ADVERTISEMENT

Norvell was extended the last 2 years

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
The one done this year ties him up until 2031.

Norvell's contract will jump from $5.5 million in 2023 to $9.875 million this season. He will receive a small raise each year until his salary rises to $10.835 million during the final year of his contract, which runs through December 31, 2031. The agreement was signed by Norvell, Athletics Director Michael Alford, and Associate General Counsel Gavin Burgess on February 16.

Last year was an aberration. The ONLY good win was the LSU game but, they got lucky in O.T. with Clemson and they had a bad Boston College team comeback and nearly beat them. The article above explained they were afraid of Norvell being hired away by Bama when Nick Saban retired so they increased his pay to the above numbers.

Remember Jacksonville St.?

Not over yet but I think that game will keep them out of a playoff spot.
Not going to happen, BUT a 10-2 ACC champ would get an auto-bid.

FSU continuing to play like they did today is what will keep us out, not the loss itself.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Mrs. Sadgator
I think FSU is in big trouble as far as making the ACC championship game and a possible chance for a playoff spot. With their QB this year its hard to see them winning games like @ Miami and @ ND. They might be looking at an 8-4 type season.

ukelele is bad. He can’t throw downfield. They took shots and guys were open and he couldn’t come close. He might have completed 2 passes to wideouts all day. They would blitz him and he would just fall over.
The only time he burned Ga Tech was when they tried to blitz him from downtown Atlanta and came up short. FSU's last TD would have never happened if the safety just played at home on 4th and long. Tech's success at pressure came from blitzes from the LOS.

Reactions: Gator Fever
ukelele is bad. He can’t throw downfield. They took shots and guys were open and he couldn’t come close. He might have completed 2 passes to wideouts all day. They would blitz him and he would just fall over.

They said his dad was ready to fight people over social media posts and was blaming the coaching staff.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
They said his dad was ready to fight people over social media posts and was blaming the coaching staff.
Keeping him back there like a statue with that FSU line, he has somewhat of a point. They are going to be rolling him out all season long, like a deer in front of a hound pack. 😂

I figure it is a good time to have some fun, before we see what kind of disaster Billy has in store for us. :oops:

Regardless, I'd accept 0-12 if you guaranteed me we'd be out of the ACC next year and in the B1G or $EC.
Why? You think FSU is going to have a better chance of success or of making the playoffs every year in those other conferences than you do now?

You’re literally saying…”ok, although I might never see my team be consistently championship-level successful again…I’m going to be psyched just knowing that our athletic department has more money to spend on slush funds and administrative salaries.”

It makes absolutely no sense at all…

When FSU gets released from the ACC, sadgator is going to thoroughly enjoy never seeing the noles win another CFB title and reminding them of how stupid that move was at every opportunity for the rest of his life…
You do realize if we're not getting the millions that $EC and B1G schools are getting, then it's all moot, right? The ACC failed to negotiate a good media rights deal for its conference and now FSU, Clemson and several others will go elsewhere. Of the 38 most watched games of the past several years, 33 of those were either FSU or Clemson...the others involved ND.

Winning or not, FSU is an eyeballs juggernaut.

You do realize if we're not getting the millions that $EC and B1G schools are getting, then it's all moot, right?
Why?

The ACC has a seat at the playoff table (and an easier path to get there). That isn’t going anywhere.

The media deals are limited in duration and will be renegotiated at some point anyway.

What is money going to get you that you don’t have now? FSU is voluntarily sabotaging its own situation. One that it created itself, by the way.

And as it turns out, FSU is apparently having enough problems, just winning in the ACC,

It’s honestly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Why?

The ACC has a seat at the playoff table (and an easier path to get there). That isn’t going anywhere.

The media deals are limited in duration and will be renegotiated at some point anyway.

What is money going to get you that you don’t have now? FSU is voluntarily sabotaging its own situation. One that it created itself, by the way.

And as it turns out, FSU is apparently having enough problems, just winning in the ACC,

It’s honestly ridiculous.
Why? Because staying in the ACC means getting left behind.

Financial: Think of it like the game Risk. If someone is getting 10 resources each turn and you're only getting 4, it’s only a matter of time before you're out of the game. That’s the financial reality FSU faces right now. We’re leaving the ACC to have the means to compete, not just to give ourselves a better optics schedule. Without the financial resources that come with moving to a more lucrative conference, FSU simply won’t be able to keep up in the long term.

Prestige: If you think battling the SEC narrative was tough before, wait until it’s universally accepted that there are only two conferences that truly matter. Everything else will be seen as the minor leagues. Once that mindset takes hold, recruiting becomes a nightmare. No top talent is going to want to come to FSU if they believe we're playing in a second-tier conference.

And remember, if the school brings in more money through TV revenue, boosters can focus their funds on NIL, giving us a real shot at landing top recruits. Eventually, it’s likely that schools will pay athletes directly as employees, not through third-party collectives. FSU needs to position itself financially to be ready for that shift.

So, no, we’re not sabotaging ourselves—we're making sure we can keep competing at the highest level.

Last edited:

Financial: Think of it like the game Risk. If someone is getting 10 resources each turn and you're only getting 4, it’s only a matter of time before you're out of the game. That’s the financial reality FSU faces right now. We’re leaving the ACC to have the means to compete, not just to give ourselves a better optics schedule. Without the financial resources that come with moving to a more lucrative conference, FSU simply won’t be able to keep up in the long term.

Prestige: If you think battling the SEC narrative was tough before, wait until it’s universally accepted that there are only two conferences that truly matter. Everything else will be seen as the minor leagues. Once that mindset takes hold, recruiting becomes a nightmare. No top talent is going to want to come to FSU if they believe we're playing in a second-tier conference.

And remember, if the school brings in more money through TV revenue, boosters can focus their funds on NIL, giving us a real shot at landing top recruits. Eventually, it’s likely that schools will pay athletes directly as employees, not through third-party collectives. FSU needs to position itself financially to be ready for that shift.

So, no, we’re not sabotaging ourselves—we're making sure we can keep competing at the highest level.

Is the Big 10 really interested in taking FSU you think? I only see the SEC adding if the Big 10 expands again?

Is the Big 10 really interested in taking FSU you think? I only see the SEC adding if the Big 10 expands again?
Who really knows for sure (the internet is a cesspool of misinformation on this topic), but the reality is the B1G wants a footprint in both Texas and Florida. The $EC does not need FSU or Clemson, BUT they would make a move to keep the B1G out of FL. People can hate FSU all they want, but the viewership numbers do not lie.

There have even been rumors the BIG XII is after FSU and several other ACC programs and they can throw a lot of $$ at said programs. Who knows, maybe when the dust settles there will be a P3...or a still a P2. There will not be a P4 or P5. The ACC did this to themselves.

I think FSU is in big trouble as far as making the ACC championship game and a possible chance for a playoff spot. With their QB this year its hard to see them winning games like @ Miami and @ ND. They might be looking at an 8-4 type season.
Losing 10 or so starters I had a feeling we'd take a step back this year. And I was right. Saturday was sad. And Boston College's QB damn near beat us singlehandedly last year. Color me concerned.

He only throws downfield to guys that are currently opened and already turned around. It's bizzare this far into his career.

Losing 10 or so starters I had a feeling we'd take a step back this year. And I was right. Saturday was sad. And Boston College's QB damn near beat us singlehandedly last year. Color me concerned.

Didn't watch BC play last season but if they can run block and have a decent running QB it looks like FSU might not have it too easy. FSUs QB made a big difference last season also. This new one except for taking fewer chances to screw up reminds me of his Clemson days. It's only one game so maybe he proves to be better than that.

Didn't watch BC play last season but if they can run block and have a decent running QB it looks like FSU might not have it too easy. FSUs QB made a big difference last season also. This new one except for taking fewer chances to screw up reminds me of his Clemson days. It's only one game so maybe he proves to be better than that.
Their QB ran for about 2 million yards against us last year. I think he converted a 4th and like 25 with his feet.

• Wow
I thought FSU screwed around too much instead of just running the ball. They were trying too hard with the passes to the backs. Should have just run and tried to pass off that. Ukelele cannot stand back there and read a defense. Think you have to almost run an option game with him and throw off that. I thought Norvell might figure out how to unlock him, but that was an ugly, ugly start.

You've gotten significantly less money since...always. Yet somehow, here you still are.

Look into ways to redirect your revenue from the athletic program to the NIL program. Just means you cut the funding to your smaller sports and a bigger piece of the pie goes to football/baseball/basketball. NIL is the way to get around Title IX.

You've gotten significantly less money since...always. Yet somehow, here you still are.

Look into ways to redirect your revenue from the athletic program to the NIL program. Just means you cut the funding to your smaller sports and a bigger piece of the pie goes to football/baseball/basketball. NIL is the way to get around Title IX.
Maybe y'all should call FSU BOD and explain this. They probably forgot to run the numbers. 😎

….or maybe why not just have FSU drop football altogether…sadgator’s guessing most folks wouldn’t really miss it.

You do realize if we're not getting the millions that $EC and B1G schools are getting, then it's all moot, right? The ACC failed to negotiate a good media rights deal for its conference and now FSU, Clemson and several others will go elsewhere. Of the 38 most watched games of the past several years, 33 of those were either FSU or Clemson...the others involved ND.

Winning or not, FSU is an eyeballs juggernaut.

Noles between a rock and a hard place, stay and you fall behind rivals and the sec and get left out of playoffs like last yr. Leave and you are in a much tougher conference which means less wins lol getting rough in tally

Not the amount that it will be. They will be getting close to 40 mill less per year, the gap would never be wider. That's way more significant than 5 to 10 million. In 5 yrs, they are 250 mill down and Vandy is raiding their coaches/players. If the NCAA does shared revenue with the schools, they are basically G5 lol I understand the move for fsu but it's just hilarious that before they leave, they gkt left out of the playoffs when they should have been in and now they are wasting money trying to get out lol. It's great to see them struggle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT