ADVERTISEMENT

New NCAA rule on signing

25 max. Good night bama
Except when they were coming off probation, Saban ids always signing between 21-26.

He's Saban. He don'r have to recruit. He has to turn them away..

As bad as I dislike the guy, oversigning isn't something he does.

Be glad when he's finally gone.

I can't imagine how much different EVERYTHING is since I was playing there for shula, about to see the new facilities and everything in the Stadium for the first time since I played there next weekend for the Alumni flag game... Everything else is brand new just since i was there, they even look like they added onto the huge IPF which was one of the first in the SEC and the nicest while i was there, looks like they added an entire wing to it over the old track and field practice field we used to run stadiums on just since 05... They literally have it all, and more money to spend for one sport of everyone by far in the conference... Just 12 years ago we had an entire state of the art equipment room that had fingerprint doors that opened up and swung open like something out of willy wonka 20 feet wide on both sides full of the most nike shit you could ever possibly comprehend or imagine, could have never run out of stuff to use just from then, and it was all changed each year with our new practice and lifting clothes/practice unis... Ridiculous the built in advantage, when i first got to State we still had the old 90's locker and weight room and then built a brand new one that didn't even come close to anything we had at Bama when i transferred that was still not even considered new... We were the only team in the country that didn't even have under armour shirts to wear at MSU, we literally wore Russell long sleeve baseball type turtle necks, go back and watch the 04 egg bowl if you don't believe me, it was embarrassing.. and we had adidas football cleats, gloves gear that fell apart after two uses.. It was pathetic in comparison when i left and changed schools, I thought I was in football heaven at Bama...

Except when they were coming off probation, Saban ids always signing between 21-26.

He's Saban. He don'r have to recruit. He has to turn them away..

As bad as I dislike the guy, oversigning isn't something he does.

Be glad when he's finally gone.

U dont think Bama over signs? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can't imagine how much different EVERYTHING is since I was playing there for shula, about to see the new facilities and everything in the Stadium for the first time since I played there next weekend for the Alumni flag game... Everything else is brand new just since i was there, they even look like they added onto the huge IPF which was one of the first in the SEC and the nicest while i was there, looks like they added an entire wing to it over the old track and field practice field we used to run stadiums on just since 05... They literally have it all, and more money to spend for one sport of everyone by far in the conference... Just 12 years ago we had an entire state of the art equipment room that had fingerprint doors that opened up and swung open like something out of willy wonka 20 feet wide on both sides full of the most nike shit you could ever possibly comprehend or imagine, could have never run out of stuff to use just from then, and it was all changed each year with our new practice and lifting clothes/practice unis... Ridiculous the built in advantage, when i first got to State we still had the old 90's locker and weight room and then built a brand new one that didn't even come close to anything we had at Bama when i transferred that was still not even considered new... We were the only team in the country that didn't even have under armour shirts to wear at MSU, we literally wore Russell long sleeve baseball type turtle necks, go back and watch the 04 egg bowl if you don't believe me, it was embarrassing.. and we had adidas football cleats, gloves gear that fell apart after two uses.. It was pathetic in comparison when i left and changed schools, I thought I was in football heaven at Bama...

U played for bama but ur a UF fan....... jesus u must have hated it there

U played for bama but ur a UF fan....... jesus u must have hated it there

Like iv'e explained hundreds of times over the years, it's a business decision... Just about every guy in that locker room doesn't go where they grew up rooting for, most guys on our roster were Vol, Dawgs, Michigan, Noles, USC fans etc... growing up... I grew up in the state two hours away from Tuscaloosa so it was where all my friends from HS, family was anyway I grew up around it my entire life. I wore a Gator shirt under my pads for games...

U dont think Bama over signs? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Far less than FSU does.

Beginning with the 2007 season Saban has signed the following numbers
2007 - 25 ( was allowed to back date 5 to the 2006 class)
2008 - 32 ( was allowed to back date 5 to the 2007 class. )
2009 - 27
2010 - 26
2011 - 23
2012 - 26
2013 - 25
2014 - 26
2015 - 25
2016 - 24
2017 - 29

Guess you are one of those who thinks if they put a lot of "LOL"s in a post, it makes them look smarter. 'Taint so.

25 was never the magic number anyway. 85 was.

I more than most hate seeing Satan on the Bammer sidelines. We have to play them( and lose to them as we haven't had a coach worthy of his hire since 2008) every single year. But numbers, unlike posters, don't lie. Only years that there have been any real oversigning in Crapstone was in the 2008 & 2017 class and year after year, Bammer puts more underclassmen in the NFL than any other team.
In 2008, he was restocking after years of NCAA restrictions had put the numbers he inherited to around 50.

Now, Satan is very fond of yanking scholarships from players who don't manage to reach the level of his expectations. He also abuses the "Medical" scholarship route for the same reason. Most of Satan's "Medical" scholarships are for minor injuries to "Marginal" players..But the individual does get his 4 year's of college paid for ( unlike those whose scholarship he yanks). It allows him to use that player's scholarship on a younger prospect. That is something that I wish the NCAA would look into and put a halt to.

Last edited:
Far less than FSU does.

Beginning with the 2007 season Saban has signed the following numbers
2007 - 25 ( was allowed to back date 5 to the 2006 class)
2008 - 32 ( was allowed to back date 5 to the 2007 class. )
2009 - 27
2010 - 26
2011 - 23
2012 - 26
2013 - 25
2014 - 26
2015 - 25
2016 - 24
2017 - 29

Guess you are one of those who thinks if they put a lot of "LOL"s in a post, it makes them look smarter. 'Taint so.

25 was never the magic number anyway. 85 was.

I more than most hate seeing Satan on the Bammer sidelines. We have to play them( and lose to them as we haven't had a coach worthy of his hire since 2008) every single year. But numbers, unlike posters, don't lie. Only years that there have been any real oversigning in Crapstone was in the 2008 & 2017 class and year after year, Bammer puts more underclassmen in the NFL than any other team.
In 2008, he was restocking after years of NCAA restrictions had put the numbers he inherited to around 50.

Now, Satan is very fond of yanking scholarships from players who don't manage to reach the level of his expectations. He also abuses the "Medical" scholarship route for the same reason. Most of Satan's "Medical" scholarships are for minor injuries to "Marginal" players..But the individual does get his 4 year's of college paid for ( unlike those whose scholarship he yanks). It allows him to use that player's scholarship on a younger prospect. That is something that I wish the NCAA would look into and put a halt to.

Saban signed more than he lost EVERY year. So again LOLLLOLOLOLO LO L

If u dont think bama oversigns and makes people take grey shirts or gives them medical hardships to quit early. U are dumber than i thought. It figures that u only look at the face value of things. No critical thinking whatsoever.

Look at the numbers u posted. As u said ONLY 85 at a time. NOW add up 4 yrs in a row. It never equals 85. Transfer numbers dont add up either if u look at those. I understand all of this is way above ur head. Its ok little guy. LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Like iv'e explained hundreds of times over the years, it's a business decision... Just about every guy in that locker room doesn't go where they grew up rooting for, most guys on our roster were Vol, Dawgs, Michigan, Noles, USC fans etc... growing up... I grew up in the state two hours away from Tuscaloosa so it was where all my friends from HS, family was anyway I grew up around it my entire life. I wore a Gator shirt under my pads for games...

Yea I've never understood why casual fans don't get that. By the time you sign with a college you're 17-18, maybe older if you're a dumbass. And if you started football early like most of us you're watching and picking a favorite team from the time you're like 7. By the time I got to Southern I had been a UF fan for damn near a decade. That isn't gonna stop just because I can't play there.

Saban gets away with murder and so does that school, period.

158179922.jpg

Reactions: fsu939913
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT