ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so ya’ll know Napier isn’t getting fired, right?!?!?

The players come and go even more often than coaches now too.. This isn't like Cam staying and playing with our top 5 defense in 2010 instead of Auburn.

No matter how good Lagway is, our scheme and coaching will directly cost us at least 4 games a year, why is that worth keeping?

I disagree. As we have seen these coaches come and go. You only get a few great great qbs in a school’s history and they can literally carry a program for two years. Look at FSU. They were a championship contender with Travis and now they’re worse than us. Lagway is a huge huge factor in what we do next year. Close to No 1.
100%. You don’t get a DJ very often. I seem to remember a certain Cam Newton we had on the roster. While don’t condone what he did he was able to help Auburn out a bit.

The players come and go even more often than coaches now too.. This isn't like Cam staying and playing with our top 5 defense in 2010 instead of Auburn.

No matter how good Lagway is, our scheme and coaching will directly cost us at least 4 games a year, why is that worth keeping?
I was impressed we went a whole game against UK without crapping ourselves.

I was impressed we went a whole game against UK without crapping ourselves.
tbh when they scored on the trick play, then the kickoff return, Billy didn't try to score with 2 minutes left at half knowing UK gets it back to start 2h.. they go down and make a one score game. I really think if Mertz was still playing that's when we would have seen what we have seen for two years, a mindless series to go 3 and out and punt it back to them with a chance to tie the game and all the momentum.. Lagway just simply kept Kentucky from ever having a chance every time they got back in striking distance.. He kept moving the chains and then cashed in and just drained their defense in the 2nd half. Like I said last week, if you pay attention to him you'll see him directing a lot of traffic for a true freshmen to get us in good plays against what fronts he sees... and the running game starts working off the read option because defenses know he can take off running like he did in the first half.. He opens it up for everyone, the playbook is still really pedestrian though. I'll never understand how Wilson can just run 3 miles sideways all night in motion and never get the ball, they don't use him at all.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
I do believe Napier survives at 6-6. Candidly, that's his ceiling in my opinion regardless of QB. We are only a week removed from 12 men on the field costing us 3 points and what may have been the game winning field goal. As to the Kentucky game, Napier is good for 1 game each season we show out, like the Tenn game last year and Utah in year 1.

• Angry
Reactions: gatordad3
Was just listening to a podcast where they were talking about how just about every coach in power 5 is struggling except maybe three or four guys. In the last 14 games Napier has better record (6-8) than Freeze, Stoops, Lincoln Riley. Gundy, Norvell and Venables are all all 7-6 in their last 13.

College footballs just tough right now. There’s like three schools nationally that can maintain a roster advantage and most power 5 conference games are coin flips.

In the last 14 games Napier has better record (6-8) than Freeze, Stoops, Lincoln Riley. Gundy, Norvell and Venables are all all 7-6 in their last 13.
fred-flintstone-abacus.gif

That may be so but just better than 500 won’t cut it. 10 wins or better is where you have to be to make the playoffs. Ultimately the goal is still the same. Win the SEC and you’re good. We haven’t done it since’08.

That may be so but just better than 500 won’t cut it. 10 wins or better is where you have to be to make the playoffs. Ultimately the goal is still the same. Win the SEC and you’re good. We haven’t done it since’08.
I get that but it’s not a given that the next guy we hire is going to have us competing for SEC titles any time soon. If Kiffin played our schedule this year he’d lose 4-5 games.

There’s a period between the two sentences. In other words: he has a better record (6-8) than Freeze,Stoops, Riley (they are 5-9) (period, next sentence). Gundy, Norvell and Venables are all 7-6, (which is a close record to 6-8).

The big picture: it is hard to coach college football currently.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT