalty the run off was automatic. Thoughts?
PS. Torrence had a really good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News