ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss recruiting sure has tapered off...

I've actually seen Ole Miss recruiting first hand with my son and a couple of his teammates. The campus is really nice, the facilities are top notch, the culture of the university is appealing and the coaches seem genuine and warm kind of like Bobby Bowden.
I'm not the least bit surprised that they have recruited well lately. I'm quite sure that they have given improper benefits. But I'm also sure that all the other teams on top have too

The huge drop off is because recruits don't want to commit to a school that's about to be hammered by the NCAA.

Simple...Their recruiting fell off because they cheated and are about to be hammered by the NCAA.

No need for the Bama story. UF and UT weren't put on probation in the 90's/00's when they were top rated recruiting schools winning the SEC and competition for National Titles. Hell Bama was on probation during those years.

It's simple...Hugh Freeze is a low down cheater...Always has been always will be. High School ball...NAIA ball...SEC ball.

But that's Bama's fault again.

Take a look at the Top 25 recruiting classes and that will give you a pretty good idea!

lol Im sure the majority of colleges help their kids out every now and again. 200 here, 50 there to help families, i HIGHLY doubt that the majority of the top 25 teams walks into a recruits house with a stack of cash for 50k or whatever you think it is and pay the recruits. If this happened everywhere, you would here about it everywhere. The only places that i think this may occur was ole miss, bama, and clemson. I know Earl Everett very well, talk to him all the time, he says he never saw it in college, never was offered anything in high school, he is still friends with some of the players like Kiki Neal and they said they never saw it.

If it was littered through out like you suggest, people would see it. Now, like i said, im sure 100 dollars were exchanged here and there but big lumps sums of just paying the recruit to come to your college, i doubt it. Very rarely

Reactions: TennesseeGator
So if this became a 2 year bowl ban every player at Ole Miss could transfer without sitting out a year not just the seniors. With their recent recruiting that would destroy Ole Miss's program for years to come.

lol Im sure the majority of colleges help their kids out every now and again. 200 here, 50 there to help families, i HIGHLY doubt that the majority of the top 25 teams walks into a recruits house with a stack of cash for 50k or whatever you think it is and pay the recruits. If this happened everywhere, you would here about it everywhere. The only places that i think this may occur was ole miss, bama, and clemson. I know Earl Everett very well, talk to him all the time, he says he never saw it in college, never was offered anything in high school, he is still friends with some of the players like Kiki Neal and they said they never saw it.

If it was littered through out like you suggest, people would see it. Now, like i said, im sure 100 dollars were exchanged here and there but big lumps sums of just paying the recruit to come to your college, i doubt it. Very rarely

Ask any of your wealthier alumni how it's done. Bama and FSU are the best in the business at shady dealings.

So if this became a 2 year bowl ban every player at Ole Miss could transfer without sitting out a year not just the seniors. With their recent recruiting that would destroy Ole Miss's program for years to come.

Ole Miss usually has a couple of top notch linemen. Wouldn't say no to a couple of offensive guards and maybe a nose tackle.

Well Ole Miss did have a top 5 class last year depending on what service you use. Think the dropoff has more to do with the fact that they're young and don't have many spots to offer (they only signed 22) and their 5-7 record because they made a bunch of staff changes. Once they get some kinda decision I'd bet they go back to recruiting fine. Ole Miss' campus is legit.

Problem is Hugh freeze probably isn't going to survive. He will likely end up with a "Show Cause" penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT