ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, so ya’ll know Napier isn’t getting fired, right?!?!?

…who’s ready to admit it????

Judgment free zone in this thread…

and they might even win two of their last five to go to a bowl…just sayin’…

sadgator thinks it’s amusing that so many people are gonna be scratching their heads like, “how is Lane Kiffin ever gonna be our coach if the job never comes open!!?!?!?”

I think it depends if he wins one of the next 3 games. I think if he lost all 3 they might not let the Ole Miss game save him as they already have planned for his buyout. Lagway is who is going to save him even if they normally would fire him at 6-6.

sadgator thinks it’s amusing that so many people are gonna be scratching their heads like, “how is Lane Kiffin ever gonna be our coach if the job never comes open!!?!?!?”

You let emotion cloud your judgement. The clown just beat Kentucky for the first time since he was hired? After a bye week we will play Georgia and then travel to Texas, both needing to win out to reach the SECCG. We have no recruiting class to speak of and no one is using the portal to come here. So you do what, bring him back to fire him three weeks into next year.

Better yet sad, let me give you a scenario to slap the reality of current football back into you, let’s say Lagway plays decent down the stretch and we go 6-6 and keep Billy. Then Lagway decides to enter the portal to gauge his value and you start next year with Billy and no Lagway. Wouldn’t that be cool?

Florida is in a nightmare scenario right now.

sadgator isn’t lobbying for or against Billy to stay.

Just observing it play out

He isn’t getting fired.

And Stricklin doesn’t think he’s a “clown.”
Surprised (well maybe not) that people don't understand you are talking reality rather than personal preference. I said a couple weeks ago the interim president won't do anything because he doesn't want to be the one to clean house, which is what's needed. Not sure why it's taking so long to hire a permanent President. The university (not just the football team) is just treading water waiting for a new leader.

Just looking at the season as a whole. No one really expected Miami and Texas A&M to be as good as they are. It is true we were not in either game. But the improvement in the defense is undeniable. The Tennessee game slipped away due to some questionable game management. I said before this game I thought the team would rally around DJ. It’s going to be very interesting in JAX in two weeks.
Could the “process” finally be taking hold?

I doubt Napier could overcome 4 straight losses even with the Lagway situation. I think the big boosters pull the trigger then especially if someone like Kiffin would take the job.

Reactions: gatordad3
Surprised (well maybe not) that people don't understand you are talking reality rather than personal preference. I said a couple weeks ago the interim president won't do anything because he doesn't want to be the one to clean house, which is what's needed. Not sure why it's taking so long to hire a permanent President. The university (not just the football team) is just treading water waiting for a new leader.
I was talking reality too.

I understand what you're saying @sadgator. Scott Stricklin seems to have tied himself to Napier and won't pull the trigger himself. And right now there's nobody in charge to make it happen. I honestly like Billy Napier - just truly believe he's over his head in Gainesville. The best we can finish, IMO, is 6-6 and that's IF we beat both Ole Miss and FSU, neither a given. There's no way we're going to beat Georgia, Texas or LSU. Maybe nothing will happen until and unless the big money people quit writing checks. I remain a fan of all Gator sports - players, coaches, support staff, etc. Watch and pull for them all no matter how good they are. Been doing that since the early sixties when I was 10 or so. The older I get, the more I realize there are much more important things going on that to get too upset about sports. But it does bother me how the football program has gotten to where it is now. No reason it should have happened.

Reactions: Nicktheslick

We love Billy!

Billy is a high character guy who works his tail off bringing in players with great character and work ethic. I would love for him to succeed but he has to acknowledge a few things. He can’t do it all. Hire an OC please. It’s obvious the players love him. Just do it.

Reactions: TEBOW TIME
Billy is a high character guy who works his tail off bringing in players with great character and work ethic. I would love for him to succeed but he has to acknowledge a few things. He can’t do it all. Hire an OC please. It’s obvious the players love him. Just do it.
Well Said

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT